Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Not for our homeward journey we check in our bags with Thai at CNX and they interline with Qatar so bags are checked in all the way to MAN. 

6 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Not for our homeward journey we check in our bags with Thai at CNX and they interline with Qatar so bags are checked in all the way to MAN. 

For so many yeas I have avoided changing carriers for fear of baggage loss. When it did happen it was my own fault with a bit of help from check-in at Manchester. They said my bag would be transferred onto my South American (AA) flight and ticketed it through. Sadly I changed at JFK and their policy was you had to collect your baggage and clear customs, then check it in just after that area. 

How about your flight into Thai and up to Chiangmai? 

52 minutes ago, jacko said:

For so many yeas I have avoided changing carriers for fear of baggage loss. When it did happen it was my own fault with a bit of help from check-in at Manchester. They said my bag would be transferred onto my South American (AA) flight and ticketed it through. Sadly I changed at JFK and their policy was you had to collect your baggage and clear customs, then check it in just after that area. 

I think America was getting even with you for the experience my ex and I had at Heathrow.

Deplane, get bags, clear customs, take bags to a shuttle to take us to another terminal so we could check in bags again for a flight to Amsterdam.

hehe

You got off easy!

Damn but you guys have one huge airport. That was 1984. So maybe Heathrow was getting even with us???

42 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

I think America was getting even with you for the experience my ex and I had at Heathrow.

Many yeas ago,landing at Heathrow, you also had to clear customs there and there was a small bag check in area in T4 for onward domestic (maybe International too). You had to get from there to T1 for a BA domestic up to Manchester, and it was certainly not a journey to be dragging cases around. Now all BA flights are from T5 and it is easy peasy and efficient. No need to rush either as the flights are always late!

5 hours ago, jacko said:

When we check in with TG at CNX, even though we are on separate PNR's TG wil check us in for the QR flights and issue our boarding passes all the way though to MAN....

With regards to the flight into BKK  we clear immigration, pick up checked baggage and then clear customs before checking in for the domestic flight up to CNX. I don't know if Qatar will interline with TG/PG on separate PNR's. Theoretically we could clear immigration and customs at CNX since it's an international airport.

Clearing customs and immigration at BKK give us the opportunity to get our AIS mobile data package sorted, currency exchanged down in the basement level FX booths and Mrs Fiend to have some som tam in the Magic Food Court...

I've just done a dummy booking MAN - CNX with QR and it came back with connecting flights at BKK onto TG and PG.... but the cost booking all the way through adds quite a lot onto the MAN - BKK price. It works out a lot more expensive that doing it on separate bookings.

1 hour ago, TheFiend said:

but the cost booking all the way through adds quite a lot onto the MAN - BKK price. It works out a lot more expensive that doing it on separate bookings.

Good tip.