Jump to content
Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

The vacant land next to Pirates on Soi Full Love Inn was fenced in about a month ago and is now being used as a garden.

Isn't there some benefit to farming on ones land and not having to pay taxes? Saw an example of it in Jomtien Beach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last batch of pics from Pattaya Tai to Buakhao and ending on 3rd Rd.

So quiet and social distancing in Big-CX.   I believe this used to be an 'Erotic Massage' place on Soi Buakhao, perhaps recently mentioned by @tallguy it is no more. Also Ne

Had a fair bit of rain this afternoon. Looking down Soi 13 towards Buakhao. Looking back up Soi 13. I can think of better places to enjoy a drink.   Buakhao view to the north Bu

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, jacko said:

Isn't there some benefit to farming on ones land and not having to pay taxes? Saw an example of it in Jomtien Beach.

Don't know the tax system here, so can't say if that's the reason for the garden. Another possibility, as vegetable prices are now quite high due to the drought, someone may have decided to use the land to earn some money from a garden until they plant a building there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

Y'know I have often wondered why the Thai owners of small plots of land don't rent them out to Farang condo dwellers... To me it would be heaven to have a little place to sit outside, drink beer, talk shit and at the same time watching spuds and carrots grow..... or dare I say it parsnips ( more expensive by the mouthfull than soi 6 !)!!

Is it possible to grow parsnips in Thailand?  I would have thought it's too warm. I plant them in late summer, dont harvest until there has been a good frost. Not sure if there is logic behind it, but it's what my father did, so it's what I do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, awesum4 said:

Is it possible to grow parsnips in Thailand?  I would have thought it's too warm. I plant them in late summer, dont harvest until there has been a good frost. Not sure if there is logic behind it, but it's what my father did, so it's what I do. 

I have to admit I have tried it a few times in Pattaya from seed and failed but your timing is right though...A good frost enhances the taste but isn't a requirement. But you get my point about allotments on unused plots of land near falang condos though ....(or even in the condo grounds) . What prompted me to try it was the price of parsnips in Villa Market a few years ago - Perhaps you would have to pay for security 24/7 to guard your crop if you were successful though !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

What prompted me to try it was the price of parsnips in Villa Market a few years ago

How about Brussels Sprouts... the only place I see those is Villa and quite a price they are too? What can I say, they are my favourite veg, always bring back memories of my mum's Christmas dinner after getting back from the pub with my dad and brother! I should stop buying them... makes me sad!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jacko said:

How about Brussels Sprouts... the only place I see those is Villa and quite a price they are too? What can I say, they are my favourite veg, always bring back memories of my mum's Christmas dinner after getting back from the pub with my dad and brother! I should stop buying them... makes me sad!!!!

Makro do 1kg for 90 baht (frozen of course) but didn't have any in last time I went in. Also Britishop had sprouts in last week and do free delivery over 1,000 baht ... but they didn't have any this week

My plan this year was to fly back to visit my family and at the same time pick up some seeds that I thought might grow ....May be next year!!

 

Edited by Bullfrog
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jacko said:

How about Brussels Sprouts... the only place I see those is Villa and quite a price they are too? What can I say, they are my favourite veg, always bring back memories of my mum's Christmas dinner after getting back from the pub with my dad and brother! I should stop buying them... makes me sad!!!!

Actually, maybe 15-16 years ago, Hilly asked me to bring him some fresh Brussels Sprouts from the US and I did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jacko said:

How about Brussels Sprouts... the only place I see those is Villa and quite a price they are too? What can I say, they are my favourite veg.,,,,,,,,,,

Masochist!

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 July the site for the new 7-11 looked like this
July 9.jpg

And one month later the 7-11 is open for business. Unfortunately for the balloon chasers, no balloons and no freebies for the grand opening.
P8090002.jpg

  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

And one month later the 7-11 is open for business. Unfortunately for the balloon chasers, no balloons and no freebies for the grand opening

Yes I took a look yesterday as I was passing that way (and avoiding the long tail-backs at the 3rd Rd and Klang junction), but decided not to take any pics and steal your thunder! Actually on the corner turning off Bongkhot 8 onto Arunothai I was pretty confused as to where the road was and what bit is the 7-11 parking. I expect soon they will be bringing in the food carts, a dog laying across the entrance, and the usual accompaniments of 7-11s.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, jacko said:

a dog laying across the entrance, and the usual accompaniments of 7-11s.

Do you remember the old goat that used to sleep on the 7/11 steps on Khao Talo??

 

They should get one of those to attract the old goats that live in Nirun ..!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

Do you remember the old goat that used to sleep on the 7/11 steps on Khao Talo??

 

They should get one of those to attract the old goats that live in Nirun ..!!

There was one at the 7-11 near my place in Nong Plalai, big bugger but quite tame. Would wait for someone stopping to shop after being at the village market and wander over and help itself to vegetables in the bike basket. A few times I waited to see what happened when the owner came out, worth a giggle.

I wonder if a few tables and chairs will arrive and turn that car-park into an early drinkers bar, and competition for the GC's further up!

Edited by jacko
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jacko said:

I wonder if a few tables and chairs will arrive and turn that car-park into an early drinkers bar, and competition for the GC's further up

I mentioned it further up the thread...or in another thread...or perhaps in a dream....but I totally agree.

It is a travesty that the "boat" 7/11 on Pattaya Tai doesn't sell beer and yet has the best 7/11 seating options that I know! 

As you look at the photo the sun goes left to right.It would be so bloody easy to put some nice shades up there on the right hand side..."Nice" WTF am I talking about ....a few metres of green or black "farmers netting" would suffice!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite the building project going on at the Soi Xzyte grounds. A couple of weeks ago a worker told me it was a market. I'm wondering if they might be moving the Tues/Fri Buakhao market to this site. Would also be a good location for a Tree Town Two.
50209593302_24c37af887_b.jpg

I'm curious as to what this stretch of concrete will be used for. Whatever they intend it'd better be light use as they're only putting down a thin layer of concrete with no rebar reinforcement.
50208791043_85a2254089_b.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading home saw these guys walking the roof panel up the roof girders. No safety ropes in sight. There's a bit of breeze blowing right now, so half expected a gust to fling the panel and them along with it off the roof. A couple of the Thai neighbors were out watching the spectacle, and I expect they were thinking the same. 
50213521271_77a4221868_b.jpg

50212995483_8ae4749cfb_b.jpg

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Workers working to put up new wire ahead of the crews taking it down.

Those guys seem to be all over the place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2020 at 3:53 PM, forcebwithu said:

Heading home saw these guys walking the roof panel up the roof girders. No safety ropes in sight. There's a bit of breeze blowing right now, so half expected a gust to fling the panel and them along with it off the roof. A couple of the Thai neighbors were out watching the spectacle, and I expect they were thinking the same. 
50213521271_77a4221868_b.jpg

50212995483_8ae4749cfb_b.jpg

I am totally confused (which isn't difficult to do!)... Is this pic from behind the "new" 7/11 on Arunothai ??? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

I am totally confused (which isn't difficult to do!)... Is this pic from behind the "new" 7/11 on Arunothai ??? 

Other side of Nirun. It's on the soi that runs behind M-Club over to Arunothai.

ScreenShot003.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...