Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

What is your Exchange rate "tipping point"?.

45 minutes ago, Butch said:

Ahhh... now you see the difference between UK and US Colloquialisms.

Scarper, or scarpered is a saying we used back when I was at school to runn away, it might be a bastardisation of scampered, but possibly from the 19th century Italian scappare ‘to escape’, influenced by rhyming slang Scapa Flow ‘go’. (from the web)

I suspect you are correct but scamper may be of similar origin.

• Like 1
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in the middle of a month trip. Fortunately I changed a load of sterling at the start of my trip, at, from memory, 39.8ish.  My first longer trip was at 45 or so. Before that I was a 2 week mi

I first visited Pattaya years ago when the GBP bought us 32 baht. It was a wonderful holiday and the people had a much better attitude and could not do enough to please you. But as you can imagin

We are currently seeing some pretty bad news regarding USD/AUD/CAD and GPB vs the baht. sadly, the signs are that it is still going to get worse, with predictions of 35 / GBP and lower over the coming

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Britboy said:

Great word "scarpered". Haven't used it myself either for yonks . . . 

I haven't looked anything up, but thinking about the words "scarpered" and "scampered" to my mind there's a fundamental difference in meaning.

"Scampered" for me means getting or going somewhere relatively quickly, "scarpered" to me means get the fuck out of dodge pronto cos something not very good is going on".

In plain English what I said to myself before I scarpered was "Fuck you, you piss taking little poncing cunt, you'll get no more drinks out of me nor any tips". By consorting with little trollops like her you're only feeding your ego and being taken for a bigger mug than you actually are!

To myself I said "You stupid old bastard, what are you doing buying drinks for this little bitch for when she obviously could not have any interest in you and you have no sexual interest in her" Stick to your old regular girls that are are still left working in Pattaya.

But you still can't help missing the little hussies when you don't see 'em. That's why we keep coming back regardless of any exchange rate.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

But you still can't help missing the little hussies when you don't see 'em. That's why we keep coming back regardless of any exchange rate.

Your post made me laugh out loud Yogi. So bloody true.

Your last line sums it up perfectly. Great boost to the ego to have a 23 or similar age girl crawling all over you, even if it is fake. Although we know it, I usually play it a bit by saying something like I only take girls who really love me and see what the reaction is. I can have a great laugh with them along these lines. I know it's shit, she knows it's shit, but WTF, we're only here once and if it goes tits up in the bedroom sometimes, so be it. Sometimes it doesn't though and there has to be some self gratification if one can make a 23 year old genuinely cum. It's a challenge and I love challenges.

You've used another great word in that line too. Hussies. Haven't heard or used that word for about the same length of time as scarpered.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

In plain English what I said to myself before I scarpered was "Fuck you, you piss taking little poncing cunt, you'll get no more drinks out of me nor any tips". By consorting with little trollops like her you're only feeding your ego and being taken for a bigger mug than you actually are!

To myself I said "You stupid old bastard, what are you doing buying drinks for this little bitch for when she obviously could not have any interest in you and you have no sexual interest in her" Stick to your old regular girls that are are still left working in Pattaya.

+1 Yogi, big lol with the nostalgia trip of words like "hussies" and "scarpered" lol (joking mate)

Next thing, you'll be on about Dickie Davies, World of Sport and light yellow farahs.

Anyways, have a dose of nostalgia on me.

IMG_20190624_231357 (Medium).jpg

Edited by Butch
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 6/23/2019 at 7:25 AM, Bob Belzy said:

Is that what they mean when they say "it's what your right hand's for"?

I always do a fair bit of walking, even in the current climate. Probably the most was in Bangkok one day with 9 kms showing on the watch after one walk. Still had to give my mate Dick a run later.

Just looked through the log on my fitness app that stores all the info from my Garmin fitness tracker, seems I did 25km one day in February in jomtien I sort of remember it in that I was knackered for two days afterwards,but I lost 6-7kg in seven weeks by walking everyday.

5 hours ago, yselmike said:

Just looked through the log on my fitness app that stores all the info from my Garmin fitness tracker, seems I did 25km one day in February in jomtien I sort of remember it in that I was knackered for two days afterwards,but I lost 6-7kg in seven weeks by walking everyday.

Brisk walking is under rated as exercise and much kinder on the knees than jogging, although I thought at first you were talking about tracking 'what your right hand's for' 555

19 hours ago, Butch said:

Great post and a very interesting analysis of how things are as we head into the depths of low season, along with an up to date scan of LKM. Not looking good, not good at all.

Kudos for using the word "scarpered" havn't heard that for donkeys years lol.

I must admit "scarpered" is a new word to me.  Then again, I have led a sheltered life....

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, BigusDicus said:

I must admit "scarpered" is a new word to me.  Then again, I have led a sheltered life....

Our language is separated by a big pond.

Edited by midlifecrisis
22 hours ago, Butch said:

+1 Yogi, big lol with the nostalgia trip of words like "hussies" and "scarpered" lol (joking mate)

Next thing, you'll be on about Dickie Davies, World of Sport and light yellow farahs.

Anyways, have a dose of nostalgia on me.

IMG_20190624_231357 (Medium).jpg

That made me laugh Butch, brilliant mate.

Not sure about the Sherbert Fountain though. Fifteen years ago when a TG was giving me a happy ending I could hit the headboard if she got the timing right. Nowadays it's a belly button blob . . . ?

• Haha 3
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Gone past it now but will still go to avoid colder winter weather. Avoid Girls completely at these rates simply all fun gone out of it

Similar for me as I now do two 30 day trips during my winter months.  Am currently on the second trip this year.  With the girls, I now indulge every second day instead of daily and normally do repeats so don't get caught with a dud.

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid that the decline of the big spending tourist, as a result of the strengthening baht, will be a shock to the economy of Pattaya larger than we expect and they anticipate.  Once something starts, it's hard to reverse the trend.  People will go elsewhere and find other things to do with their money.

• Like 1
On 8/2/2019 at 2:51 AM, Rawhide2 said:

Gone past it now but will still go to avoid colder winter weather. Avoid Girls completely at these rates simply all fun gone out of it

Pretty well the same as my current outlook - I'm booked for another trip this winter and will give it one more go because I want to see the new decade in there with friends; as for the girls, I don't avoid them but I don't take them as often as I used to and I seldom go to go-go bars...I'm going to stay until my usual 60 day visa expires and then it's off to neighbouring countries for the rest of my trip.

• Upvote 1

I have had, over the last month at least 5 different people ask me about p4p in the Philippines. I also know of 2 that have cancelled future trips to Pattaya purely on the strength of the current situation. Personally, as my tipping point has indeed been breached and exceeded, my May 2020 trip is off the books completely, instead I will be staying in the RP for 2 months and doing another renovation project.

The Sterling hit the lowest I can recall against the php this week, Kabayan remittance were at 60php to the £, it has now increased to 62 which, if nothing else is a blessing but fuckall good if you need to send money.

I've said it before, if you can put up with a crappy infrastructure and more expensive and less value for money hotels (in comparison to LOS), crap food and even more crap methods of public transport, then head to the RP. More bang for your buck, beer and pussy wise at least.

I shan't be coming for P4P in Pattaya until things change significantly, but I will still be catching up with my TGF from time to time as I still enjoy Thailand. Currently looking at options, that may include  the Philippines and other places more easily accessible.

Edited by Bob Belzy
On 8/5/2019 at 12:13 AM, Butch said:

if you can put up with a crappy infrastructure and more expensive and less value for money hotels (in comparison to LOS), crap food and even more crap methods of public transport

It is a lot to put up with and easier for the fit and young. 

On 8/4/2019 at 7:13 PM, Butch said:

I've said it before, if you can put up with a crappy infrastructure and more expensive and less value for money hotels (in comparison to LOS), crap food and even more crap methods of public transport, then head to the RP. More bang for your buck, beer and pussy wise at least.

So - unless you are a VERY active sex tourist your trip to the Philippines could easily be more expensive and less comfortable . Pussy is a big post in my budget but hotels add up too. I do tend to drink a bit too many beers but I can pass on the without feeling much loss ?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Odense said:

So - unless you are a VERY active sex tourist your trip to the Philippines could easily be more expensive and less comfortable . Pussy is a big post in my budget but hotels add up too. I do tend to drink a bit too many beers but I can pass on the without feeling much loss ?

Yeah pretty much, and that's a good point.

There are things to do, but it means travelling a bit. Very often if you are not too much of a butterfly, it's possible to get a decent girl and visit different parts of the RP with her as a guide. The GFE is much better than LOS. For example, my routine (if I were a monger out there) would be pretty similar to Pattaya I imagine, lounge by the pool with a book and a beer in the late morning / early afternoon, then walk around the town for a bit and then have a coffee, then onto a few bars and some dinner, followed by spending the evening wandering from bar to bar, grab a girl ,go back to the hotel and rinse and repeat.

The only difference in Pattaya might be an afternoon stroll along the beach with a friend or maybe a GC in the afternoon, but it all pretty much boils down to a very similar routine.

• Like 1

And I am happy enough not to butterfly (too much) if I find a a woman that I enjoy being with. And don't need too posh a hotel. But I want clean and with aircon. I liked Sabang Beach and I liked Olongapo. Better selction of women in AC but I would still pick Olongapo. I fear all the monger sites in RP has been ruined somewhat by the big influx of Koreans.

And I hate the amount of guns and the really poor people you see in RP. It is hard to find that obvious poverty in LOS.

9 hours ago, Butch said:

The only difference in Pattaya might be an afternoon stroll along the beach with a friend or maybe a GC in the afternoon, but it all pretty much boils down to a very similar routine.

Massage, don't forget the early afternoon massage. 

• Haha 1

The way things are going the USD will be below $30, the AUD under $20 and the EUR under 34.  What is amazing is that you'll still get guys saying "oh, it's not that much of a difference".  In fact, they'll say that even when 1 USD buys 2 baht : "Hey, don't worry, it's two for one".

10 hours ago, elche said:

The way things are going the USD will be below $30, the AUD under $20 and the EUR under 34.  What is amazing is that you'll still get guys saying "oh, it's not that much of a difference".  In fact, they'll say that even when 1 USD buys 2 baht : "Hey, don't worry, it's two for one".

My favourite is 'it will bounce back". It is a long time coming or a bit of a dead cat bounce. Sitting waiting for it to 'bounce back' has likely cost me plenty and I am running on fumes now. And more in line with the topic, can I support myself at the current baht/ £ rate. The current UK State pension is 6000 baht/week. That is not going to pay for a night out!

Bye bye Brit tourists. 

Edited by jacko
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, jacko said:

My favourite is 'it will bounce back". It is a long time coming or a bit of a dead cat bounce. Sitting waiting for it to 'bounce back' has likely cost me plenty and I am running on fumes now. And more in line with the topic, can I support myself at the current baht/ £ rate. The current UK State pension is 6000 baht/week. That is not going to pay for a night out!

Bye bye Brit tourists. 

I think we'll see a dead cat if the Thais cut interest rates again, but the real weakness is the uncertainty in the UK at the moment, not helped by that cunt Mark Carney predicting doom and gloom and reducing confidence even further, the fucking wanker.

I'm hedging 35.8 as the lowest we will see, from there we will hopefully be either mid way to a deal, decided upon our future or BJ going head on with the EU with a Thatcheresque determination which will faze them. I truly think it's a case of "Who blinks first", and BJ has superglued his eyelids open.

However, on the plus side, I can see that if we weather the storm, and we manage to tread water in the current climate, Sterling will be viewed as a safe currency way ahead of the Euro, as Germany creeps further into recession. You heard it here first*

*I accept no responsibility for the last sentence as I have absolutely no idea whatsover of what i'm talking about.

Edited by Butch

For those on a restricted budget and who dont need gogos and expensive bars and barfines there is a solution.  Use thaifriendly to find a girl who lives miles from Pattaya.

I am currently in Buriram meeting a lady I chatted to from home. She knows I am only on holiday, not looking for serious.  She told me she wouldn't sleep with me, she is good lady but I decided to go for the adventure.

Met her last night, she is even better looking in real life than on video.  She brought her sister and her friend for protection. We went out to a restaurant, I knew I was paying so never even discussed it. Ordered 6 dishes plus drinks, all non-alcoholic as they dont drink.  The bill was 460bt.

We then went to the entertainment complex to listen to the bands. Drinks for 4 came to 165bt.  

Tonight we are going to the football with her son. Then he is staying the night with his aunt because she will stay in my hotel with me.   There will be no money exchanged other than me paying for food and football. She has her own business and would consider an offer of money directly to be an insult.

• Like 2