Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Thai Air is pissing me off!

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

According to Seatguru, only the A330-300 has 3-4-3 seating (link).

Apologies. 

For some strange reason I thought the discussion was about EVA! 

Edited by Bazle
Stupidity!
4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

According to Seatguru, only the A330-300 has 3-4-3 seating (link).

Thai's A330's are 2-4-2....

Thai have gone against the norm and stuck with 3-3-3 with their 777's and should be applauded for it....

It also looks as though they have finally been given the go ahead to order some new aircraft, so they could be getting rid of their 747-400 and 777-200 and 777-300 which are getting on a bit.

11 hours ago, keyman said:

Why? 

You should back up your statement and not leave us hanging.

Done

a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
Heading had Thaiways and content of post was about pricing and booking and then posts related to airlines, booking and price continued.

Until it was hi jacked by 2 people including one who is a moderator with unnecessary comments  Yeah posts counts up quality content now nearly in the negatives.
3 hours ago, Bazle said:

Apologies. 

For some strange reason I thought the discussion was about EVA! 

Eva the sheep No! Even though it was started by a kiwi I don't think you should bring Eva into it.

"I realise that other airlines also charge for this but add to that the dynamic and ever changing fare structure and I will be happy to use alternative flights where I never seen to pay over NZ$1000 even if there is a small stopover"

Feel free to add your comments related to airlines.

3 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Thai's A330's are 2-4-2....

Thai have gone against the norm and stuck with 3-3-3 with their 777's and should be applauded for it....

It also looks as though they have finally been given the go ahead to order some new aircraft, so they could be getting rid of their 747-400 and 777-200 and 777-300 which are getting on a bit.

Yeah, my bad. I focused on looking at the center aisle configuration and didn't notice the side aisles were only 2 seats across.

5 hours ago, aussiechic said:

Done

a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
Heading had Thaiways and content of post was about pricing and booking and then posts related to airlines, booking and price continued.

Until it was hi jacked by 2 people including one who is a moderator with unnecessary comments  Yeah posts counts up quality content now nearly in the negatives.

Bollocks. It started with you posting something off topic, leading to the question being asked why - simple enough and could have finished there. You then went on the defensive and accused someone of not contributing (even though they already had) and accusing them of being a troll. If you post like that, then you can expect to be called out for it. Don't try and use 'smoke and mirrors' to detract from yourself, blaming other members for the standard of the board. - 'quality content now nearly in the negatives' - what's all that about?

As soon as you bring into the conversation that a comment was made by a moderator, means you are making it personal. Moderators are, like you, just members, who are entitled to make comments, just like you are.

React to a post, not the member.

5 hours ago, keyman said:

Bollocks. It started with you posting something off topic, leading to the question being asked why - simple enough and could have finished there. You then went on the defensive and accused someone of not contributing (even though they already had) and accusing them of being a troll. If you post like that, then you can expect to be called out for it. Don't try and use 'smoke and mirrors' to detract from yourself, blaming other members for the standard of the board. - 'quality content now nearly in the negatives' - what's all that about?

As soon as you bring into the conversation that a comment was made by a moderator, means you are making it personal. Moderators are, like you, just members, who are entitled to make comments, just like you are.

React to a post, not the member.

I'd give you a shovel but your doing fine on your own.

24 minutes ago, aussiechic said:

I'd give you a shovel but your doing fine on your own.

If you wish to continue this discussion, take it to PM. Any further threadfucking will be removed.

KM

According to Stickman, Thai are reverting back to the 30kg luggage allowance for new Economy Class bookings. I think it was April when TG decided to reduce the allowance to 20Kg.

If you booked between April and August 10th you are still only allowed 20Kg.

• Thanks 1

Just a heads up on @Brown1950 he's one of the most knowledgeable airline posters around and has been on all forums for a long time. Calling him a troll was pretty off to say the least. He may recall and its going back I'd say 16/17 years ish that he bought 20,000 miles off me for Skywards Emirates for £100  !!  Time marches on lol...those days of transferring airmiles seem to be long gone

I see on Thaivisa there is a thread today over Thai air continuing massive losses due to turn down in visitors. Wont put the link as not sure of forum policy but its going great guns not surprisingly

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Rawhide2 said:

Just a heads up on @Brown1950 he's one of the most knowledgeable airline posters around and has been on all forums for a long time. Calling him a troll was pretty off to say the least. He may recall and its going back I'd say 16/17 years ish that he bought 20,000 miles off me for Skywards Emirates for £100  !!  Time marches on lol...those days of transferring airmiles seem to be long gone

I see on Thaivisa there is a thread today over Thai air continuing massive losses due to turn down in visitors. Wont put the link as not sure of forum policy but its going great guns not surprisingly

Brown150 does know his onions, I remember him selling me 20k Skywards miles for £250 many years ago ?...I think he's in the industry isn't he?.

Yep I saw that Thai are facing massive losses, possibly the largest yet, and it is due to a decline in tourist numbers, and the report says its ageing fleet, I think they've just spunked a load of cash on some new tackle.

I have just run a check on prices for anyone thnking of going in October, Emirates are £455, Qatar £535 Etihad £545 Thai £565. Still competitive.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Butch said:

I have just run a check on prices for anyone thnking of going in October, Emirates are £455, Qatar £535 Etihad £545 Thai £565. Still competitive.

Interesting. That makes me wonder  wrt the health of Emirates. All that investment on capacity and numbers dropping. 

13 hours ago, Butch said:

Brown150 does know his onions, I remember him selling me 20k Skywards miles for £250 many years ago ?...I think he's in the industry isn't he?.

Yes he is I believe. If you ever want to know what new routes are opening or aircraft switches follow what he says......let me know the exact details of the £250 Slywards purchase.....am organising the Mossad as we speak  ??

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...