Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Retirement extension--last income affidavit

It is that time of year so I headed for the immigration office on Jomtien Soi 5 with my TM.7, passport and copies.

I arrived about 10am and got #835.  They were serving #832.

Knowing the new dispensation on proof of income was coming, I had gotten one last income affidavit at the end of November.  It was accepted without comment.

One of the pages they wanted copied is the admission stamp preceding your original visa conversion/extension.  I probably missed that last year as well.

My proof of address was a copy of the house book.  The lady asked "Own or rent."  My response was "Girlfriend."  That wasn't the correct answer this year or at least it wasn't sufficient.  She then asked if I had a driver's licence.  Yes.   Same address?   Yes.  I then looked at the licence and confirmed it was true.  That sufficed for proof of address.

Paid my 1,900 baht and was out the door at about 11am.  Seemed a little longer than last year but still reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sounds straightforward and without any problems. Good feedback. I am reading elsewhere that 'combination method' is a problem at Jomtiem.

I bet you were glad you got the affidavit late last year to save you any complications. Also pleasing to read that the affidavit was sufficient alone and did not require any further proofs. Obviously yours was near 5 months old. There won't be many more. Thanks. 

Edited by jacko

I've sorted my finances with the reported need to show a monthly deposit of 65K+ baht via an international transfer.  How to prove will be of interest.  The bank book shows dates and amounts but is not plain language that it is an international transfer.

13 hours ago, nkped said:

I've sorted my finances with the reported need to show a monthly deposit of 65K+ baht via an international transfer.  How to prove will be of interest.  The bank book shows dates and amounts but is not plain language that it is an international transfer.

Well a friend was there recently and it took him a long time but he got the extension. He had to show the money coming in and where it was coming from. They didn't want to apply any leniency though for the new rule and wanted to see a full year of transfers. (Although I have heard of some renewals with less) He also failed in that some transfers exceeded 65,000 and some were less, as he had  transferred 'what he needed' and some months are obviously more expensive than others. I get the impression reading Thai Visa that Jomtiem is still quite amenable wrt Retirement extensions excepting combination. I will be leaving 800k sitting pretty for 12 months and have started more regular updates of pass-book. 

Edited by jacko