Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Winners  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Man City start another Premier League season as hot favourites and it is hard to see them being beaten with question marks against their traditional rivals.

Liverpool are the most settled of their rivals with Klopp in charge and their victory in the Champions League. However, their forwards have been busy in the Summer and they may struggle to play to the same level this season.

Spurs failed to turn up in the CL final and would have been lucky winners after 13 defeats during the PL  season. Pochettino seems unsettled and I feel they may not have as good a season as their fans are hoping.

Man Utd and Chelsea have managers who lack experience at this level. Chelsea have a ban on players as well.  Ole seems to have the more difficult task as Man Utd are a massive institution and there will be people at Old Trafford behind every door with a knife in hand. Lampard may be given more time and has a lot of young players who will be hungry to make their name and be a success. I like both as individuals and I hope they can make a success of their roles.

Arsenal have signed Pepe for a record fee and there is nothing wrong with the Gunners as an attacking force. However, I was hoping for a few defensive signings, as Arsenal are poor in that department. Hoping for the best.

Wolves did as well as I expected last season and should have another solid year.

Everton will another team to look out for with Silva still in charge.

The most interesting of the rest is Leicester City who seem an ambitious club and have Brendan Rogers in charge.

West Ham seem destined to beat some of the top 6 when in the mood.

Newcastle have lost Rafa and have a Toon Army fan, Steve Bruce, as manager. Plenty of drama there again this season.

I can't remember the last time teams like Arsenal and Man Utd were such big prices for the PL. It will be interesting to see how they get on.

I hope ye all enjoy the season and your teams play some entertaining football.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, Its behind the sofa time when Arsenal are defending these days. At least they showed some bottle to come back in the second half. Man Utd faced a difficult game at Southampton who were unlucky no

Hi, Gone through all the weekend games and nothing interests me betting wise. Strange round of games. Horses for me this weekend with a big meeting at Newbury.

Hi, Southampton beat Villa and are almost safe. Chelsea victims of another bad VAR call but prove too good for Spurs. Good weekend for wac, Arsenal win, Spurs lose, and the Gypsy King beats Wilde

Hi,

Midlifecrisis posted on this thread last year. His contribution will be missed this year. Most of the regular posters on this thread, like Cheshire Tom and Nidnoyham have left the building. Man City start as they left off with a great performance against West Ham. Liverpool are too good for Norwich. Man Utd won v Chelsea but it wasn't really a 4-0 game. Arsenals starting line up looked weak but some of their new signings came on and they beat Newcastle.

17 hours ago, maik said:

It looks like we all vote for Man C - I hope we are wrong it would be nice to see a new champion.  

Hi,

Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd all look short of what is required. Maybe some other team can do a Leicester City ?

18 hours ago, maik said:

It looks like we all vote for Man C - I hope we are wrong it would be nice to see a new champion.  

That was me and only for a laugh. I have a horrible feeling the bookies have got it right, 8/15 before a ball was kicked.?

Edited by tallguy
BTW. I love fucking up polls like this with the least obvious answer.?

Hi,

City are robbed, but put on a great show. Franks first game at home fails to impress.Liverpool are lucky to beat a misfiring Southampton. Arsenal win first 2 games for first time in 10 years. Norwich and Sheffield Utd both win. Can they keep it up ? Pukki scores a hat trick. He will be a legend of the PL if he can keep it up.

20 hours ago, wacmedia said:

Hi,

Wolves are proving to be a bogey team for Man Utd. I thought Pogba took a good penalty, great save from the keeper.

I just saw it again and didn't think so. Blasted it straight at the keeper. 

4 hours ago, jacko said:

I just saw it again and didn't think so. Blasted it straight at the keeper. 

Hi,

Hit it firmly to the keepers right. I dont mind if a player hits it hard. I hate when they barely hit the ball and try to send the keeper the wrong way.

16 hours ago, wacmedia said:

Hi,

Liverpool v Arsenal is the game of the round. Liverpool look below par so far which gives the gooners hope. 

No hope.....

I see MU penalty woes again, not good for that level!

On 8/25/2019 at 1:31 AM, jacko said:

No hope.....

I see MU penalty woes again, not good for that level!

Hi,

Newcastle are the team of the weekend with a great away victory at Spurs. Rashford hit the penalty well, just unlucky. Ole has got his first requests to resign from the faithful on the fans phone ins.:D

Hi,

Rumours of the departure of Pochettino in the North London air. Some bookies have stopped taking bets so maybe there is some truth to the rumour. Spurs travel the short journey to face Arsenal.

7 hours ago, wacmedia said:

Hi,

Rumours of the departure of Pochettino in the North London air. Some bookies have stopped taking bets so maybe there is some truth to the rumour. Spurs travel the short journey to face Arsenal.

Mauricio Pochettino dismisses rumours of him leaving Tottenham as 'stupid.

BBC

Hi, Its behind the sofa time when Arsenal are defending these days. At least they showed some bottle to come back in the second half. Man Utd faced a difficult game at Southampton who were unlucky not to draw with Liverpool in their previous home game. Leicester seem to be fulfilling the pundits expectations of challenging for a top 6 place.Everton have a good win against a Wolves team who have had plenty of travelling to do in qualifying for the Europa League.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Man Utd v Leicester is the game of the round. Maddison has had a great start to the season so must be pissed off he had no game time in Englands 2 games. I hope he has a great game for Leicester. Ole needs a win or there will be more knives out in the corridors of Old Trafford than the mean streets of London. Leicester were unlucky not to win at Chelsea so I might have a bet on them on the AH.

Hi,

Norwich are the team of the round with a great win against the champions. City have no Kompany this year and Laporte is injured. Will the scousers win the PL at last ?

Hi,

Leicester City make wacs weekend. Chelsea put up a decent show against Liverpool. Gooners are given some hope with a battling win over Villa with 10 men for most the game. City hammer Watfod, again.

On 10/5/2019 at 2:34 PM, maik said:

Brighton – Tottenham: 3-0  

A very bad week for Tottenham ? ?

Hi,

Yeah, something is wrong at Spurs. He wanted to start with a mainly new team for this season but they still have players there that Poch wanted out. I was surprised that Brighton were 3/1 to win this game. Newcastle were a big price to beat Man Utd as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Ole will be missing 2 of his best players, De Gea and Pogba when Liverpool make the short journey to Manchester. It will be a job saver for Ole if he wins. If he loses...?