Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Any one any reviews of this hotel

Yeah, a bugger to get to and from, and definitely not by foot.  I spent one night at Shagwell Mansions quite a few years ago (not all that far from there) and vowed to always stay closer to the action.

Well appears OYO has taken over a building in the Spanish Place Condo complex and reconfigured it as a hotel.  Location is poor and as such the condos were never all that attractive in the Pattaya market.  (Not sure, but that swimming pool may be part of the entire condo and not just for OYO residents.)

Article here from Wikipedia re OYO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OYO_Rooms

Well, that article certainly puts an end to any thoughts I would ever have about the hotel, not that Wikipedia is all that reliable as more than just a very general source.

Thanks for the replies to be honest its just a base hotel for my travels around Thailand i will be only staying for 7/10 days here the rest of the time traveling around ..so i think i will manage to get around via motor bike taxis thanks once again for the info  ...Ian 

I had a ride past today but also stopped for a closer look. This place looks deserted and unkempt.  I couldn't see one person, guest or staff, in the building. It wouldn't surprise me if you were the only customer in the whole place. You might well be only using it for a few days but seriously, I would reconsider. There are no redeeming features about this place. It's in a crap location with nothing around it to make it a good place to stay. There was no-one on reception and there is no security. Nothing has been swept and the place is full of leaves.  Along the adjacent road there are empty condos and if you're truly from Salford, you'll understand what I mean about the road being cobbled! You're at least 3/4 km from Big C Extra/Klang so you would be relying on motorbike taxis everytime you leave the building. 

Out of all the millions of places to stay in Pattaya, I'm sure you can come up with something better.

KM

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, martini9946 said:

Thanks for the replies to be honest its just a base hotel for my travels around Thailand i will be only staying for 7/10 days here the rest of the time traveling around ..so i think i will manage to get around via motor bike taxis thanks once again for the info  ...Ian 

If they are available.

Seriously, consider being more central, out there is a little too far. 

4 hours ago, jacko said:

If they are available.

Seriously, consider being more central, out there is a little too far. 

I fear he prepaid for this and the cash is sunk. Prepaying for hotels is the equivalent of buying the basic fly or else airfare saving 3% in the process and having no ability to bail out. 

I see on the map it's walking distance to Rubber Land, might be very low cost condoms there. 

I wound up on Suk 46/3 once by accident on my bike and this is around there but wow not great access to anything familiar. Apart from Rubber Land which I now want to go to.

1 hour ago, Grandpollo said:

Apart from Rubber Land which I now want to go to.

Very popular with the Chinese coach tours and a cause of accidents on Sukhumvit. I frequently passed when the tunnel construction forced me up there. I doubt much to be seen, although don't forget King Power Duty free!

16 hours ago, keyman said:

I had a ride past today but also stopped for a closer look. This place looks deserted and unkempt.  I couldn't see one person, guest or staff, in the building. It wouldn't surprise me if you were the only customer in the whole place. You might well be only using it for a few days but seriously, I would reconsider. There are no redeeming features about this place. It's in a crap location with nothing around it to make it a good place to stay. There was no-one on reception and there is no security. Nothing has been swept and the place is full of leaves.  Along the adjacent road there are empty condos and if you're truly from Salford, you'll understand what I mean about the road being cobbled! You're at least 3/4 km from Big C Extra/Klang so you would be relying on motorbike taxis everytime you leave the building. 

Out of all the millions of places to stay in Pattaya, I'm sure you can come up with something better.

KM

To be honest i normally stay in stutus court on soi Buakhao but could not justify the price for such a short stay 1 was looking at £600/£700 just to keep an empty room for 3 weeks while i tour Thailand...and i got this one at a bargain price also if it is as you say i will move hotels whe i return from my travels thanks for doing a recce for me ....Ian  

If you're just looking for somewhere to dump some gear whilst you're touring, have you thought about  leaving it in storage? There was a thread about it on here recently and might be a better option for leaving stuff for a few weeks than leaving it in an empty cheap hotel room.

Just a thought.

KM

• Like 1
20 hours ago, keyman said:

If you're just looking for somewhere to dump some gear whilst you're touring, have you thought about  leaving it in storage? There was a thread about it on here recently and might be a better option for leaving stuff for a few weeks than leaving it in an empty cheap hotel room.

Just a thought.

KM

I'd imagine your belongings would be safer in storage than in an unused hotel room too. 

looked at storage but i also need  accommodation for my first few days and also the last week so i've looked on hotel trivago for a hotel nearer the action but the prices plus storage fees dont justify it  for the length of my stay especially as i got  ozone prime at a cheap rate ......Ian but thanks for all the help   Ian

• 1 month later...

Wanting to be near the action - I found a report on The Classroom - the ex GoGo up from The Penthouse, which was, in a past time a place to stay when Pattayaland was in full swing.

Seems it is now a well placed accommodation option - would wonder about noise levels though - anyone know it?