Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

How to get "blacklisted" as a passenger on EVA Air . . .

From what I’ve read in other articles, this EVA passenger has displayed and made similar conduct on other round-trip flights between Los Angeles and Bangkok.  He seems to be a frequent flyer to Thailand.  If you fly between those cities, you might have had the misfortune to have flown with him . . . or you might be him.  

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2019/01/21/awful-passenger-meets-eva-air-hospitality-in-the-lavatory-and-it-gets-crazier-from-there/

EVA Airlines “blacklisted” the passenger, but he somehow got around the “blacklist” by making a slight change in the spelling of his name and booked another Los Angeles - Taipei - Bangkok round-trip.  The EVA flight attendants are, and understandably, upset. 

That grossed me out, and that takes quite a bit of doing.  I wonder how he us getting home again because hopefully he is banned from all the airlines until he pays for a caregiver. But who would want that job.

Kudos to the EVA CC on board, but their managment team need their arses kicked. Given their alledged disciplining of CC who refused to wipe clean the same pax on another flight, it is poor managment and unprofessional at best. The CC in question is taking legal action, and rightfully so.

As Fiend says, no match on the Passport is no entry on the plane, I think that's a pretty unambiguous rule and adhered to strictly, so maybe some questions need to be asked if indeed he did abuse the system like this.

Not sure if the Senior CC or even the Captain can do anything in this situation, apart from perhaps warn the pax he is being disruptive, and the Senior CC should really have stepped up rather than let a junior CC have to do this I think, as she would have certainly been involved in the decision to allow him access to the biz toilet and change of seats, my feeling is that she should have controlled the situation with perhaps a slightly less accomodating approach.

But then you have to balance out the bad PR if he was genuine in his issues, which, reading the articles over on Flyertalk and elsewhere, don't seem to be. He was apparently "moaning with pleasure". Saying that, if he was genuine then he would have had a carer with him.

On the flight in question he was extended every assistance, as if he knew how to play the game to get what he wanted. One can only hope he is named and shamed and gets a shitstorm of personal abuse for his actions.

It also begs the question what would you do if this guy was sat adjacent or in front / behind of you, would you say something to him or let the CC get on with their job?.

The senior cabin crew should have informed him that, if he can do this himself off the plane, then he will not be given assistance on the plane. If he cannot do it, then he can only fly with a carer. If he kicks off whilst on the plane, he should be informed that what he is doing is incitement of a sexual act and will be arrested on arrival at their destination. Should he deliberately shit himself in his seat, then he should be arrested, charged, banned from flying on any airline and be sued for damages to the plane and compensation for all passengers involved.

KM

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, keyman said:

The senior cabin crew should have informed him that, if he can do this himself off the plane, then he will not be given assistance on the plane. If he cannot do it, then he can only fly with a carer. If he kicks off whilst on the plane, he should be informed that what he is doing is incitement of a sexual act and will be arrested on arrival at their destination. Should he deliberately shit himself in his seat, then he should be arrested, charged, banned from flying on any airline and be sued for damages to the plane and compensation for all passengers involved.

KM

Good points KM, I'm thinking EVA are sensitive to bad PR, and they pride themselves on being one of the best Airlines out there, probably aspiring to Cathay's status. I'd also let him sit in his own shit for the duration.

This had happened with the same passenger apparently but on another EVA flight where the CC refused, they were all reprimanded and disciplined, which is absolutely shocking behaviour from EVA Managment.