Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

manchester ...Bangkok flights

1 hour ago, tombon said:

Eva dont fly from manchester nor is there any feeder flight to LHR for eva.

Yes am well aware Eva dont fly from Manchester lol. Doesnt mean the other chap couldnt take any standard flight from Manchester to London.....most be scores of them daily

I suggested Elite because its premium economy and the guy was 19 stone

40 minutes ago, Rawhide2 said:

Yes am well aware Eva dont fly from Manchester lol. Doesnt mean the other chap couldnt take any standard flight from Manchester to London.....most be scores of them daily

I suggested Elite because its premium economy and the guy was 19 stone

The only flights are from BA. It just wouldn't be worth it or pay the BA premium to get to LHR. You could get the train i suppose. But that isn't straight forward, well not for someone who lives in the north west. There are to many variables to consider just to fly from LHR.

An alternative is possibly to use AF and KLM premium economy. But am not sure what seat and space you get with them.

Edited by tombon
6 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Well book an early shuttle on BA.... they can hardly get you to their own flights!

Edited by jacko
6 hours ago, tombon said:

The only flights are from BA.

How about Flymaybe? (Flybe). I used to use them a lot to IOM and found them actually OK. 

Oops,  you are right,  just checked... all their flights are via IOM (or Newquay). What happened to the alternatives down to London, there used to be some! Also extra cost is silly if looking for a cheap flight. 

Edited by jacko
13 hours ago, jacko said:

How about Flymaybe? (Flybe). I used to use them a lot to IOM and found them actually OK. 

Oops,  you are right,  just checked... all their flights are via IOM (or Newquay). What happened to the alternatives down to London, there used to be some! Also extra cost is silly if looking for a cheap flight. 

Just wouldn't be worth it. Unless you book BA return  from MAN via LHR. But who wants to do that.

On 8/16/2019 at 11:25 PM, JaimetheLimey said:

If you have plenty of time have a look at flights from Amsterdam they are usually much cheaper but you have to add on Man Ams return.

19 hours ago, tombon said:

An alternative is possibly to use AF and KLM premium economy. But am not sure what seat and space you get with them.

I had problems flying via Amsterdam but my flights were into Southampton not Manchester and it was several years ago.  This is only a friendly warning to check in advance.

1. I flew with my Thai wife into Amsterdam with the bags checked all the way through to Souhampton but when we landed we had to go from international through passport control to regional.....but my wife didn't have a Shengen visa!! Oh shit!! After loads of fucking about (including the threat to just turn us around) An immigration officer took us through and walked us to the Departure gate to Southampton..

2. The leg to Southampton was with KLM UK on the return trip the bloody plane broke down and we missed our connection so we went to the KLM desk to get the next available flight..."Not our responsibility sir..It is the responsibility of the inward flight provider and KLM UK is not KLM" ..WTF!!! Anyway after lots of begging they sorted us our onward flight (as I am sure she was just making a point..)

As I say this was yonks ago and this is just a friendly warning to check details in advance ... Things most likely have changed for the better ...(or not)..

• 3 weeks later...