Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Best SIM Cards for tourists - Update for Feb. 2019?

22 minutes ago, Barhop said:

Ahhh, the different network attempt for sim2 sounded promising but got to ALLOW DATA ROAMING? with the warning YOU MAY INCUR SIGNIFICANT CHARGES  Which is what happened last year, with $500 deposit...  so declined

You should not need to allow data roaming to get on a different network, treat the phone/SMS side  as separate from the 'data' side. I do not have 2 SIMS in my phone but on Android, Connections, Mobile Networks, (for SIM 2), Network Operators, Search Networks.(Usually defaults to Automatic)

You may also have a phone which does not allow concurrent Mobile Networks for Both SIMS, although that would surprise me. Did you enable roaming (for your Thai SIM, this is something you would do in Thailand. For AIS it was called 'Freedom Planet' when I enabled it years and years ago.)

Edited by jacko
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As  you exit the customs/baggage hall at Suvarnabhumi airport and turn right to head to the meeting points there are couple of mobile phone operators  on your left hand side.  I can't remember which c

I have had the same AIS number for years so I really cannot comment about other brands. Here is how I use it. I do stop at the arrivals hall now and get the whole thing fixed up for the month and

Nice posts.   In my third year of same AIS number myself.  Always check before I leave last trip of year that validity extends until first trip the following year - *121# provides the balance and vali

1 hour ago, jacko said:

You should not need to allow data roaming to get on a different network, treat the phone/SMS side  as separate from the 'data' side. I do not have 2 SIMS in my phone but on Android, Connections, Mobile Networks, (for SIM 2), Network Operators, Search Networks.

You may also have a phone which does not allow concurrent Mobile Networks for Both SIMS, although that would surprise me. Did you enable roaming (for your Thai SIM, this is something you would do in Thailand.

Well :clap2  Cannot believe it!!!  Kept trying and trying AND trying for an Available Network... Had thought I might possibly get Vodaphone (current conjunct with TPG who I pay) but it was eventually Telstra who hooked up.  Amazing... there was a bunch of sms numbers for connect and finally picked the correct one ch) 

And no - had not enabled roaming.  AIS says on my account that YOU HAVE NO ROAMING PACKAGES.  TBH, am happy with that after roaming with TPG cost me a $A500 deposit last year.  So it is possible to log into AIS account from Oz without AIS roaming enabled...very pleasing...

To be able to read the current status of my AIS account brought a big smile.  BALANCE 722.67B  VALID UNTIL 27JUL19  I had balance noted at 723.73B from last trip so that's pretty close ;)  I only ever hook up to a one month package so no recurring charges possible.  Anyway, the package I will sign up to while in NAM taxi on 09Jun19 is 30 days 4Mbps unlimited volume 450B *777*7155# (which costs 481.5B with taxes)  Is great for internet and hooking up to laptop on usb tether, if local wifi is down or crap.

Thanks Jacko for giving me the inspiration to keep plugging away :clap2:

• Thanks 1
On 3/4/2019 at 8:04 AM, nkped said:

If you have a Thai bank account, you can top up on line.

You can with mine at True Move but it doesnt advance the validity date only the balance

• 1 year later...

Just throwing this new one in as it may be of interest to those who travel to lots of countries.  Of course, NO-ONE is doing much travelling at the moment, but that will not last forever...

Am not recommending the product personally as I have both OZ and Thai sims and that's what suits me.

https://www.xda-developers.com/hmd-connect-sim-card-global-data-roaming/