Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Long term Russian Expats in Pattaya

My condo has 80 floors divided between 2 towers . Mostly hi-so Russian families with impressive cars. I've been here for over a year and have only met 2 other English speakers. Ivan has not been very friendly , maybe just a language difference.  More likely the alley cats i drag in and out on a regular basis. I have not been a good Ambassador of  America here.

• Haha 4
On 2/16/2019 at 10:14 AM, sailingbill said:

My condo has 80 floors divided between 2 towers . Mostly hi-so Russian families with impressive cars. I've been here for over a year and have only met 2 other English speakers. Ivan has not been very friendly , maybe just a language difference.  More likely the alley cats i drag in and out on a regular basis. I have not been a good Ambassador of  America here.

I saw this vid too butch!  Interesting.

Hi Bill

Try saying "Dob-ray U-tro gas-par-DIIN" - Good day, sir.  "Kak shii vi-YOT-yeu?"  How are you?  "Chu-ra-SHO, spa-SII-ba"  I'm well, thanks.

People love it when others make an effort!  Even if you don't get it quite right.

He's only a Russian not a McCarthy bogeyman.

Just my experience and humble opinion.

A bientôt

Bon vent!

Andy

Edited by capdagde
  • Like 1
On 2/17/2019 at 2:52 AM, JONPAT said:

Russians are not taught to appreciate Americans (westerners) when they are growing up. You are still the enemy to them. If one glad hands you he/she is wanting something.

Some major supposition going on there.............. maybe you have 'been told'?

And the other way around?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????  So funny....:allright

If you're telling me that Americans are a soft touch, easily led and generally gullible, I'll be forced to believe you, you are American.  I wouldn't have thought that to be true of Americans that have a passport.

But that's not what you're saying, right? ?

Edited by capdagde
On 2/16/2019 at 1:14 AM, sailingbill said:

I live in a condo in the US and there are two Russian families (mother, father, grandmother, kids) who live on the same floor.  Everytime I would see them outside of their condos, I would smile and greet them "Good Morning" or "Good Evening".  At first, they wouldn't acknowledge me and just scowled.  After a few weeks, they started to smile and greet me or acknowledge my greeting.  I spoke with one of their adult kids and she said that people in Russia never smile or greet strangers so they were suspicious when I started to smile and greet them.   

They invited me to a holiday party where I was the only non-Russian and the father got drunk and said something to me that I still find funny (and very Russian).  He said "In Russia, there is no such thing as an ugly woman; there is only not enough vodka." 

• Upvote 1

'Andy , you know i'm a pretty friendly guy.  Crazy happy to be living in Thailand and smile  spontaneously about it all the time. Ill give the Russian lesson a go. Yujin , this has also been my experience with unhappy people in general. The last reminds me when i was staying on a Greek island for a month on off-off season, no one else staying on the beach. I would go drinking with the owner of the only restaurant on the beach.  After many libations we would break out singing "No women no cry. No Ouzo yes cry".

• Upvote 1

In America, the “fake news” media has convinced people that Russians are “the enemy.” And so many people believe that.  In reality, it’s just a bunch of brain dead Democrats desperately seeking a reason for Hillary ‘s defeat.

Edited by js007
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, js007 said:

In America, the “fake news” media has convinced people that Russians are “the enemy.” And so many people believe that.  In reality, it’s, it’s just a bunch of brain dead Democrats dedperatly seeking a reasone for Hillary ‘s defeat.

Not just the media, but also the Deep State which has to ensure that the country has a clear enemy, and to keep the arms industry well plenished.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hi,

Reds under the bed was the story in my youth. In UK there is scant credit given to the Russians in the defeat of the Nazis. They paid a high price. On my bad days I think maybe this is as far as humanity can go, maybe we have been here before many years ago ? We have developed to a place where we can wipe out civilization with nuclear weapons. Have we done it before ? Will we do it again ?

• Thanks 2
15 hours ago, Yujin said:

I live in a condo in the US and there are two Russian families (mother, father, grandmother, kids) who live on the same floor.  Everytime I would see them outside of their condos, I would smile and greet them "Good Morning" or "Good Evening".  At first, they wouldn't acknowledge me and just scowled.  After a few weeks, they started to smile and greet me or acknowledge my greeting.  I spoke with one of their adult kids and she said that people in Russia never smile or greet strangers so they were suspicious when I started to smile and greet them.   

They invited me to a holiday party where I was the only non-Russian and the father got drunk and said something to me that I still find funny (and very Russian).  He said "In Russia, there is no such thing as an ugly woman; there is only not enough vodka." 

I love your story.  It takes two to make peace between them.  What about the Russian version of "beer-goggles"?  Bloody marvellous.

14 hours ago, sailingbill said:

'Andy , you know i'm a pretty friendly guy.  Crazy happy to be living in Thailand and smile  spontaneously about it all the time. Ill give the Russian lesson a go. Yujin , this has also been my experience with unhappy people in general. The last reminds me when i was staying on a Greek island for a month on off-off season, no one else staying on the beach. I would go drinking with the owner of the only restaurant on the beach.  After many libations we would break out singing "No women no cry. No Ouzo yes cry".

I know you are Bill - I aspire to your lifestyle and Weltanschauung.  Yujin's story is pretty inspirational.  Like your Greek version of "a pub with no beer" too.

At the risk of sounding like BigDUSA, I was part of the British student delegation to Austria in 1980 (aged 19) to celebrate 25 years since the Austrian State Treaty and the withdrawal of the 4 occupying powers - student groups from UK, France, USA and USSR.  In 2 weeks I got laid once by an Austrian girl in Vienna - I said "Wollen wir bumsen?" and we did, then an American girl in Vienna (she said she was "going to give me the best BJ I would ever have" inside McDonalds next to St Stephan's cathedral - and she was right) and Linz (in front of the wardrobe mirrors) and a French girl from Nancy called Cathy in a hotel in a village near Salzburg (we used up all the hot water in the hotel, shagging in the shower) then again at Schloss Dürnstein, but I digress :whistling::leaving

The Soviet Russians only sent 5 blokes with limitless cases of vodka and, from time to time some rather good caviar. No doubt they were all KGB (told us they were Majors and Captains - no perfume on offer) but with no secrets or future parliamentary career in sight for me, we had a hazy crazy 2 weeks on the road, when there was no other cementing of international relations going on that is !!!!

Peace and Love and Nazdrovje, tovaritchi!

Andy Cap-with-a-red-star-on-the-front

Edited by capdagde
11 hours ago, capdagde said:

I love your story.  It takes two to make peace between them.  What about the Russian version of "beer-goggles"?  Bloody marvellous.

Some of the older Russian ladies wandering around Pattaya now, well there simply isn't enough beer or vodka. 

Strange, the young ones are super hot.

• Haha 2
On 2/21/2019 at 3:53 AM, jacko said:

Some of the older Russian ladies wandering around Pattaya now, well there simply isn't enough beer or vodka. 

Strange, the young ones are super hot.

Don't you worry these super hot young Ruskies are not thinking "some of these young western guys are so hot but the older ones, there's not enough rohypnol."

• Haha 2
  • 1 month later...

Just spent 2 weeks in Nha Trang Vietnam, a lovely beach resort city. The place is full of Russians, couples, families, young folk and old folk. Russian signs, menus etc everywhere and all the locals assume you are Russian. Now I know where they went after Jomtien and, comparing the two places, I dont blame them.,