Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

1 hour ago, marleyboy said:

I "think" you can still get 30kg if you buy a "more expensive" economy ticket.

I mean, there are a few prices for economy tickets.

If would appear that the OP is correct. See the capture here of a example booking, 30 kg for all economy fare rates.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Bob Belzy
9 hours ago, Gottsy said:

I see Thai have very quickly put their baggage allowance back up to 30KG from the 20KG they dropped to?

As per their website..domestic.

Economy Class 30 kg (66 pounds)

* Except RBD 
RBD L/ V/ W: 20 kg (44 pounds) 

Checked Baggage Policy by Weight Concept applicable to International Sectors within TC3 (Asia, Australia, New Zealand) , between TC2 (Europe, Africa, Middle East) and TC3 (Asia, Australia, New Zealand)

* Except 
RBD L/ V/ W: 20 kg ( 44 pounds) for Ticketing/ Travelling effective on/ after 01 APR 19
26 minutes ago, jacko said:

As per their website..domestic.

* Except RBD 
RBD L/ V/ W: 20 kg (44 pounds) 

Checked Baggage Policy by Weight Concept applicable to International Sectors within TC3 (Asia, Australia, New Zealand) , between TC2 (Europe, Africa, Middle East) and TC3 (Asia, Australia, New Zealand)

* Except 
RBD L/ V/ W: 20 kg ( 44 pounds) for Ticketing/ Travelling effective on/ after 01 APR 19

Just checked my dates in May for BKK-CNX flights and it's showing 20Kg allowance on the Super Save fare....

6 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

Just checked my dates in May for BKK-CNX flights and it's showing 20Kg allowance on the Super Save fare....

But as you bought the tickets pre April 1st I believe you get the 30Kg?

Just now, jacko said:

But as you bought the tickets pre April 1st I believe you get the 30Kg?

I bought the tickets on the 20th December 2018 and the website was showing 20Kg then, just like it was when I checked it just now....

Also noticed the price has gone up 1100 Baht since I booked.... There's a Buddha day the weekend we arrive so I expect the flight to CNX will be very busy...

9 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

I bought the tickets on the 20th December 2018 and the website was showing 20Kg then, just like it was when I checked it just now...

So the domestic has been 20Kg limit for a long time already?  Also I guess you are not going directly from the International Thai flight as the old 30Kg limit I thought carried over to domestic transfers? Anyhow, I fly on Thai Sunday, 30Kg limit, although more than I need. 

38 minutes ago, jacko said:

So the domestic has been 20Kg limit for a long time already?  Also I guess you are not going directly from the International Thai flight as the old 30Kg limit I thought carried over to domestic transfers? Anyhow, I fly on Thai Sunday, 30Kg limit, although more than I need. 

We arrive on a Qatar flight and head up to CNX on Thai, the flights were booked separately... On the return flight I added 10Kg extra baggage and it still worked out cheaper than booking a higher fare class with 30Kg allowance.

Don't know when they bought in the 20Kg allowance, but it was after when I booked flights to CNX for October last year as we had the 30Kg allowance then....

When I checked for flights a few weeks back, the cheapest Thai fare on Skyscanner was showing only 20KG.allowance now Ive just bought the cheapest Thai fare for May (£470) and the baggage is back to 30 Kilos, not that I give a rats arse as I only take a one of those Pilots  small suitcases. But for some the weight limit could have been a problem

11 hours ago, Gottsy said:

When I checked for flights a few weeks back, the cheapest Thai fare on Skyscanner was showing only 20KG.allowance now Ive just bought the cheapest Thai fare for May (£470) and the baggage is back to 30 Kilos, not that I give a rats arse as I only take a one of those Pilots  small suitcases. But for some the weight limit could have been a problem

Lower luggage allowances are definitely a problem if you have a Thai wife..... Mrs Fiend has our cases stuffed full of Thai ingredients when we fly back to the UK....:banghead

2 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Lower luggage allowances are definitely a problem if you have a Thai wife..... Mrs Fiend has our cases stuffed full of Thai ingredients when we fly back to the UK....:banghead

Thats what my dear wife used to do. Unfortunately she died. I think Thai got pilloried for dropping the weight limit which was why they put it back up

I like Thai Airways flight times..so I use them often. I have "Silver" class in their frequent flyers type club..Im pretty sure that gives you 30kg baggage as well.

Saying that....I normally rarely go over 20kgs anyway........

What "amazes"! me...is some of the people bringing hundreds of bags (well OK I exagerrate!) , into the plane with them....which makes a bit of a mockery of only having 20kg checked baggage!

4 hours ago, marleyboy said:

I like Thai Airways flight times..so I use them often. I have "Silver" class in their frequent flyers type club..Im pretty sure that gives you 30kg baggage as well. >SNIP<

It's actually 40kg

24 minutes ago, Bob Belzy said:

It's actually 40kg

Eh ?? Im Silver and having just booked only saw the baggage as 30Kh but I suspect its cos I bought it from an agent

If a decent smiley was added I would have considered it funny, but looking from some other posts on the same day from the same poster. it would seem he got out od bed on the wrong side. Ive solved the problem now though

• Thanks 1

I understand that also it may be something to do with the TA if you use one, as they may have access to tickets under different rules to those purchasing direct. We often use one particular TA when we fly to the RP as we can get 40kg on Cathay if going econ under their fare rules.

Just looking at the EVA allowances, under fare rule "A" in econ, it's 20 kg, "Q,H,W,V,W,S" it's 30kg and "B,Y" it's 35.

7 hours ago, Gottsy said:

If a decent smiley was added I would have considered it funny, but looking from some other posts on the same day from the same poster. it would seem he got out od bed on the wrong side. Ive solved the problem now though

Thanks Gottsy - "Baggage" meaning "mind-numbing regrets"...... more BMs than admitted it.  Pretty sure we ALL have some..... sorry for the TF. 

BTW - I, notoriously, always get out of the bed on the same side.  People count on it in Purgatory.   Welcome to the board.

Edited by capdagde
  • 3 months later...

Just booked another Thailand trip flying into BKK and then flying up to Chiang Mai.... Whilst checking out the Thai Airways flight times and fares it now appears as though 20Kg is the default allowance in economy on domestic flights, but 30Kg allowance is available on Flexi and Saver Values tickets..... Saver Value tickets are only available Monday to Thursday. And Flexi tickets are the most expensive Economy class tickets......

We arrive on a Saturday, so no Saver Value tickets available.... and wasn't keen on paying for extra baggage allowance due to there being only Flexi @ 2360 baht (30 Kg) and Saver Flexi @ 1980 (20Kg) available on the flight time we wanted..... Started looking at other options and we've gone with Bangkok Airways @ 1490 baht with 20 + 5Kg frequent flyer members allowance.

We start our journey back on a Monday, and this allowed us to get a Thai Airways Saver Value ticket with 30Kg and the price for that is 165 baht cheaper than a Flexi Saver ticket with 20Kg....

So its BKK to CNX with Bangkok Airways and CNX to BKK with Thai

25 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

So its BKK to CNX with Bangkok Airways and CNX to BKK with Thai

Baggage transfer no problem?