Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

?Had to do complete fingerprints this time wife daughter too they had Thai passport. Was asked why no O visa this time? Only here 30 days will renew this time my reply. Have talk to Canada friend was told you come to Thailand to much next time not get in. WTF Aussie friend doing visa run today will see. They both play 30.day visa run always fly. They did not finger print last time. How long they been full finger prints

Yeah a friend confirmed he was done on arrival 10 or so days ago. They obviously got them working. 

It will not be so easy to dodge behind dual nationality and by getting a new passport in the future,, and living in Thailand on Visa waivers or tourist visas is getting harder. 

Edited by jacko

I came here in February and they didn't fingerprint me. I came two weeks ago and they appeared to be fingerprinting everyone. It certainly increased the waiting time to clear immigration, especially when they are trying to explain to a Russian woman to change hands and she kept giving the same bloody hand!

KM

I arrived on 17/5,  went through the Thai channel with Mrs Fiend and no fingerprints were taken.

First time I've heard of fingerprints being taken at immigration.

Immigration is now using biometrics capture technology at Suvarnabhumi.  On the counter, there is a device with a glass surface.  You place the four fingers of your right hand on it until it registers, then the four fingers of your left had and finally your two thumbs.  Once that is done, a connected camera takes your picture.  On Monday, there was signage at departing saying it was being tested.  Coming back on Friday, no such signage.

For each set of prints, it registered in a few seconds, comparable to similar tecnology in the US.  I don't know (didn't look) to see if the officer had a device to scan your passport.  That would save some key strokes and time.

No idea what kind of data base they are connected to.

Didn't really seem to increase the time per person.

• Thanks 1

We looked at the Thai passport section and it looked to be all automated stations so "I'm with her" didn't seem to be an option.

3 hours ago, nkped said:

We looked at the Thai passport section and it looked to be all automated stations so "I'm with her" didn't seem to be an option.

When we went through there was a couple of desks open just to the side of the automated stations...

Yep, I underwent the biometric scan when I flew in. Overall it's not a massive delay, but the glass gets greasy and it took the guy in front 4 attempts to get his dabs read.

They should really provide some kind of sanitary wipes or gel , I mean the bloke in front might have had his finger up his arse 2 minutes before...

Just remember to wash or take some baby wipes (a travel essential which I do on the plane anyway to wipe down the seat / table surfaces) to clean your hands with.

On topic, the immigration delay outward of BKK was a bloody nightmare. They were stopping people using the escalators because the immigration hall was rammed solid, it took me 45 minutes to get through after X ray.

I arrived at 10:50 and was 3rd in line in Fast Track. Despite there being instructions in the language of the passenger and an animated diagram as to what to do, the two in front of me were faced with their own personal Rubik's Cube. Then when I am the next to go, this guy in the longer next line, who was related to the two before me asked if I'd mind if he and 4 of his group went ahead of me.

Yes I mind and no they didn't. 5 more people baffled by a piece of glass is too much. They may still be in the line. 

From door open on the plane to the hotel in Pattaya 2 hours and 10 minutes which has to be a record. Including DTAC in the luggage area with two really cute DTAC girls. Same prices as outside but with no lineup.

6 hours ago, Bob Belzy said:

Why would you want to do that?   Go through one airport, have your fingerprints read.   Change your fingerprints and then go through another airport...….sorry you are not the same person, cannot come into the country,  catch the next plane back to where you came from.

20 minutes ago, awesum4 said:

Why would you want to do that?   Go through one airport, have your fingerprints read.   Change your fingerprints and then go through another airport...….sorry you are not the same person, cannot come into the country,  catch the next plane back to where you came from.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................

The only objection I have to the biometric fingerprint testing, is surely in high season it is going to cause long queues at immigration, especially with the many Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Indian passengers who seem incapable of standing on 2 big yellow footprints with their glasses/headware removed.

You're right Gus and make a very good point. I normally fastrack with BFS but they no longer do it as a service so I have to stand in line. This time the line was moving at a fairly decent rate, but it was only , say, a quarter full. Add into the mix a couple of Air India and Air China 777's and things get a shite sight worse.

Cheers Bazle

Just cheking out the prices...1200 baht if I read it correctly (UK are not on the VOA list)

Edited by Butch
found the right webpage!!

On their pricing page you can see B1,200.

It will be interesting to see how long they are able do this as the immigration officer (not the ladies at the entrance who take the FT card) wanted my boarding pass.

23 minutes ago, Grandpollo said:

On their pricing page you can see B1,200.

It will be interesting to see how long they are able do this as the immigration officer (not the ladies at the entrance who take the FT card) wanted my boarding pass.

It was my understanding from reading a while ago that these services were to be discontinued and only biz class pax would get fast tracked, but then if they have the right connections and envelopes......

On 6/4/2019 at 11:26 AM, Bob Belzy said:

It was my understanding from reading a while ago that these services were to be discontinued and only biz class pax would get fast tracked, but then if they have the right connections and envelopes......

Well, I hope they do as I've just booked them! Will let you know in about 10 days.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Bazle said:

Well, I hope they do as I've just booked them! Will let you know in about 10 days.

Please do Bazle, it's of interest to me and I'm sure a few more BM's. virtual or real SM light if we ever meet!!.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 4:02 AM, Butch said:

Please do Bazle, it's of interest to me and I'm sure a few more BM's. virtual or real SM light if we ever meet!!.

On 6/9/2019 at 2:49 AM, Bazle said:

I arrived at Swampy at about 3.40 pm yesterday.

There was a man holding a board with my name on it at the end of the gangway. He took me to the Fast Track Immigration counters. I didn't have to queue. The fingerprinting was easy and quick - but the instructions were in English, so I'm not sure everyone will regard them as straightforward.

I didn't have hold luggage, so I'm not sure if the guy would have stayed to make sure such luggage arrived.

As I might have guessed, I gained very little by paying for this service: neither of the regular Immigration areas was particularly busy.

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Bazle said:

... - but the instructions were in English, so I'm not sure everyone will regard them as straightforward.

If you are Chinese they are in Chinese, etc. And there is an animation that a child could follow. Still the two ladies ahead of me a couple weeks ago were complete tools at it with several attempts. And then her husband with 5 more people in the line (no doubt 5X useless at it given a chance) one over asks me if he and they can cut ahead of me. He stayed in his line as you can imagine. 

Just went thru Monday 0200 am. Going out thru immigration was only 30 minutes. The scanners for finger prints

were not being used. Brackets for them were still in place as was the other hardware. Maybe they had enough complaints and delayed flights

they stopped for now. Boarding pass passport departure card smile for picture and out you go. Still have to laugh at people that can not find the footprints.

• Upvote 1