Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

New direct flights from UK to Pattaya Utapao

This may be useful new information some of you that TUI Airways have now got direct flights from 3 UK airports to Pattaya

Example below.bfe524e98e4fc64a264a8be475a147a1.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Coincidentally I was looking at this only recently. I had been looking at International flights from UTP and what appeared to be a weekly one, every Friday to Manchester labelled TOM (Thompson, or TUI) caught my eye. I did try going to the TUI site and entering some dates but couldn't make it work. The UTP website flight number seemed to represent some completely different routes too. 

Perhaps have to wait until the situation clarifies. Maybe it is only a charter option or linked to package holidays. 

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, jacko said:

Coincidentally I was looking at this only recently. I had been looking at International flights from UTP and what appeared to be a weekly one, every Friday to Manchester labelled TOM (Thompson, or TUI) caught my eye. I did try going to the TUI site and entering some dates but couldn't make it work. The UTP website flight number seemed to represent some completely different routes too. 

Perhaps have to wait until the situation clarifies. Maybe it is only a charter option or linked to package holidays. 

Very probably the case, I've tried myself and keep getting "no flights available" , plus trying to book for May for example gives a message "No flights avaialable in May"

A friend recently flew Thompson (TUI) direct to Vietnam, he said it was bloody horrific and not a patch on EVA, Thai or indeed any of the ME Airlines. I have flown (read: suffered) a 4 hour Thompson flight to Turkey, which was made much more enjoyable by a really badly behaved 3 year old we had with us, and a very stroppy Mrs as a direct result.

I may be wrong but I think they also do a weak attempt at premium economy (extra legroom seats) - probably the only way to fly long haul with them tbh.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Butch said:

Very probably the case, I've tried myself and keep getting "no flights available" , plus trying to book for May for example gives a message "No flights avaialable in May"

A friend recently flew Thompson (TUI) direct to Vietnam, he said it was bloody horrific and not a patch on EVA, Thai or indeed any of the ME Airlines. I have flown (read: suffered) a 4 hour Thompson flight to Turkey, which was made much more enjoyable by a really badly behaved 3 year old we had with us, and a very stroppy Mrs as a direct result.

I may be wrong but I think they also do a weak attempt at premium economy (extra legroom seats) - probably the only way to fly long haul with them tbh.

i have tried as well keeps saying no flights available regardless of the dates you put in  also thomson tui normally charge extra for meals drinks and entertainment which can push up the prices quite a bit .......and remember this is a holiday flight so lots of screaming children  ......  

• Upvote 1

TUI has left customers furious after flights were cancelled from various UK airports on Saturday including Birmingham and Gatwick. Customers took to Twitter to complain they had been left without water and no staff on hand for up to seven hours.

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/975427/TUI-holidays-2018-flights-uk-Birmingham-airport-flight-information-delay-compensation

I think those flight are for cruise customers. They also launched flights to langkawi.

the flights are every 2 weeks and only last a couple of months.

2 hours ago, Dave said:

TUI has left customers furious after flights were cancelled from various UK airports on Saturday including Birmingham and Gatwick. Customers took to Twitter to complain they had been left without water and no staff on hand for up to seven hours.

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/975427/TUI-holidays-2018-flights-uk-Birmingham-airport-flight-information-delay-compensation

That's not unusual in the field of Airline customer service, you've only got to look at that utter shower of shit which is BA, (actually the UK side is worst of all, the HK staff bend over backwards to help pax) . EVA weren't much better last year when they cancelled their flight out of LHR either, leaving pretty much everyone in the dark. They're supposedly 2 non budget airlines, who are keen to point out to everyone how great they are.

By far the best customer service out there is Cathay Pacific, never had an issue using them, but the flights do come at a bit of a premium compared to others.

I can't see any of the big carriers swapping BKK for UTP, as BKK is a global hub, I think the best bet anyone can hope for is that either Emirates or another ME or even Aeroflot use UTP as a second stop or as an interim for flying onward from there (Vietnam or somesuch place).

2 minutes ago, tombon said:

I think those flight are for cruise customers. They also launched flights to langkawi.

the flights are every 2 weeks and only last a couple of months.

just tweeted tui and emailed them over these flight will let you know if i get a reply   

6 hours ago, Butch said:

I can't see any of the big carriers swapping BKK for UTP, as BKK is a global hub, I think the best bet anyone can hope for is that either Emirates or another ME or even Aeroflot use UTP as a second stop or as an interim for flying onward from there (Vietnam or somesuch place).

Qatar were using UTP onto Doha with a stop in Rangoon, but that seems to have been dropped. 

Can't recall it's demise being mentioned anywhere. More suitable for me as I want to avoid LHR and go straight into Manchester, so a Middle East or other stopover is obligated. Actually the main Bangkok airport is as easy, as I live near to the motorway entrance on the North of Pattaya.

Edited by jacko

TUI going downhill very fast

A family were forced to sit on the floor for their two-hour TUI flight to Menorca after discovering their seats didn't exist.

The Taylor family arrived early at Mahon airport to get their allocated seats after a holiday on the Balearic Island, as they all wanted to sit together on the flight back to Birmingham.

They were given seats 41 D, E and F, but when they boarded the TUI plane in June last year, under the numbers was just an empty space, rather than seating.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6586571/Family-forced-sit-FLOOR-plane-discovering-seats-didnt-exist.html#comments

On 1/14/2019 at 5:54 AM, Dave said:

TUI going downhill very fast

A family were forced to sit on the floor for their two-hour TUI flight to Menorca after discovering their seats didn't exist.

The Taylor family arrived early at Mahon airport to get their allocated seats after a holiday on the Balearic Island, as they all wanted to sit together on the flight back to Birmingham.

They were given seats 41 D, E and F, but when they boarded the TUI plane in June last year, under the numbers was just an empty space, rather than seating.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6586571/Family-forced-sit-FLOOR-plane-discovering-seats-didnt-exist.html#comments

Am guessing an aircraft went tech and was substituted before the off but nobody notified the check in staff that the replacement was a different configuration

Edited to add should have read the article in the first place lol as thats exactly what happened

Edited by Rawhide2
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, neilri2001 said:

I know everyone is different but if someone offered me a free week in Thailand but with the proviso that i would have to fly on a Thompson charter flight i would stay at home

Well if somebody offered me a free holiday in Thailand with TUI (ex Thomson) i would think about it for one second and then say YESssssssss!

Long haul with a TUI Dreamliner 787 in economy is actually better than a 5 star airline like Qatar who also operate the Dreamliner !

10 hours ago, Brown1950 said:

Well if somebody offered me a free holiday in Thailand with TUI (ex Thomson) i would think about it for one second and then say YESssssssss!

Long haul with a TUI Dreamliner 787 in economy is actually better than a 5 star airline like Qatar who also operate the Dreamliner !

Yes 33" pitch is economy. Many of the Dreamliners on other airlines are running on 31" and 32" pitch

13 hours ago, Brown1950 said:

Granted. But the seats are only 17 inches wide!

7 hours ago, neilri2001 said:

Granted. But the seats are only 17 inches wide!

So which airline operates the dreamliner on the UK/Thailand route direct with a seat pitch of 33inch and width greater than 17'' in economy ?

34 minutes ago, Brown1950 said:

So which airline operates the dreamliner on the UK/Thailand route direct with a seat pitch of 33inch and width greater than 17'' in economy ?

I don't personally travel economy but to answer your question EVA, Thai and BA all have wider seats on flights from London to Bangkok departing on Tuesday. EVA's economy seat is wider than the premium seat on TUI. I didn't check indirect flights but seatguru.com is an invaluable resource for this type of information. Anyone with a body shape larger than skinny is going to have a pretty uncomfortable time in a 17 inch wide seat even if they get an extra inch of seat pitch.

• Downvote 1
3 hours ago, neilri2001 said:

I don't personally travel economy but to answer your question EVA, Thai and BA all have wider seats on flights from London to Bangkok departing on Tuesday. EVA's economy seat is wider than the premium seat on TUI. I didn't check indirect flights but seatguru.com is an invaluable resource for this type of information. Anyone with a body shape larger than skinny is going to have a pretty uncomfortable time in a 17 inch wide seat even if they get an extra inch of seat pitch.

To keep on topic and to keep comparing apples with apples 95% of all airlines operating the Dreamliner have a seat width of 17'' in economy and that also includes TUI !

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
21 hours ago, neilri2001 said:

You'll find that Brown1950 across all the forums is acknowledged as one of the best when referring to airlines, aircraft and upcoming new routes being announced

18 hours ago, Brown1950 said:

... 95% of all airlines operating the Dreamliner have a seat width of 17'' in economy and that also includes TUI !

So the lesson to be learned is not to travel on the Dreamliner! 

8 hours ago, Bazle said:

Sounds like a bit of a squash up in the back.

My flight on the Qatar one at the front was fine. 

9 hours ago, Bazle said:

In my recent booking with Qatar Airways i avoided the Dreamliner and have a combination of A350/A340/A380 aircraft on the route MAN/DOH/BKK.

Avoid qatar airways B787 economy at all costs. The seat pitch is 76cm which is the same as Ryanair. 

On my last flight at the end of December I flown on etihads 787. The seat pitch was 79cm and very comfortable compared to Qatar's.

3 hours ago, tombon said:

Avoid qatar airways B787 economy at all costs. The seat pitch is 76cm which is the same as Ryanair. 

On my last flight at the end of December I flown on etihads 787. The seat pitch was 79cm and very comfortable compared to Qatar's.

Strange because the Qatar dreamliners are 31" pitch which equates to 78.74cms comparing apples with apples