Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Thai International. Whats going on?

A month or so ago I bought a return on TG for mid May. £469.

My friend now wants to come with me and I'm shocked to see the same flight as mine is now £622 !! bit of a price jump.??

Prices fluctuate up and down and it's not just with TG..... After I book a flight I always keep checking the cost of the same flights, and my flights for next month with QR have fluctuated between £500 and £600 over the last couple of months..... I paid £466 when I booked it last December...

7 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Prices fluctuate up and down and it's not just with TG..... After I book a flight I always keep checking the cost of the same flights, and my flights for next month with QR have fluctuated between £500 and £600 over the last couple of months..... I paid £466 when I booked it last December...

QR have had some competitive prices from this end too, I was looking at late June to Manchester in Biz. Last year the prices were all high. 

15 hours ago, Gottsy said:

A month or so ago I bought a return on TG for mid May. £469.

My friend now wants to come with me and I'm shocked to see the same flight as mine is now £622 !! bit of a price jump.??

It is possible that you hit the sweet spot price wise which is thought to be around 8 weeks out other than very busy periods.

With dynamic pricing anything is possible but it is more likely that the price will rise as lower fare tickets are sold out. 

You might both be flying economy on the same aeroplane but that doesn't mean that your ticket is the same. There may be better conditions for changing the more expensive one. Probably more chance of an upgrade but even £622 is no where near a full price economy ticket and those people will be ahead in the queue.

For quite a while the fare Auckland to Bangkok return was $1750 and I stopped using them despite the fact that it was the only direct flight. Checked today for my preferred dates next month. $1065! That is Thai Air for you. By the way, $NZ.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk