Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

The font is fainter and doesn't display as well now.  Increasing the zoom helps, but the font is definitely a lightish grey now - not so good for older eyes.

Also, when I post, lines are double-spaced.

I can't see anywhere in the user settings where I can alter it, am I missing something?

Using Firefox on Windows 10 if that matters.  Other forums haven't changed, so it is just a Talk thing.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Big_Brian said:

The font is fainter and doesn't display as well now.  Increasing the zoom helps, but the font is definitely a lightish grey now - not so good for older eyes.

Also, when I post, lines are double-spaced.

I can't see anywhere in the user settings where I can alter it, am I missing something?

Using Firefox on Windows 10 if that matters.  Other forums haven't changed, so it is just a Talk thing.

Thanks

The problem is a lower contrast between the text and the off-white, very light grey background color. Definitely makes the text harder to read, especially for older eyes. For those using Chrome I recommend the extension High Contrast. Once installed select the Increased Contrast setting. Only draw back to this extension is some pictures are displayed very dark, but that problem is easily resolved by temporarily disabling the extension.

image.png

As for double-spaced lines. If you want a single spaced line, use Shift Enter to start the new line.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Upvote 1

Found it. 
Firefox/Options/Language and Appearance/Advanced/  there's an option to allow sites to choose their own fonts, instead of using the ones I prefer.  Unticking that gives me back black lettering.  That'll do me until/unless there's a new skin that does the job better.

Thanks forcebwithu for the line spacing advice.

Thanks  all.

• Thanks 1