Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Border Run Cambodia - Recommendations?

Hi Guys, 

I need to do a border run at the end of next month. I was thinking of buying air tickets to udon thani, bus up to vientiane and then udon thani back to pattaya again. However, thinking about it, one of these bus trips to Cambodia arranged by a local company here in Pattaya would actually be quicker (and fewer stops..). 

I'm a first timer. Any recommendations? I don't mind paying up for more comfortable buses. 

Thanks! :) 

I did Vientiane once - never again, and now I don't have to do visa runs anyway. The delays are notorious, though I did my run privately and you may have an easier time using an organized visa run agency. And watch it if you're a smoker: a friend did the border run there with a couple of non-smoking friends. He bought 3 sticks of cigarettes in Laos, and gave one each to the friends to take through customs. On the other side he collected the 2 sticks from them and was pounced upon by a couple of uniformed goons who accused him of smuggling. Took him at least 2 hours and a lot of shouting to be allowed to go on his way.   

Thanks for the feedback about V. 

Did some googling since my first post and it looks like I'll use "Queen Vic, Soi 6" Cambodia Border Run service. Should be back in the early evening the same day of departure. A couple of audiobooks in the phone and I should be fine! ?

Any pros/cons heard about this company? 

10 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Did some googling since my first post and it looks like I'll use "Queen Vic, Soi 6" Cambodia Border Run service. Should be back in the early evening the same day of departure. A couple of audiobooks in the phone and I should be fine! ?

These are old established border runs.

First Class.

Five Star.

11 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

I noticed that their visa person was kept quite busy when I stayed there in February. I doubt they would be allowed to work out of the Queen Vic if they were dodgy.

22 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

I've used them a couple of times. Not the cheapest but very well organised and comfortable. Big comfy seats with armrests and a towelling blanket if the A/C got too cold.

When I went we got a basic breakfast before we set off and a nice but modest dinner in the QV pub when we got back all included in the price. All in all about an eight hour day that started off at about 6 am. If I had to do a run again without hesitation these are the people I'd use.

Enlighten me if you can. The one problem with constantly reading Thaivisa forum is you read so many conflicting reports.

If someone was coming to the end of their visa having already extended it locally in Jomtien previously do they get 7 or 15 or 30 days at a land border crossing ??

16 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Enlighten me if you can. The one problem with constantly reading Thaivisa forum is you read so many conflicting reports.

If someone was coming to the end of their visa having already extended it locally in Jomtien previously do they get 7 or 15 or 30 days at a land border crossing ??

You said VISA, so presuming a 60 day tourist visa placed in your passport by a Thai Embassy/ Consulate outside of Thailand.

It can be extended once at immigration for 30 days.

If a person comes from a qualifying country for a Visa Exempt entry, they can leave Thailand and return and get a 30 day visa waiver entry. 

There is a limit of  2 land border entries in any one calendar year. I would suggest NOT using Poipet as there are many complaints of people  having 'problems' there. One or two land crossings do not like in-and-out border hops. Nong Khai might be the easiest.

(Hope that helps).

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

I'm doing a border run to Cambodia in a couple of days with service from Queen Vic (Soi 6). Leaving 6am and should be back late midday/early night. 

First time doing this. Any advice of what to bring/not to bring? I'm thinking earplugs and eye-patches for some sleep... ?

30 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Hi guys, 

I'm doing a border run to Cambodia in a couple of days with service from Queen Vic (Soi 6). Leaving 6am and should be back late midday/early night. 

First time doing this. Any advice of what to bring/not to bring? I'm thinking earplugs and eye-patches for some sleep... ?

A good pen, a bog roll, coins and small bills, e.g., 20s, some music and ear buds, sunglasses, a bottle of water, a paperback book or Kindle.

It may seem silly but a small towel. I don't know which border crossing the 1st Class Visa Runs outfits use these days but a few times they have seemed extremely hot places to be, and nowhere to get out of it. It is hot enough in Pattaya. 

They show a film on the bus but if you are the type who can nod off, the eye patches might help.