Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

BA Retro livery

BA are painting some of their 747's in retro livery to celebrate 100 years. This one rolled out yesterday.

Looks pretty good and nice touch of nostalgia there.

British-retro-3-e1550490740344.jpg

Looking forward to the BEA one.

Edited by Butch
fat fingers.
  • Like 1

Are they going back to the same ticket prices (really expensive I imagine) and inflight food (lobster or Irish stew, not sure if it was good or bad in the 60s)? 

I wonder if Gatwick Airport will be renamed Croydon aka London Terminal Aerodrome (EGCR) and Heathrow, The Great West Aerodrome?

BEAtles.JPG

Great if they could these 4 together again too.

Edited by capdagde
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Butch said:

BA are painting some of their 747's in retro livery to celebrate 100 years. This one rolled out yesterday

Their stock is so old, it looks exactly the same as it was!

Edited by jacko
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:43 AM, capdagde said:

Are they going back to the same ticket prices (really expensive I imagine) and inflight food (lobster or Irish stew, not sure if it was good or bad in the 60s)? 

I wonder if Gatwick Airport will be renamed Croydon aka London Terminal Aerodrome (EGCR) and Heathrow, The Great West Aerodrome?

BEAtles.JPG

Great if they could these 4 together again too.

Or if JFK will return to it's former name,Idlewild ,after the Idlewild Beach Golf Course that it displaced.

8 minutes ago, 4wheels said:

Or if JFK will return to it's former name,Idlewild ,after the Idlewild Beach Golf Course that it displaced.

Or if Idlewild will then be renamed DJT after The Donut puts back the golf course in between the runways, like at Don Muang! ?

(Intrusive apostrophe alert - it's "its" in this case POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVES - it's stronger than I am, sorry....:crying:)

Edited by capdagde
15 hours ago, capdagde said:

Or if Idlewild will then be renamed DJT after The Donut puts back the golf course in between the runways, like at Don Muang! ?

(Intrusive apostrophe alert - it's "its" in this case POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVES - it's stronger than I am, sorry....:crying:)

Seriously,correcting grammar? WTH is your problem?

2 hours ago, 4wheels said:

Seriously,correcting grammar? WTH is your problem?

BA to talk about.

5 hours ago, jacko said:

BA to talk about.

I think I was very restrained in my reply. I'm in my late 60's and suffered a stroke recently. My grammar is not always going to be perfect. I make typos and attempt to correct them when I see them So he can "f"-off as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 1

I've seen photos of the next retro repaint... it's a 747 in the Landor livery and it does look good....

G-BNLY

It's out of the paint shop and due to fly to BA211  LHR-MIA this afternoon

Edited by TheFiend
  • Upvote 1

Looks great, especially on a 747. According to an FB post I saw on another forum, the landor colours were speculated to be on G-CIVB, but I'm not complaining!. It's also a shame it's going West, we live on the Eastern corridor and often see the stuff heading to SEA if they opt for the flight path over N Essex.

Rumour is that BA have introduced a "retro interior" across the enitre fleet in economy, consisting of worn seats, 340p IFE, unpalatable food and Cabin crew who look upon anyone in Y,B,H or below with disdain. In order to truly add to the experince, luggage is mishandled and expensive items stolen by baggage handlers, and the toilets have been upgraded to smell of stale vomitus along with a yellow urine stained toilet seat. To avail of the experience, all you have to do is book an economy ticket with BA to any destination.

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Butch said:

Looks great, especially on a 747. According to an FB post I saw on another forum, the landor colours were speculated to be on G-CIVB, but I'm not complaining!. It's also a shame it's going West, we live on the Eastern corridor and often see the stuff heading to SEA if they opt for the flight path over N Essex.

Rumour is that BA have introduced a "retro interior" across the enitre fleet in economy, consisting of worn seats, 340p IFE, unpalatable food and Cabin crew who look upon anyone in Y,B,H or below with disdain. In order to truly add to the experince, luggage is mishandled and expensive items stolen by baggage handlers, and the toilets have been upgraded to smell of stale vomitus along with a yellow urine stained toilet seat. To avail of the experience, all you have to do is book an economy ticket with BA to any destination.

G-CIVB has just flown to Dublin to get painted into the final retro livery.... The Negus and Negus version