Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

8 hours ago, 4wheels said:

Emirates rethinks orders  and says,sayonara baby. The lifeline is over.

Production may be stopping but the A380 will live on and fly for many, many years....

7 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Production may be stopping but the A380 will live on and fly for many, many years....

Production IS stopping but you have just told the world something nobody was aware of-that all A-380 flights WON'T stop when production ends! Stop the presses! Your lengthy worshipping of the aircraft type will indeed never end though.

1 hour ago, Brown1950 said:

Expect Emirates on certain routes (ie) London-Dubai to fly the A380 for at least the next 20 years.

For sure. They have such a large investment tied up in them.  But they saw the light recently and change their order. The 380 fills a huge spot in their fleet needs.

7 hours ago, 4wheels said:

Production IS stopping but you have just told the world something nobody was aware of-that all A-380 flights WON'T stop when production ends! Stop the presses! Your lengthy worshipping of the aircraft type will indeed never end though.

So you think I'm an Airbus fanboy? ..... I've flown on Boeings many a time, but prefer Airbus planes as I find them more comfortable and less cramped . My next trip has QR A359, QR A332 (should have been A346) and TG 777 (luckily still 3-3-3 in economy).

5 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

So you think I'm an Airbus fanboy? ..... I've flown on Boeings many a time, but prefer Airbus planes as I find them more comfortable and less cramped . My next trip has QR A359, QR A332 (should have been A346) and TG 777 (luckily still 3-3-3 in economy).

My only segment on ANA 777 is 3x4x3 in back! I still rue the day we/Delta stopped flying to BKK. Higher yield elsewhere.

Edited by 4wheels
4 hours ago, 4wheels said:

Wouldn't exactly call a firm order for 18 huge.....And Boeing have just lost 20 from an Etihad order...

8 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Wouldn't exactly call a firm order for 18 huge.....And Boeing have just lost 20 from an Etihad order...

"with an option for a further 24 variants of the aircraft in a multi-billion-dollar order" So what exactly DO you consider HUGE? 100 or more? But thanks for confirming my earlier mention of Airbus fanboy,like the vast majority of UK citizens. Just an observation,not a condemnation. My airline was strictly Douglas,McDonnell-Douglas and Boeing for decades but now we buy what's best for my company.

Edited by 4wheels
12 hours ago, 4wheels said:

So no RR Engines for this variant?

BA have always stuck with them in the past.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, 4wheels said:

"with an option for a further 24 variants of the aircraft in a multi-billion-dollar order" So what exactly DO you consider HUGE? 100 or more? But thanks for confirming my earlier mention of Airbus fanboy,like the vast majority of UK citizens. Just an observation,not a condemnation. My airline was strictly McDonnell-Douglass and Boeing for decades but now we buy what's best for my company.

What would I consider huge? Well something like the Emirates order of 150 777X....

As an American (and Boeing fanboy, just like the vast majority of Americans) it must hurt that your company (Delta) orders so many Airbus airframes....

9 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

Almost What would I consider huge? Well something like the Emirates order of 150 777X....

As an American (and Boeing fanboy, just like the vast majority of Americans) it must hurt that your company (Delta) orders so many Airbus airframes....

What's best for my company makes me happy,as I said before and as long as that retirement check keeps coming. Actually when we merged with NW way back when ( I was actually living in Jomtien then and still have the merger article from the Bangkok Times or whatever it was called) was my 1st big exposure to that type. Honestly,after flying as the son of an airline employee,an employee and now as an airline retiree of 13 years,it makes absolutely no difference to me. A seat is a seat now. But I do prefer 3x3x3 in back.

Almost forgot,I can't remember any carrier ordering 150 widebodies at 1 time and actually completing the order.

Edited by 4wheels
  • 3 weeks later...