Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

8 minutes ago, Broughton said:

Trying telling a Thai that ☺️

And a long term expat. I'm now wearing socks and two layers on top until late morning. And this from a guy that used to enjoy winter camping in a snow cave.

Woke up this morning expecting to see frost on the ground. :D

PM 2.5 levels are getting higher in my home office. Can't run the air purifier with the windows open, and hate to close them when the temps after mid-morning are so comfortable.

PC050001.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those that might be interested in how effective air purifiers are, here's a mini review of the Sharp FP-F3061-C that I've been using in my home office for a little over four years now. What prompt

To me the remarkable thing is dramatic improvement can be made in air quality and general well being. When i was a young kid the sides of main roads and interstate highways were littered with a foot o

This morning's efforts.  

Posted Images

I gauge air quality by how well i see Ko Larn on my morning swim. A gradient from the beach is clear to barely make out the Island. Hardly scientific. Last week it was so cold i used a diving vest in the pool. Next time i'm home i'll bring my Cape Pond Ice hoodie back.   I think the current situation is blamed on an inversion from a weather system from China. Damn Chinese just give and give.

• Downvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Today is not off to a good start AQI wise. Didn't realize my home PM2.5 detector flashes red when the number goes over 114, that's a first since I bought it last year. Temperature wise today should be a beautiful day, but unfortunately I'm going to have to close the window and door to my home office and turn on the A/C so my air purifier can do its thing.

PC220001.jpg

Could see it in the air when the sun came up today....

• 4 weeks later...

About half of inspected vehicles are polluters

Officials ordered 234,176 commercial vehicles - lorries, trailer trucks, buses and pickups - to pull over for exhaust fume checks last year, and 114,888 of them, or 49%, were over the limit, director-general Atthapol Charoenchansa said in a statement issued on Monday.

Private cars, motorcycles and other vehicles registered for private use fared little better, with 48% of 123,640 vehicles inspected by the department found to be polluting the streets.
Violators face fines and the vehicles can be ordered off the road until the engine is brought up to standard. 

^^^ Too bad the article doesn't state how many were ordered off the road. Given this has been an ongoing problem my guess is the number approaches nil.

Couple of snaps of the air quality from my ride this morning around 11.

Looking south on Sukhumvit towards Pattaya Tai.
P1180005.jpg

View looking towards Jomtien from the Wat at the top of Khao Talo and Khao Noi.
P1180011.jpg

View of central Pattaya.
P1180014.jpg

I then teleported to the other side of the building on the right side of the above pic.
P1180019.jpg

Air quality has improved since 11.
Screen Shot 01-18-22 at 12.11 PM.jpg

source: https://www.iqair.com/thailand/chon-buri/pattaya

On 1/18/2022 at 12:30 PM, forcebwithu said:

Couple of snaps of the air quality from my ride this morning around 11.

Looking south on Sukhumvit towards Pattaya Tai.
P1180005.jpg

View looking towards Jomtien from the Wat at the top of Khao Talo and Khao Noi.
P1180011.jpg

View of central Pattaya.
P1180014.jpg

I then teleported to the other side of the building on the right side of the above pic.
P1180019.jpg

Air quality has improved since 11.
Screen Shot 01-18-22 at 12.11 PM.jpg

source: https://www.iqair.com/thailand/chon-buri/pattaya

A big improvement in the air quality this morning after a front moved through that kicked off an intense storm that dumped a lot of rain for about 45 minutes in the wee hours of the morning. Enough rain fell in those 45 minutes to fill my empty, 1000L rain collection tank.

P1210009.jpg

P1210016.jpg

Screen Shot 01-21-22 at 01.37 PM.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/9/2022 at 8:58 PM, forcebwithu said:

Walking the dogs this evening and could smell a good amount of smoke in the air. No surprised when I checked the AQI site it reported this.

The dry sunny weather I expect.... I can feel it in my eyes.

On 1/4/2019 at 10:21 AM, forcebwithu said:

I decided to put the air purifier I had offered for sale back into service. Made a noticeable difference in my home office, so glad I didn't sell it.

Never thought i needed one but on return from Issan yesterday noticed a fine layer of dust on some surfaces in the condo. Homepro?  I have gotten good but also dodgy products from Lazada so would prefer a local source.   Issan was fucking terrible. To early for burning season but with everything dried the visible dust had all the family coughing.

• 4 months later...

I commented on yesterday's hash trail the Thai are more afraid of Covid than air pollution. What prompted the comment is the trail took us through an active burn off area. This was outside Pattaya near Asian University.

P3250031.JPG

P3250032.JPG

P3250034_censored.jpg

P3250037.JPG

P3250038.JPG

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Haha 1

i have not hashed in a while. but it would seam that the bits of paper used to mark the trail

would be a bit flammable and harder to find. if they still do that.

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, aj said:

i have not hashed in a while. but it would seam that the bits of paper used to mark the trail

would be a bit flammable and harder to find. if they still do that.

And you would be correct on that point. Fortunately we have enough hashers on trail to fan out and find true trail again, much like you would do for a check.

P3250016.JPG

https://www.pattayamonkeyh3.com/PMH3/RunReportLkup.html?103

On On.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu

More idiocy. Someone should tell the idiots a fire truck is used to put out fires, so use it to stop the source of the pollution. Unfcking believable.

image.png

Toxic air still choking North

"The causes were still extensive outdoor burning and the large number of fire hotspots in neighbouring countries, coupled with stagnant air."

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Thought the air looked thick on this morning's bike ride.

I usually get a sense of it in the evenings, a fan blowing on me and my eyes start to feel irritated. 

We just returned from 6 weeks in Pattaya and my partner suffered from Sinusitis constantly. Blocked nose, sore eyes etc. Same every year at this time but not as bad as when we went tp Chiang Mai. After a 5 day visit it took a month to clear her Sinus's out. 

36 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Another bad day in paradise. Don't remember it being this bad before well into April.

Been a long hot dry spell......

• 5 months later...

During last new year took a road trip to the Yasothon area and air quality was great. Driving back towards Bangkok I commented to a my Thai friend that it looks like it’s cloudy and raining in Bangkok. She replied, those are not rain clouds, it’s smog from air pollution.