Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Would you fly EVA again?.

Flight payment and ticket
526.22 GBP   Total for all travellers

Payment

526.22 GBP (payment provider confirmation. that is what it cost me on skyscanner just over a week ago but my return is may 2020, just looked now same flight today is at £600

I see someone said about BA yes price is good but its just for the seat not bags then its this

Hand baggage: No fee up to 23 kg
1st checked bag: £75.00 up to 23 kg
2nd checked bag: £75.00 up to 23 kg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When i fly for me its about cost most, i only fly 2 times a year as live here , i go back uk 10 oct for 2 weeks , just booked thai air come back 27 oct cost £526 return 

I flew in on THAI 2 days ago, although I’ve flown into Nagoya since then, and THAI are charging £80 for the bulkhead seat on board the flight! Cash to the chief steward onboard! If you try and move in

I think it was mentioned earlier but Thai Airways now charges for exit row/bulkhead seats. I asked a check in (as I always do) to change to an exit row and she told me they now charge 100$ (I was in H

5 hours ago, hatter said:

Flight payment and ticket
526.22 GBP   Total for all travellers

Payment

526.22 GBP (payment provider confirmation. that is what it cost me on skyscanner just over a week ago but my return is may 2020, just looked now same flight today is at £600

I see someone said about BA yes price is good but its just for the seat not bags then its this

Hand baggage: No fee up to 23 kg
1st checked bag: £75.00 up to 23 kg
2nd checked bag: £75.00 up to 23 kg

Thanks. I check Skyscanner regularly ,do you have any tips on how I go about getting a price like this because I only fly with hand baggage too? You fly back 27 Oct but your ticket is for May next year..are there any charges for the change in date.. ..please can you let me know what company it was booked through ...(PM me if you want) 

18 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

Thanks. I check Skyscanner regularly ,do you have any tips on how I go about getting a price like this because I only fly with hand baggage too? You fly back 27 Oct but your ticket is for May next year..are there any charges for the change in date.. ..please can you let me know what company it was booked through ...(PM me if you want) 

Just keep looking on skyscanner the cost of a flight can change the same day , for some reason i always found tuesday and thursday had best deals

once i was looking at flights i  the morning was over £700 i looked again at 11pm same day it dropped to £556 so like i said just keep looking

34 minutes ago, hatter said:

Just keep looking on skyscanner the cost of a flight can change the same day , for some reason i always found tuesday and thursday had best deals

once i was looking at flights i  the morning was over £700 i looked again at 11pm same day it dropped to £556 so like i said just keep looking

Thanks mate but which company did you book through? I'm guessing trip.com???

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

Thanks mate but which company did you book through? I'm guessing trip.com???

It was with thaiair , if i remember right could of got it £10 less with other but went direct to thaiair

Hi,

Eva have a direct flight, which means a lot to me. I avoid a stop over in ME. I worry about having the wrong prescription drugs on me and being locked up. Also, I've lived in Isreal in the past so am worried I might be detained on a trumped up charge. Paranoia runs deep in the Middle East.:D

11 hours ago, wacmedia said:

Hi,

Eva have a direct flight, which means a lot to me. I avoid a stop over in ME. I worry about having the wrong prescription drugs on me and being locked up. Also, I've lived in Isreal in the past so am worried I might be detained on a trumped up charge. Paranoia runs deep in the Middle East.:D

I was persona non grata in Israel due to a multitude of stamps from numerous Countries (including Yemen) in my passport for a while, it's been a good few years since I visited anywhere in the ME so I reckon I'm safe and no longer a high priority target for MOSSAD.

Oman is very relaxed, I think the problem arises if people transit through Dubai with some of the more powerful opiate based painkillers in their baggage, which, in all honesty if you're taking non prescription painkillers with you on the flight you should ask the airline first and if you have a prescription for what you're carrying you should be fine. Just don't let anyone plant any dope on you, that's all.

I think it was mentioned earlier but Thai Airways now charges for exit row/bulkhead seats. I asked a check in (as I always do) to change to an exit row and she told me they now charge 100$ (I was in Heathrow - our currency is sterling!!) for an exit row. I asked when did it change and she said 1st September. I said I had booked prior to that and wasn't aware and wouldn't pay for a change. She went to chat to her supervisor to see what she could do for me, but was unable to get me a freebie. However she told me that the bulkhead seat in front of mine wasn't booked, so once I was onboard, if no-one was sat there, to just move forward into it - which is precisely what I did. The seat head covers on these seats now say they are 'paid for' seats.

They intend to screw you for more money every which way they can nowadays.

KM

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, keyman said:

And of course, when you use your favourite scraper to search for the cheapest flight, what comes out tops is the one that charges more for a meal and baggage and puts you in a seat middle of the row of 5. Interesting that they charge so much $200 round trip, or £160 on top of the flight cost. That is certainly enough to swing a decision between carriers. What else is chargeable? Could be bad when you turn up at the airport, kids and bags in tow, to find out there are extras, extras that are usually extortionate if bought at the last minute. 

I think these exit seats should be reserved for disabled or needy people, not including fatties.

1 hour ago, jacko said:

I think these exit seats should be reserved for disabled or needy people, not including fatties.

I understand the idea but Airlines want disabled and aged out of the way of exit seats so as not to block it on an emergency. Personally I agree with you...Chuck 'em down first..Able bodied passengers would surely help them on the ground if not just to drag them off the chute - or chuck the fatties down next to clear the way... !

I have stopped asking for Exit seats not because I am a short ass but in the past they have limited my wine service in those seats .....

2 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

I understand the idea but Airlines want disabled and aged out of the way of exit seats so as not to block it on an emergency. Personally I agree with you...Chuck 'em down first..Able bodied passengers would surely help them on the ground if not just to drag them off the chute - or chuck the fatties down next to clear the way... !

I have stopped asking for Exit seats not because I am a short ass but in the past they have limited my wine service in those seats .....

It's because they have nowhere to hang your intravenous wine drip! ?

I believe the idea is that they don't have children or the infirm in those seats so that an able bodied person can help the cabin crew to open the door should they be required. They've probably decided that on balance it's worth charging as the likelihood of that assistance being required is slight and even so, you won't be in a fit state to claim back the extra charge should your assistance really be required.

4 hours ago, keyman said:

I think it was mentioned earlier but Thai Airways now charges for exit row/bulkhead seats. I asked a check in (as I always do) to change to an exit row and she told me they now charge 100$ (I was in Heathrow - our currency is sterling!!) for an exit row. I asked when did it change and she said 1st September. I said I had booked prior to that and wasn't aware and wouldn't pay for a change. She went to chat to her supervisor to see what she could do for me, but was unable to get me a freebie. However she told me that the bulkhead seat in front of mine wasn't booked, so once I was onboard, if no-one was sat there, to just move forward into it - which is precisely what I did. The seat head covers on these seats now say they are 'paid for' seats.

KM

$100 each way ,so $200 at current rates is £160 that's too much on top of an econ fare, as Jacko said that would tempt me to switch carriers. I'd be tempted to stump up another couple of hundred quid or so and go PE on another carrier if that was the case.

39 minutes ago, Butch said:

$100 each way ,so $200 at current rates is £160 that's too much on top of an econ fare, as Jacko said that would tempt me to switch carriers. I'd be tempted to stump up another couple of hundred quid or so and go PE on another carrier if that was the case.

Yup...And here we go full circle to EVA PE...I love it for the price..Eco looks good too.....but for me it is the arrival times...

It was either one of your posts or Jacko's posts that got me thinking about airside hotels at LHR..But after checking up on it they only have Daytime pods.....Imagine getting poured off EVA, stocking up on duty free wine and staying overnight in a Pod airside scoffing Vindaloo!!!

They might have to treat the area as a nuclear disaster zone the following morning but I'd be well on my way home.......near Porton Down funnily enough!!!

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, keyman said:

KM

I flew in on THAI 2 days ago, although I’ve flown into Nagoya since then, and THAI are charging £80 for the bulkhead seat on board the flight! Cash to the chief steward onboard! If you try and move into these seats, they will remove you from them if you won’t pay!! As I observed on Monday’s flight out of LHR.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

Yup...And here we go full circle to EVA PE...I love it for the price..Eco looks good too.....but for me it is the arrival times...

It was either one of your posts or Jacko's posts that got me thinking about airside hotels at LHR..But after checking up on it they only have Daytime pods.....Imagine getting poured off EVA, stocking up on duty free wine and staying overnight in a Pod airside scoffing Vindaloo!!!

They might have to treat the area as a nuclear disaster zone the following morning but I'd be well on my way home.......near Porton Down funnily enough!!!

yep, we've arrived at our original destination LOL.

Hopefully EVA will get its act together this and next year. 2019 was a shower of shit for them and also BA, so really as Firth says, Thai seem to be the best option, even if they do charge. My only gripe being that with the Thais, they usually wait until you're in their country before taking cash from you - seems someone started early.

You could always use Airbnb, so land in the evening ,stop off overnight for a few quid and then move on the next day, showered, refreshed and not too hung over. We managed to book the Travelodge on the Heston Services M4 for £42 3 persons one night on a late deal. The problem is it's taxi to / from the airport then another taxi to the bus station. Tough call to make to be honest.

21 minutes ago, Butch said:

yep, we've arrived at our original destination LOL.

Hopefully EVA will get its act together this and next year. 2019 was a shower of shit for them and also BA, so really as Firth says, Thai seem to be the best option, even if they do charge. My only gripe being that with the Thais, they usually wait until you're in their country before taking cash from you - seems someone started early.

You could always use Airbnb, so land in the evening ,stop off overnight for a few quid and then move on the next day, showered, refreshed and not too hung over. We managed to book the Travelodge on the Heston Services M4 for £42 3 persons one night on a late deal. The problem is it's taxi to / from the airport then another taxi to the bus station. Tough call to make to be honest.

Yeh..Yotel in arrivals was something I looked at too but the idea of being airside. popping out of my pod in my jymjams (not popping out of my jymjams) walking around buying bottles of wine and handfulls of food somehow appealed to me....In fact doing it "Willy out" sounds quite appealing too...!!

I have so many shocking memories of driving hire cars drunk down the M3 and through the New Forest at Midnight ...Shameful....Quite honestly. National Express stopped in Ringwood , 20 mins from my house FFS but oh no Mr Swanky Bastard had to turn up in a posh car didn't he - wanker !!

• Like 1