Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

It's USA - Thailand or was.

Not sure if I should post the score....nah. Anyone can google it.

I'm just surprised it isn't being discussed. Then again, Americans likely don't care and I won't speak for you ferriners.

I think women's soccer is more popular in the USA than in Europe after winning it!

When a goal scorer starts ripping their shirt off it may get better spectator numbers. 

My son’s mate played in an under 15 team against ‘The Matildas’ Australia’s National women’s team..... then rated 5th in the world. They beat the national woman’s team 10-1 

says it all..... they’d be better of waltzing.

Hope England do well but won’t be watching.

8 hours ago, jacko said:

I think women's soccer is more popular in the USA than in Europe after winning it!

When a goal scorer starts ripping their shirt off it may get better spectator numbers. 

Women's soccer, at least at this level, is probably more popular in the USA than men's but I am not sure. I follow British soccer, not USA soccer.

I think the ladies get more commercial endorsement money that do the guys. That is an indicator of that.

as to whiiping their shirts off...not as exciting as one might wish.

American , we dont care about soccer. .   We watch Football and Baseball . My home team the Baltimore Orioles sucks. . But i still support them and want to be at the field next summer.The BBq and hot dogs dont get any better.  I was very happy when my daughter played Lacrosse instead of soccer   . I was pulling for the Thai girls to upset. my team.  Even though im an American. Sorry the score was so lopsided.  But hell , those girls can hit a golf ball.

37 minutes ago, sailingbill said:

American , we dont care about soccer. .   We watch Football and Baseball . My home team the Baltimore Orioles sucks. . But i still support them and want to be at the field next summer.The BBq and hot dogs dont get any better.  I was very happy when my daughter played Lacrosse instead of soccer   . I was pulling for the Thai girls to upset. my team.  Even though im an American. Sorry the score was so lopsided.  But hell , those girls can hit a golf ball.

Moving up here to the Portland Metro region I have left behind the Giants, A's, 49ers (the Raiders are always leaving so the Hell with them), the Warriors and the Sharks.

For football and MLB you have to drive hours to Seattle. Hockey is in Vancouver, Canada. What we have here is the NBA and pro soccer, which is fairly popular.

My Giants had a run but they now suck. They aren't much better than the Orioles and trending downward.

I liked the Orioles of old when you had Palmer and Cuellar and McNally.... What a great team.

Mid , Raiders were always a favorite of mine.  yea , surprised any one remembers these guys  Dave and Mike. and Jim.   It was all about sportsmanship and commitment to a city.  Cal was the last one, .    . Do you remember Dempsey's rain delay show?  Im looking at the Senators next year 

I missed a lot of games back then due to military service.

Cal was a true iron man. His dad was a great baseball man. I see Billy on TV from time to time.

Dempsey was a hard nosed ball player. They all were back then. Senators miss Harper.

I think this is part of what you are talking about.

25 minutes ago, JONPAT said:

Women's soccer takes a backseat to basketball and hockey this week. Anyway a 13-0 shellacking just says the game was unnecessary in the first place.

Yes, one of the most lopsided matches I can recall but Thailand did qualify for group play and the game did need to be played. We will see how Thailand does against Sweden and Chile. I  don't think she will advance.

If popularity is based upon $$$, then the US Women’s Soccer team (USWNT) is more popular than the US Men’s Soccer team.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/19/us-womens-soccer-games-now-generate-more-revenue-than-mens.html

Right now the FIFA Women’s World Cup and the Copa America games / matches are on TV.   I’ve found myself watching more of the FIFA Women’s World Cup games / matches than the Copa America regardless of the countries playing.  

On 6/12/2019 at 2:35 PM, sailingbill said:

But hell , those girls can hit a golf ball.

Hi,

Yeah, I notice Thais doing well in both the mens and womens game.