Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Beer bar complexes, names and locations.

As we all know, Pattaya can be slightly daunting for the first timer, or even people who have been numerous times before. I'm not exactly sure where all the beer bar complexes are these days, and my Google map ability is feeble. In the GoGo and bar review section we have maps of GC's GGB's and Darkside Bar locations, so wouldn't it make sense to have one for beer bar complexes as well?.

as a suggestion, how about google links to:

Drinking Street

Lucky Star Plaza

Made in Thailand

Frog Complex

Tree Town

Rohmpo Beer bar complex (if it still exists)

Pook Plaza

Also perhaps some more, adding as we go along.

Mods , feel free to move / edit as you deem necessary.

Edited by jacko
Moved map to OP!
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

OK I'll reply to my own thread lol, This is the location of Drinking Street up near and beyond the old Big C (now central Marina)

This complex according to recent reports is now pretty much full of Arabs.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/ดาทิเซียโน/@12.9487699,100.889102,247a,35y,27.2h/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x3102bdfe3f505fff:0xaa6b34df4addd1c9!8m2!3d12.948838!4d100.8889311

Soi New Plaza (not sure if it is also called Lucky Star Plaza, anyone know?) is a cut through between Bukhao and Second Road. It berings you out almost opposite Soi 7/8 and is great for cheap beers. Popular with Expats, the area offers the "old school" experience if bars competing with the music volume and ladies of varying degrees of beauty and experience.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9344348,100.8865958,177a,44.4y,27.2h/data=!3m1!1e3

Edited by Butch
  • Upvote 1

Hi Butch. I think the main reason for the maps of GCs and Dark side bars is that a lot of them are a bit off the beaten track or in locations that a lot of people, particularly occasional tourists, are not familiar with. By contrast, pretty much all the Beer bar complexes I can think off are on main thoroughfares, particularly around the Beach Road / Second Road and Soi Buakhau baht bus routes. I'm not sure that creating a map of beer bar complexes is worth the effort as most of them are easy enough to find, even Rhompu Market in Jomtien is on the main Jomtien Second Road.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, tallguy said:

Hi Butch. I think the main reason for the maps of GCs and Dark side bars is that a lot of them are a bit off the beaten track or in locations that a lot of people, particularly occasional tourists, are not familiar with. By contrast, pretty much all the Beer bar complexes I can think off are on main thoroughfares, particularly around the Beach Road / Second Road and Soi Buakhau baht bus routes. I'm not sure that creating a map of beer bar complexes is worth the effort as most of them are easy enough to find, even Rhompu Market in Jomtien is on the main Jomtien Second Road.

Fair point, the problem I have is that there are so many beer bar complexes these days it's easy to get confused. I might even add sunee plaza for GE if I can find it...

One bar complex that was left out was Simon's on ws across from Tony's disco. Like Frog which is actually Simon's 2, bars there are a bit pricey but probably a bit better quality for beer bar girls but like all can be hit and miss. Hot Tuna on the ws front is good people watching or the bars in the back for the sea view.

• Upvote 1

Is this what you'd like to see @Butch? Each bar complex is identified with the beer icon. Click on the icon to see the name, or click on the icon in the upper left corner of the map to see a clickable list of all the complexes.

Edited to remove sample test map to avoid confusion with Butch's up to date map.

Edited by forcebwithu
removed sample test map
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Butch said:

That's spot on Forcebwithu!, is it easy to do that or to edit in complexes and locations?.

It's easy to do, but involves a few steps that at first sight might seem daunting. Once you've done it once though it's not hard to do again.

Here are the steps to do so using the addition of Soi Diana beer bars as an example. Note that for you to be able to perform these steps you would need edit access to the map I created. Assuming you have a gmail account, if you PM that account name I can grant you edit rights to the map I created, or you can create a new map under your own account.

To add a new marker to an existing map:

1. Open the saved Google Map.
  2. Navigate to the area of the beer bar complex you want to add a marker for.
  3. Click on the Add Marker icon.image.png
  4. That turns the mouse pointer into a cross hair. Click on the spot you want to add the marker to and enter a name for the new marker.
    image.png
  5. Optional is to change the default marker to the beer marker I'm using by clicking on the marker style icon.
    image.png
  6. The beer icon is under More Icons, but once used it appears under Other Icons. Click on that icon and your color choice, which I selected as black to make the marker stand out as much as possible from the other markers.
    image.png
  7. Since Google Maps doesn't automatically sort the markers into alphabetical order, you'll need to click and drag the marker in the list to the correct position in the list.
    image.png

At that point you're done. The map will automatically update in any posts where the map has been embedded.

To get the code to embed the map in a new post, click on the other option ellipses next to the map name and select Embed on my site.
image.png

That gives you a dialog box with the iframe html code you can copy into your clipboard.
image.png

Before pasting into your post you need to first click on the Source icon on the reply toolbar so the forum software knows to correctly interrupt the iframe html.
image.png

Paste the clipboard contents from the above step at the appropriate position in your post.
image.png

Clicking on the Source icon again will display your post as others will see it once you hit Submit Reply.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Thanks 1

Excellent subject post Butch. Top notch reply and instruction from Forcebwithu. I was wondering about the whereabouts of Treetown for my upcoming trip. Hopefully others will find this of some assistance also.

rnine.  

• Upvote 1

Thanks forcebwithyou, I'll give it a go and see how I get on, they are really clear and very well laid out instructions, thanks for taking the time to post.

It might take me a couple of attempts, but I'll tackle it by opening 2 windows and going between the two stage by stage.

Edited by Butch

Here's my map.

Thanks and credit to you forcebwithu for the instructions.

Cheers mate, owe you a beer or two next time i'm in town.

Edited by Butch
  • Upvote 1

@Butch, glad to have been of some help. Good to see you were able to create and post a map. I've edited the title of my map to "Test Map" so there is no confusion with your up to date map.

Suggestion, if you don't have edit rights to your first post you might want to have one of the mods copy the map code into your first post. That way it saves those opening the topic for the first time the delay of scrolling through posts to see the map.

BTW, JP Bar is no more. It went under the wrecking ball a few months back. Saw pics of its demise on another forum.

• Thanks 2
14 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Suggestion, if you don't have edit rights to your first post you might want to have one of the mods copy the map code into your first post. That way it saves those opening the topic for the first time the delay of scrolling through posts to see the map.

I have done as suggested...... @Butch I hope that is OK with you!

• Thanks 2
  • 3 weeks later...