Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Where to stay for a 4-week trip?

On 6/19/2019 at 1:07 PM, English Rose on the Poon said:

My name is Alan and I have the English Rose on the poon..I have rooms available for your dates..have a look at them on my site englishrosepattaya.com

Cheers

Alan.

Hi Alan, got any rooms in the backside as my former Indian colleagues would say, for reasons of quiet?

Flo and I will pop by for a glass and a look in August - got Heineken 00 - if not could you get half a dozen in?

Cheers, Andy Cirrhosis Cap

On 6/20/2019 at 10:05 AM, TheFiend said:

There are still some people that like dealing direct rather than through websites like booking.com and agoda, so website listed rates are helpful for those people.

Recently I've been booking accommodation in Pattaya by clicking through a cashback site to expedia.com

Have simply never used any booking websites and always dealt direct with hotel via email or its own website for the simple reason its always cheaper for obvious reasons.

Stand on me I have checked ever since these sites sprung up....

Edited by Rawhide2
Have simply never used any booking websites and always dealt direct with hotel via email or its own website for the simple reason its always cheaper for obvious reasons.
I was in Pattaya and fancied a change of accommodation. I found a place that suited me on one of the booking sites and the price was on budget. I then emailed the Canadian owner and asked him about actually pricing as his web site was dearer than the booking agent. He insisted that if I wanted the lowest price that I use Agoda and he was not lowering the price. It was more his attitude rather than the pricing issue but I never did go there.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Rawhide2 said:

When we went to Bali a few years ago I booked a hotel via Booking.com.   We had to stay a few extra days because of the volcano erupting. Went to reception they gave me a price but said cheaper online. I went to the internet room. Got same room 10% cheaper. Back to reception to pay for it.

I think the same thing happens in Thailand. Varies from hotel to hotel.

2 minutes ago, awesum4 said:

When we went to Bali a few years ago I booked a hotel via Booking.com.   We had to stay a few extra days because of the volcano erupting. Went to reception they gave me a price but said cheaper online. I went to the internet room. Got same room 10% cheaper. Back to reception to pay for it.

I think the same thing happens in Thailand. Varies from hotel to hotel.

Sure does. I wanted to extend a hotel stay, and actually stood infront of an embarrassed receptionist (actually a long time friend) booking it online as reception could not match the online price. We still laugh about that.

39 minutes ago, teelack said:

He insisted that if I wanted the lowest price that I use Agoda and he was not lowering the price. It was more his attitude rather than the pricing issue but I never did go there.

I have also heard of hotels refusing to undercut  an agent such as Agoda, a booking I made  March Agoda was better! The reason being the hotel can lose the listing.

Edited by jacko
On 6/23/2019 at 7:49 PM, capdagde said:

Hi Alan, got any rooms in the backside as my former Indian colleagues would say, for reasons of quiet?

Flo and I will pop by for a glass and a look in August - got Heineken 00 - if not could you get half a dozen in?

Cheers, Andy Cirrhosis Cap

Hey...yes i have both..rooms and heineken, can you give me definite dates please.

Alan.

On 6/20/2019 at 11:59 PM, capdagde said:

I didn't know about that.... thanks.

They have boards outside the hotel on both Soi 15 and Soi Diana with this offer. I would think that if you are interested that an email to the hotel reminding them of this deal might pay dividends. I haven't bothered checking the internet rates and they may be different. As a matter of interest these signs and that pricing have been there for possible the last three years and was certainly there two weeks ago. 

On 6/24/2019 at 5:38 PM, jacko said:

I have also heard of hotels refusing to undercut  an agent such as Agoda, a booking I made  March Agoda was better! The reason being the hotel can lose the listing.

While I appreciate the reasoning I was turned off by the guys pissed off response. If he was going to respond like that I wasn't interested in staying there. 

13 hours ago, English Rose on the Poon said:

Hey...yes i have both..rooms and heineken, can you give me definite dates please.

Alan.

Thanks Alan.  We've already booked for 2019 but will come and sink a few and plan for August 2020.  We'll be 3 week visitors until retirement in 2023 then three month visitors mid-June to mid-Sept (tourist visa + extension at Jomtien Immigration - someone will correct me if I'm wrong) for 2023 on.

Cheers - with no alcohol.

Andy "Live Long and Prosper" Cap

Edited by capdagde
1 hour ago, capdagde said:

Thanks Alan.  We've already booked for 2019 but will come and sink a few and plan for August 2020.  We'll be 3 week visitors until retirement in 2023 then three month visitors mid-June to mid-Sept (tourist visa + extension at Jomtien Immigration - someone will correct me if I'm wrong) for 2023 on.

Cheers - with no alcohol.

Andy "Live Long and Prosper" Cap

Well sadly, considering the way things are in Pattaya at the moment, planning that far ahead may be optimistic!

• Like 1