Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

New Divorced Guy Saying Hi

You may have chosen the best possible medicine.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, jacko said:

You may have chosen the best possible medicine.....

Im sure hoping so. Some friends of mine have been and ive had mixed reports but im sure non of them where there for the p4p stuff. Reading on various sites tho and i cant see how a single horny guy could have a bad time in the LOS.

25 minutes ago, newtimes said:

Im sure hoping so. Some friends of mine have been and ive had mixed reports but im sure non of them where there for the p4p stuff. Reading on various sites tho and i cant see how a single horny guy could have a bad time in the LOS.

Might I suggest you take a look at this post from Admin.

Welcome.....

17 minutes ago, newtimes said:

i just read it have i done something wrong??? apologies if i have

No you have not... I have just been very busy and not activated your account yet. I am doing so now... will be done by the time you read this ?

16 minutes ago, frostfire said:

No you have not... I have just been very busy and not activated your account yet. I am doing so now... will be done by the time you read this ?

lol.....my bad thought i had broke the rules allready

18 minutes ago, newtimes said:

i just read it have i done something wrong??? apologies if i have

Your upgraded. No more moderation ?

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing you on some of our barcrawls in Jan.

16 minutes ago, frostfire said:

Your upgraded. No more moderation ?

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing you on some of our barcrawls in Jan.

many thanks.....and im sure i will be on a few of those bar crawls

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, newtimes said:

I hadn't realized you had already applied so it is me who needs to say excuse me. 

I am sure you will be well prepared (and full of anticipation- one way of putting it), by the time you land over here. 

Edited by jacko
17 hours ago, newtimes said:

Welcome aboard Newtimes.  Your life is about to change.  For the better.  I cannot think of a better medicine than Pattaya for a newly single man.  Pattaya Talk is the best place to meet people who can guide you through your first experience or two.  Feel free to reach out to any of us.

Edited by BigusDicus
3 hours ago, newtimes said:

Welcome!

Where in Blighty are you from? Where will you stay whilst here..??

Be aware that when you are "Reading on various sites" .. Some are there to promote and sell their own "product" and aren't necessarily giving neutral advice ....

Another warm welcome to Pattayatalk. Any questions just ask away , even if you think they might be a bit daft or asked before, someone will link to the relevant thread or post a reply.

Stuff like barfines and S/T L/T prices are not always static and change from venue to venue, so it might be best to ask specifically and then take a median figure if you have any questions on that subject, but there are always guys in town who will do their best to give you an answer.

You seem to have a good handle on the glossary of terms, so anything you are not sure of, just ask.

We're a friendly bunch, the Mods are great and the atmosphere relaxed. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Cheers

Butch

Edited by Butch
  • Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

Welcome!

Where in Blighty are you from? Where will you stay whilst here..??

Be aware that when you are "Reading on various sites" .. Some are there to promote and sell their own "product" and aren't necessarily giving neutral advice ....

Im from down the south mate in kent. TBH not really decided on  accomodation yet, was hinking of booking it in the next couple of weeks. Im open to suggestions.

17 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Welcome to Pattayatalk......  And enjoy your first trip, but be careful as Pattaya can become addictive.... my first trip was 14 years ago and I can't stop coming back!!!!

Ive heard this before, a guy i know has been going for over 20 years and i never really understood why you would keep going to the same place all the time, until recently that is.

28 minutes ago, newtimes said:

Im from down the south mate in kent. TBH not really decided on  accomodation yet, was hinking of booking it in the next couple of weeks. Im open to suggestions.

There's something for every budget, it's really down to whereabouts you want to stay and your preferred type of accommodation. Over the last few years I've been staying at the LK Royal Wing just off Soi Bukhao. 1600 baht a night for a superior room which are very spacious indeed (king size bed, in room safe, keycard entry, balcony, kitchenette, fridge ), rooftop pool and a 10 baht bus ride away from LK Metro / Honey / Chaiyapoon. You can also cut through Soi New Plaza to Sois 7 and 8 and Central Festival within a 5 or so  min walk.

Money changers nearby, very quiet, cheap places to eat and drink just down the road (New Plaza and places like Marquee bar along with the R Con bars etc.)

Otherwise you can get a decent guest house room on Chaiyapoon for about 700 / 800 or so baht a night instead.

2 hours ago, newtimes said:

Ive heard this before, a guy i know has been going for over 20 years and i never really understood why you would keep going to the same place all the time, until recently that is.

Over the years I've made a lot of good mates in Pattaya and Mrs Fiend lets me out to play and have a few days drinking with me mates.....

2 hours ago, Butch said:

There's something for every budget, it's really down to whereabouts you want to stay and your preferred type of accommodation. Over the last few years I've been staying at the LK Royal Wing just off Soi Bukhao. 1600 baht a night for a superior room which are very spacious indeed (king size bed, in room safe, keycard entry, balcony, kitchenette, fridge ), rooftop pool and a 10 baht bus ride away from LK Metro / Honey / Chaiyapoon. You can also cut through Soi New Plaza to Sois 7 and 8 and Central Festival within a 5 or so  min walk.

Money changers nearby, very quiet, cheap places to eat and drink just down the road (New Plaza and places like Marquee bar along with the R Con bars etc.)

Otherwise you can get a decent guest house room on Chaiyapoon for about 700 / 800 or so baht a night instead.

thats great thanks for the info.....u seem like a real pro at this stuff

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

Over the years I've made a lot of good mates in Pattaya and Mrs Fiend lets me out to play and have a few days drinking with me mates.....

Sounds excellent, you have the best of both worlds u lucky guy.

• 4 months later...

Don't write off having another relationship mate, there are some great women out there.

In the meantime, bang loads of women you don't care about and have a shit load of fun. For at least a couple of years. You deserve it.

Divorced since 2007 and I try to put the best light on it but it took a toll. It is not what I wanted but eventually had to give in.

A failed rebound relationship with a pinay had me swear off permanent relationships.

I miss being married to tell the truth. I still think the world of my ex-wife. Living with someone with PTSD isn't easy and she gave me 30 years of her life, two great kids, a chance to be a homeowner, figured out before I did my civilian career path and all of that has allowed me to retire, if not in luxury, at least with a home and enough assets that I can take care of myself as I age.

I am all for relationships and I hope everyone finds a great partner in life. If one can't, Pattaya is still great for guys on vacation.

Best of luck newtimes! As Stephen Stills sang, "And if you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with."