Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Has anyone gotten married at the Amphur in Pattaya?

I tried to do so in early October, did all paper work in Pattaya which was then sent to Bangkok for approval. Waited till Nov 7th and still not received approval or getting any idea of a date when we would receive same, decided just to go to BKK and get married there. Had to pay an Agent 4000 baht to get a ticket for that day and was in  and out in 45mins with everything complete and legal. Not sure how long the declaration is valid for but i would say that mine was dated 19 Sep 2018 and so was older than 30 days.

The info I just got is that when you get the Freedom to Marry document, which you have to get from your countries Embassy, you have to tell them what month you will marry, and its only valid for that month. Not sure how accurate this is... but was just told by someone who claimed thats how it worked for them.

Bushcraft is up at the altar again tomorrow...He might be able to help. He went to Oxford you know?
Good luck and best wishes  Bashy.....A lovely girl.
Really?
Congratulations Ron.
Any wedding pics?

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

Just come back from the amphur, freshly married but didn't take any pics I'm afraid. I can confirm that you have until the end of the relevant month to register to marry at (Banglamung) amphur, i.e. max. 1 month after you have your embassy confirmation of freedom to marry. In our case the amphur quoted about 1 month after registration to actually marry us, and that was about right.

We'll have something of a party early next year, but just drinks at Cherry Bar tonight around 9 pm if anyone wants to commiserate.   

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Bushcraft said:

Just come back from the amphur, freshly married but didn't take any pics I'm afraid. I can confirm that you have until the end of the relevant month to register to marry at (Banglamung) amphur, i.e. max. 1 month after you have your embassy confirmation of freedom to marry. In our case the amphur quoted about 1 month after registration to actually marry us, and that was about right.

We'll have something of a party early next year, but just drinks at Cherry Bar tonight around 9 pm if anyone wants to commiserate.   

So Ron, gave up on finding a young, pretty one and settled for what you had.... oh wait, that was me!  ?

Congrats on nailing her down, it's embarrassingly obvious how much she cares for you.  Never mind the age difference, she looks like a strong lass, she'll probably survive the wedding night. ?

4 hours ago, Bushcraft said:

Congrats on getting hitched Ron!!!  Back in Sin City in May so I'll buy you and your good wife a celebratory drink then...

When I got married, we got the "freedom to marry" affirmation from the embassy and then travelled upcountry to do the Amphur signing the next day....  The day after getting married we were back down in Bangkok sorting out a spouse visa application.... March 2019 will be the 10th anniversary of getting the ball and chain round my ankle!!!