Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Just now, MrMango said:

i never had one in Nevada as I only use my condo a few weeks a year. I use Nevada mosty for filing my tax returns.

Smart. That is one reason (not the biggest) that I moved up here.

32 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

Smart. That is one reason (not the biggest) that I moved up here.

Yes, washington does not have an income tax and Portland has no sales tax....

And I understand why you got away from Fresno. My daughter lives in Modesto, and the gangs on the 99 and I5 corredor make life difficult.

I had a stroke several years ago. My wife took me to the provincial government hospital. Three days there and a dozen tests even including a chest X-ray. They have a body MRI machine and a smaller one for apparently whatever will fit inside it. My head fit in with no problems. Anyways I was afraid they were just running my bill up with so many tests. When I was discharged I went to the pharmacy and they gave me a bag full of drugs, then to the cashier. My total bill including the drugs was 7,000 baht. Based on that, the MRI on my head couldn't have have been very expensive. The Thai private hospitals will gouge the hell out of you.

Glad I didn't need an MRI for my old fellah then. It makes me curl up when I see the pills that Thai hospitals dole out. Antibiotics by the pound. The only good thing is they charge peanuts, but they have no business dishing out the shit in the first pl;ace. That's why we have worldwide issues with antibiotic over-prescription. I know they have some good doctors in the country, but they also have a lot of useless arseholes.

12 hours ago, MrMango said:

Yes, washington does not have an income tax and Portland has no sales tax....

And I understand why you got away from Fresno. My daughter lives in Modesto, and the gangs on the 99 and I5 corredor make life difficult.

I lived in a safe part of Fresno but no city in California seems to be immune. I see no sign of such here but I have only been here a month.