Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Car Rental Insurance Help/Advice needed

On my next trip I'm considering renting a car to take a little trip, from Pattaya to about two/three hours north of Bangkok(no driving in Bangkok city). I'm concerned about having the proper insurance coverage should anything happen. Anything from a scratch on the paint to, God forbid, something major where someone gets injured. I'd want 100% coverage where I wouldn't have to worry about a thing. 

Anyone have any suggestions they can make from personal experiences about insurance, good or bad, while RENTING a car in Thailand? I know an IDP is recommended(no problem). I'm only concerned about insurance coverage. Never having had an accident, or filing an insurance claim, here in the U.S. I'm a little naive on what to look for and what to watch out for.

BM 'Pool Hustler', in this forum (Transport in Thailand) and operating under DK Car and Bike Rental, or something like that, seems to have a pretty good name, and he offers full rental insurance. I have never used him, or his cars, but worth asking.  I have only rented from Hertz Hire in Thailand, as I've got Gold Card membership and the rates suit me, as well as their international reputation. 

You do right to be wary. Quite a few Thais renting cars only have regular insurance, and in the event of an accident I would be worried whether it would apply. 

I too suggest you talk to Pool Hustler.