Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

The screw keeps on turning... extensions of stay!.

My eyes glaze over every time I read discussions about the requirements for the 800K in the bank.  The 65K+ a month hasn't been a problem.  My one concern is the US imposed requirement that my monthly check go to a direct deposit account which I can't access electronically.  The day will come, hopefully later than sooner, that I can't make it to the bank but will not yet have made the final visa run.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like most things, when it comes to money, the driving factor is not how much things cost as how much do you have. I holiday in Pattaya for much less than most because I do not drink ,I do not smoke an

In reply to Jacko, my bank book showed the money had been there for the year but I think 3 months would have sufficed.

I gave up on going back to the states but would like to go to Angeles in Feb. If anyone knows a cheap o-a insurance please contact me.  As Jacko has said they are poor but needed for travel.  I have i

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, nkped said:

My eyes glaze over every time I read discussions about the requirements for the 800K in the bank.  The 65K+ a month hasn't been a problem.  My one concern is the US imposed requirement that my monthly check go to a direct deposit account which I can't access electronically.  The day will come, hopefully later than sooner, that I can't make it to the bank but will not yet have made the final visa run.

Someone I know had a recent incident wrt renewing a Retirement extension based on the 65k/month income. His usual way to do this is to supply 24xbank statements. 12 monthly ones from the Thai bank each showing the 65k coming in, + 12 from Australia showing the same money being sent out. This recent renewal, he was sent off to some special Kasikorn Branch on Klang, where he had to obtain a single 12 month bank statement just showing all the International deposits. An extra effort and major mess about. Asked and he was unsure if this particular statement alone would suffice in the future. 

Edited by jacko
1 hour ago, jacko said:

Someone I know had a recent incident wrt renewing a Retirement extension based on the 65k/month income. His usual way to do this is to supply 24xbank statements. 12 monthly ones from the Thai bank each showing the 65k coming in, + 12 from Australia showing the same money being sent out. This recent renewal, he was sent off to some special Kasikorn Branch on Klang, where he had to obtain a single 12 month bank statement just showing all the International deposits. An extra effort and major mess about. Asked and he was unsure if this particular statement alone would suffice in the future. 

Seems immigration is following the pattern I've seen elsewhere with Thais is they insist that a required document is on a single A4 sheet.

Purchasing my motorbike in my lady's name they gave us grief when they required a photo copy of her ID, front and back, and I showed up with the copy on two A4 sheets as that is what I needed to do to get a copy of the front and back. After listening to several minutes of them go back and forth in Thai I interrupted to ask my lady to translate what the problem was. When she explained I took back the two sheets and used the edge of the table to rip them in half. I then asked to use their photocopy machine. Problem solved, but I did wonder why they couldn't figure out that field expedient solution on their own, or alternatively just make another copy of the damn ID using their copy machine.

12 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Seems immigration is following the pattern I've seen elsewhere with Thais is they insist that a required document is on a single A4 sheet.

Purchasing my motorbike in my lady's name they gave us grief when they required a photo copy of her ID, front and back, and I showed up with the copy on two A4 sheets as that is what I needed to do to get a copy of the front and back. After listening to several minutes of them go back and forth in Thai I interrupted to ask my lady to translate what the problem was. When she explained I took back the two sheets and used the edge of the table to rip them in half. I then asked to use their photocopy machine. Problem solved, but I did wonder why they couldn't figure out that field expedient solution on their own, or alternatively just make another copy of the damn ID using their copy machine.

I just load the front copy back into the printer paper feed and flip it and the back side prints out on the reverse of the front.

17 minutes ago, VPI78 said:

I just load the front copy back into the printer paper feed and flip it and the back side prints out on the reverse of the front.

I guess if you simply put the sheet in again the same, but moved the original  ID on the copier. 

These folks can do your head in at times......

Edited by jacko
1 minute ago, jacko said:

I guess if you simply put the sheet in again the same, but moved the original  ID on the copier. 

Depends on what they want I reckon. Like a lot of folks I tend to bring multiple copies done different ways.

It's more or less a game whether you want to play or not.

3 hours ago, jacko said:

The good folks at the Bangkok Bank main office opposite Soi 7 knew what I needed for immigration and generated the required document.  

11 hours ago, nkped said:

The good folks at the Bangkok Bank main office opposite Soi 7 knew what I needed for immigration and generated the required document.  

Opposite Soi 6 or 6/1 isn't it?

What I used to enjoy is when they tell you that you need document-A.

So you spent a while futzing around getting document-A to them, they review some more & tell you that now they need document-Z.

It is difficult to get them to review past the requirement of document-A, because they assume you'll just give up.

Edited by LocalYokul

You can almost guarantee this will happen when there is a different person on the counter. They all have their own interpretation of the requirements/rules

On 10/26/2021 at 5:30 AM, jacko said:

Opposite Soi 6 or 6/1 isn't it?

Possibly 6/1.  I know you have to walk a little bit further north to get to Soi 6.

17 hours ago, nkped said:

Possibly 6/1.  I know you have to walk a little bit further north to get to Soi 6.

Yes, it is always slightly dodgy in busy times getting across from the bank to get into soi 6, on the bike after a bank visit.