Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hotel vs Condo rental - 3 weeks stay

Hi,

Asking on behalf of a friend. Cost is not a major issue, his budget is 1600 - 2000 per night, essentials are the use of a pool, daily apartment service and security.

For that kind of budget there are some decent hotels in town, but has anyone here tried short term condo rental and if so, how did they find it?.

Cheers and virtual San Mig Light with a slice of mouldy manao to you all.

View Talay 6 next to Central Festival. Prices range anywhere from 1,000 - 2,200 baht. 48sq M. apartments.  Has pool and security and cleaning can be daily, weekly or anything in between. Several different agencies within the complex renting rooms. Shop, laundry, cafe and massage within the complex. I stay there for 2 or 3 weeks at a time. 

KM

• Like 2

Strictly speaking condos should not be rented out for less than 1 month. In Bangkok such places are being raided and all residents checked for address reporting. 

In the past I used to bridge the cramped hotel room to a spacious condo where I can make a bit of brekkie and keep my favourite beer brand at hand using the Residence Hotel and Nova park. Always liked having a separate  bedroom.  

• Like 1

thanks chaps, I'm not 100% sure if the month rental rule is strictly enforced, as he's had quotes back for the 3 weeks. Good shout on the Nova Jacko, I'll link it over to him.

Booked three weeks at The Base for August through ManyHoliday (Mike's Mall carpark) via Booking, rather than our usual 1 week found on the ground then move on - 3 different hotels.  Not sure if we'll regret it.  We live in 40m2 so don't think size will be a problem - saw all the stuff about illegality later and the Bangkok raid. 

Going to ask for an attestation saying we're staying for a month (and we'll leave early) + a copy of the declaration of stay.

Just checked 30967bht for 22 nights = 1408 bht per night (over our normal 1000bht per night budget) = 40€ per night @ 1€ = 35 bht.  That includes Booking's rake off of course.

Full report in TR to come.

Edited by capdagde

I have noted quite a few places with revised signage saying month in minimum however I would assume that like all else this would be a very flexible rule.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

On 6/8/2019 at 12:43 PM, capdagde said:

Booked three weeks at The Base for August through ManyHoliday (Mike's Mall carpark) via Booking, rather than our usual 1 week found on the ground then move on - 3 different hotels.  Not sure if we'll regret it.  We live in 40m2 so don't think size will be a problem - saw all the stuff about illegality later and the Bangkok raid. 

Hope you speak arsehole, reports are that The Base is overrun by rude Chinese tourists.

8 hours ago, Big_Brian said:

Hope you speak arsehole, reports are that The Base is overrun by rude Chinese tourists.

So I believe - well I'll see for myself.  Xiexie, wanan!

• 6 months later...
On 6/10/2019 at 9:18 PM, capdagde said:

So I believe - well I'll see for myself.  Xiexie, wanan!

You might want to read the reviews on Agoda and booking about the deposit and getting it back.

32 minutes ago, yselmike said:

You might want to read the reviews on Agoda and booking about the deposit and getting it back.

A bit late. Andy has already stayed there and went home months ago.?

• Haha 1
On 1/2/2020 at 1:38 AM, tallguy said:

A bit late. Andy has already stayed there and went home months ago.?

Andy never stayed there, they booked another place whose name eludes me at the moment.

I stayed there and had no problems. Lots of Chinese but they ignored me and I ignored them. Except that the young ones crowded out the pool on the 31st floor.

No problem with bringing back girls.

5 hours ago, awesum4 said:

Andy never stayed there, they booked another place whose name eludes me at the moment.

I stayed there and had no problems. Lots of Chinese but they ignored me and I ignored them. Except that the young ones crowded out the pool on the 31st floor.

No problem with bringing back girls.

It was the noise according to a mate who stayed there and the size of the rooms.

I have booked a room at the Classroom hotel because of its Size just under 40 square metres and it's got a big balcony on the Pattaya side the two things I want in a room really.not cheap but what the hell a few thousand Baht here or there is not going to have a big impact on my life,and it might very well be my last intercontinental trip.

On 1/3/2020 at 11:43 PM, yselmike said:

It was the noise according to a mate who stayed there and the size of the rooms.

I have booked a room at the Classroom hotel because of its Size just under 40 square metres and it's got a big balcony on the Pattaya side the two things I want in a room really.not cheap but what the hell a few thousand Baht here or there is not going to have a big impact on my life,and it might very well be my last intercontinental trip.

Fair enough.  The rooms were small. 

When I returned to Pattaya from my trip out east I stayed at Opey de Place on Soi Lengkee.  It's a lot smaller and right in the centre of the action. Only a small pool but it was normally empty, always empty recliners and it had trees where you could relax in the shade. No balcony with a view, but you could sit at the front of the hotel, have a coffee while watching the world go by.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 7:27 PM, awesum4 said:

Fair enough.  The rooms were small. 

When I returned to Pattaya from my trip out east I stayed at Opey de Place on Soi Lengkee.  It's a lot smaller and right in the centre of the action. Only a small pool but it was normally empty, always empty recliners and it had trees where you could relax in the shade. No balcony with a view, but you could sit at the front of the hotel, have a coffee while watching the world go by.

Heard some good reports about Opey. In the end my friend went through Honey rooms and got a place in VT6 for 1800 plus the utility bills, which were fairly minimal. Very pleased with the service and he will use them again, he didn't need the maid service as his Mrs did all the dhobi stuff for him.