Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

B6199109-2E58-4A2C-AB95-0668701DA102_1_201_a.jpegI can add a few pictures of the area, taken a few months ago, including a few pictures from a little hamburger stand down that way called "Just Burgers," I think, and another from the Cafe Le Mar and from another place called the Beachspot, or something like that.B6199109-2E58-4A2C-AB95-0668701DA102_1_201_a.jpeg.

Edited by js007

Dragonflies...it is the season for them. Get them over my pool and many now, sometimes 2 stuck together in sexual multi-winged Chinook impersonation dipping its tail . 

Edited by jacko
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I ride a bike from the bottom of the hill from Pratumnak to the beach and out to Na Jomtien where the road such as it is, ends. You can get around to Sukhumvit or 2nd Road with some zigs and zags from the end. There are two seafood restaurants at the end that are popular, not for me because I don't like seafood but maybe a good choice for foodies.

Baht buses beyond Chaiyapruek are few and far between but I see a handful. Very nice for riding, almost no traffic. The beach out that far is mostly rocks and boulders.

There are a lot of sois and alleys and a couple roads between Beach and 2nd Roads that are interesting to explore. At the Sukhumvit end of 2nd Road there's a field where it's common to see cows and sometimes goats.

You can get back to Pattaya from the other side of 2nd road via Chaiyapruek or Bun Kanchana towards Theprassit. More cows, few vehicles, but way less hectic than the major routes.

4 hours ago, Grandpollo said:

I ride a bike from the bottom of the hill from Pratumnak to the beach and out to Na Jomtien where the road such as it is, ends. You can get around to Sukhumvit or 2nd Road with some zigs and zags from the end. There are two seafood restaurants at the end that are popular, not for me because I don't like seafood but maybe a good choice for foodies.

Baht buses beyond Chaiyapruek are few and far between but I see a handful. Very nice for riding, almost no traffic. The beach out that far is mostly rocks and boulders.

There are a lot of sois and alleys and a couple roads between Beach and 2nd Roads that are interesting to explore. At the Sukhumvit end of 2nd Road there's a field where it's common to see cows and sometimes goats.

You can get back to Pattaya from the other side of 2nd road via Chaiyapruek or Bun Kanchana towards Theprassit. More cows, few vehicles, but way less hectic than the major routes.

...and can also stop at Blush (formerly Rioja) G-Club along the way - I used to walk through there quite a lot when I was staying in Jomtien...

If you go further down the coast (away from Pattaya) after a couple of kms there is a stream that is a base for a few small fishing boats and a restaurant that specializes in local seafood. It didnt have any farang customers when I went there. 

18 hours ago, maipenrai said:

...and can also stop at Blush (formerly Rioja) G-Club along the way - I used to walk through there quite a lot when I was staying in Jomtien...

I asked them several times to improve their signs on telephone poles from the Bun Kanchana alleys, but they never did and when I encountered 4 mangy angry street dogs on the street one before theirs I swore off ever going there. 

Also if you're out on bike or scooter there are less frightening routes (than Sukhumvit) back to Pattaya via the Pattaya bypass that goes by the little railroad station. Though you have to cross Sukhumvit once which is its own adventure.

Edited by Grandpollo

I live in jomtien and only go to the beach at night time with my better half she only likes to go at night time and sit and watch the sea thai woman are very strange lol

9 hours ago, hatter said:

I live in jomtien and only go to the beach at night time with my better half she only likes to go at night time and sit and watch the sea thai woman are very strange lol

Hi,

I like it at sunset.

On 11/1/2019 at 5:20 AM, jacko said:

Dragonflies...it is the season for them. Get them over my pool and many now, sometimes 2 stuck together in sexual multi-winged Chinook impersonation dipping their tail.

It is some years ago but I recall I could not get into the Residence Garden, or had to move out for 3-4 days because he was fully booked. He offered me The Boathouse, his property in Jomtien and I took him up on it. I was bored witless there and getting back and forth was a complete drag. How is it in Jomtiem now, I see a lot of flights straight into U-Tapao from Russian Cities I have never heard of. 

Edited by jacko

I used to think that the one hour baht bus ride between Naklua and Jomtien Beach was a major attraction for the Russians.

Edited by nkped
  • Confused 1

I believe that Jomtien gets a lot of business, at least on weekends, from Bangkok Thais.

Went to one of the open air sea food restaurants.  Food was good, the parking lot was large and full.

12 hours ago, nkped said:

I believe that Jomtien gets a lot of business, at least on weekends, from Bangkok Thais.

Went to one of the open air sea food restaurants.  Food was good, the parking lot was large and full.

Yes, many Thai families will travel from BKK to Jomtien just for a day trip - they'll hang out on the beach and eat and drink and yak and sometimes even go in the water...

4 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Yes, many Thai families will travel from BKK to Jomtien just for a day trip - they'll hang out on the beach and eat and drink and yak and sometimes even go in the water...

They come from somewhere.  During the day these restaurants look deserted.  At night, they're packed.  What surprised me is that some of the restaurants will actually deliver meals to people sitting on the beach, across the street.  They must do that all the time.  

Dont go to Ko Larn anymore preferring to send out of town visitors without me . But remember some good times buying raw seafood, duck at the stand and they would bring a small grill  and a large bottles of Singh to our chair at the beach   JS, what part of Jomtien? I may give it a try.

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2019 at 8:07 AM, sailingbill said:

Thanks Baz,  timely post for me as i am considering moving from Wongamat to Pratumnak or Ban Suan.in Jomtien

I have had my condo in Ban Suan Lalana for many years now. I still highly recommend the complex. Electric is billed directly from the power company and maintenance is still ten baht per square meter per month. The free cable TV is quite good. Security is great and the grounds are well kept. The maintenance team is great and they are on the ball. They normally take care of any niggling problems that you may have the same day. For major things like replacing floor tiles, they work with outside contractors that you can trust. 

Added - If you are lazy like I am, for 300 baht they will send the cleaning ladies to your unit to clean the place, wash the windows and mop the floors. There are many units available for rent, it is a big complex. You can try the place out to make sure you like it before you buy. Regular units are 40 square meters and corner units are 60 square meters. I have a corner unit. No 26 square meter shoe boxes there.

Edited by Gary

Thanks again Gary, we have talked before and i can cut my rent in half from Northpoint.  Dont  go to the beach anyway. Also have a bike to get to Villa Market. Cleaning girls here 500 baht but very good , even change my bed.  Most important to me as you say is a well maintained complex especially the pool. 

2 hours ago, sailingbill said:

Thanks again Gary, we have talked before and i can cut my rent in half from Northpoint.  Dont  go to the beach anyway. Also have a bike to get to Villa Market. Cleaning girls here 500 baht but very good , even change my bed.  Most important to me as you say is a well maintained complex especially the pool. 

When I lived in Jomtiem, I too, did not go to the beach, but I enjoyed every morning the walk up an d down the beach on the nice sidewalks. 

Mango, yes many nice 1 hour walks along the beach to Central Festival. Grab some corn fed US sandwich steak that you cant even get in the US since that grass fed crap is the rage back there . Always enjoy a walk and a swim. If it looks like i have to joust with the Soi Dogs on the way to the beach at Jomtien will just take the bike down.