Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

A Thai, at least one, who has an expired passport, can get a new one the same day in Bangkok.  As best I can determine this was at the Klong Toei office and the applicant probably needs to be there first thing in the morning.  This is second hand, but I saw the new passport.  To make things more interesting, she lost her queue card and fee receipt after turning in the application.  They found her in the computer although my impression is they weren't in a rush to do so.

Can't the same be done at the passport place in The Avenue.?

11 minutes ago, jacko said:

Who knows.  She thought not.

6 hours ago, jacko said:

Kind of. 

For 2000 baht they send it to Bangkok, fast track it and you can pick it up from the Bangkok office the next morning or for 200 baht more they will return it to the Avenue office and you can pick it up in the afternoon. 

? My wife has to do her passport the same. Her understanding is go in avenue office

and a few hours later passport in hand done. I should have known to easy. will find out

in 2 weeks and see if they chip the new one. still one day and not enjoy bkk traffic sounds worth it.

11 hours ago, aj said:

? My wife has to do her passport the same. Her understanding is go in avenue office

and a few hours later passport in hand done. I should have known to easy. will find out

in 2 weeks and see if they chip the new one. still one day and not enjoy bkk traffic sounds worth it.

I know that used to be the case when that place first opened, I suspect it is now rather busy. You can see people waiting outside during the day. 

? wife tell's me she has to make appointment to go. maybe that has changed too.

it is what it is since she waited to long. we will find out. may be going to bkk after all.

• 2 weeks later...

Wife went 0530 for line #26 daughter myself at 715 finish 10:00 will receive in mail 2080 baht total 5 year no  chip or e-passport so dual good so far.   Thai dl the same next day 0530 finished 1130 she#6 in line can  now renew 3 months early dl  cool rain helps 

21 minutes ago, aj said:

Wife went 0530 for line #26 daughter myself at 715 finish 10:00 will receive in mail 2080 baht total 5 year no  chip or e-passport so dual good so far.   Thai dl the same next day 0530 finished 1130 she#6 in line can  now renew 3 months early dl  cool rain helps 

Jeez!! Do you really expect readers to comprehend that post?