Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thai Airways MAN -BKK looking likely!!!

Apparently Thai have proposed starting MAN flights from July 2020 using the A350-900. Apparently they have applied for a daily slot but looking to start with 4 flights per week.

Apparently Thai have proposed starting MAN flights from July 2020 using the A350-900. Apparently they have applied for a daily slot but looking to start with 4 flights per week.
Any links to this information?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, urmy48 said:

Any links to this information?

A post on airliners.net Manchester Airport thread.

Okay, are you sitting comfortably? The start of S20 report is now available. Please remember that all applications and other information is subject to change and therefore must be taken with a pinch of salt at this stage.

Passengers - +12.1%
Movements - +9.2%

Adria Arways - Cancelled
Air Arabia Maroc - Cancelled
Air Malta - Increase from 1 to 2 per week
Air Baltic - New 4 times weekly service to Riga with A220-300
Alitalia - Once again have applied for slots to Milan Linate on a daily basis with an A320
American Airlines - Philadelphia stays at daily. B767-300 for the summer, replaces B787-8 between January-March
Austrian - Changes from EM190 to A319 on daily Vienna
Biman Bangladesh - New service, as previously announced 3 times per week from 5th January and increasing to 4 per week for S20
Cathay - Daily A350-1000 for the summer
Corendon Airlines - Daily Antalya service plus 9 per week to Bodrum. Both with B737-800
Delta - return between 22nd May-8th September to Boston with B757-200
easyJet - reported to be increasing by 4 aircraft from 17 to 21, but more likely to be 19 due to terminal capacity
Fly Ernest - Cancelled
Flybe - New daily Stuttgart and an unknown domestic destination. The previously announced reduction in services results in a 3% loss of capacity
FlyEgypt - 4 times weekly B737-800 charter service to Hurghada
Freebird - proposed A320 service 8 times per week to Antalya and Dalaman
Iberia Express - Increase from 4 to 5 per week
Icelandair- Up from 7 to 8 per week with an extra evening flight on Sunday
Indigo - Although no wide-bodied aircraft they have applied for daily services to both Mumbai and Delhi
Jet2 - Based aircraft increase from 19 to 24. Also a B737-800 changes to B757 and a B757 to A300-200
Juneyao - As already announced today a new service to Shanghai with a B787-9 3 times per week via Helsinki
Loganair - Norwich returns from 2 to 3 per day plus extra Stornaway
LOT Polish Airlines - Planned 2 x daily to Warsaw with EMB190
Lufthansa - Planned increase on Munich from 3 to 4 per day
Norwegian - Continues twice weekly to Bergen from W19
Pakistan International - New service to Sialkot once per week with B777-300. Islamabad increases to daily and Lahore stays at twice weekly - all B777-300
Qatar Airways - B777-300 on both morning and lunchtime service with B787-8 in the evening
Ryanair - 1 extra based aircraft plus additional non-based flights. Approximately 23% passenger increase against S19
Scandinavian Airlines - Stavanger continues from W19. Stockholm increases from 2 to 3 daily and Bergen increases from 2 to 3 per week
Smartlynx - Propose to base 2 A321 aircraft for 28 weekly charters
TAP - Increase Lisbon from 13 to 14 per week
Thai International - Proposed Bangkok service from July with A350-900. Slots held for daily service but likely to be 4 per week
Transavia France - Possible twice weekly Orly flight with B737-800
TUI - Increase based aircraft from 14 to 19
Turkish - Change of aircraft type.A330-300 on 7 flights per day with the rest on A321
Virgin Atlantic- Based aircraft up from 6 to 7. Some additional slots held to unspecified destinations

I hope it's TRUE. But i won't believe it until I see it. As last year there was a direct quote from Thai airways that they would start flights to Manchester, Hamburg and Madrid this year. None of which materialized.

17 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Interesting. I wonder if they are pursuing transit passengers going elsewhere or aimed at Thai tourists. Also whether they will keep the 2 flights ex LHR. It is just I would expect European traffic to Thailand to decline now, have they come to the table late?

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, jacko said:

Interesting. I wonder if they are pursuing transit passengers going elsewhere or aimed at Thai tourists. Also whether they will keep the 2 flights ex LHR. It is just I would expect European traffic to Thailand to decline now, have they come to the table late?

I agree, might be trying to snare some transit pax. I think there's only one MAN-HKG direct operated by Cathay, no direct to Singapore and nothing to BKK as yet. Makes some kind of sense from that perspective at least.

2 hours ago, Butch said:

I agree, might be trying to snare some transit pax. I think there's only one MAN-HKG direct operated by Cathay, no direct to Singapore and nothing to BKK as yet. Makes some kind of sense from that perspective at least.

SQ have a direct SIN flight 5 days/week.

Edited by jacko
I hope it's TRUE. But i won't believe it until I see it. As last year there was a direct quote from Thai airways that they would start flights to Manchester, Hamburg and Madrid this year. None of which materialized.
It says in the link "Take it with a pinch of salt" can't see it myself

6 hours ago, marleyboy said:

it would be great for people living "oop North"...but I though Thai was losing millions?

They are but make no mistake that flight would be extremely popular

Edited by Rawhide2
On 11/28/2019 at 7:59 AM, Butch said:

I have just been through Manchester airport and heard an announcement for a flight to Dubai and Emirates have very competitive prices just have to find one that has suitable departure and arrival times for both legs but for me 17-8 hours max duration may be a struggle,not forgetting what you may have to spend on food and drink at Dubai airport.

On 11/28/2019 at 8:20 AM, jacko said:

SQ have a direct SIN flight 5 days/week.

I'll get my coat lol.:)

Missed that one during my 5 min of extensive and detailed research (google flights). I still think you're on the button with transit pax though, according to wiki MAN was the 3rd busiest in the UK in 2017, that equates to a lot of pax heading to Asia and beyond.

5 hours ago, Butch said:

Missed that one during my 5 min of extensive and detailed research (google flights). I still think you're on the button with transit pax though, according to wiki MAN was the 3rd busiest in the UK in 2017, that equates to a lot of pax heading to Asia and beyond.

The security is a scrum including the fast track but for a fiver it's just about worth it, don't be late and find out what terminal and what floor you need to be on etc.

It has a train station,Birmingham has a train station also

Edited by yselmike
Train info
22 hours ago, Butch said:

Well a while back SQ went via Delhi, so it was well and truly scrubbed off my list! Now they use an Airbus  A350-900 and go direct 5 days, so should be OK. I never considered them for another reason....expensive. They now offer a Biz Light (lower mileage, non-refundable, changes cost you) and from this end, in Thai baht, looked reasonable.... I have paid more baht. In sterling, they don't look cheap!

18 hours ago, yselmike said:

It has a train station,Birmingham has a train station also

Yes it does, but the bastards at Manchester won't let you get dropped off in a car for free, anywhere near now!

10 hours ago, tombon said:

Am surprised both thai and eva do not have a feeder flight into LHR from MAN. 

When BMI was part of the Star Alliance that was what it effectively was for Thai Airways. You could get both on the one ticket.

When BA bought BMI it lost Star Alliance membership and the route went to ratshit for Northern UK people

14 hours ago, tombon said:

Am surprised both thai and eva do not have a feeder flight into LHR from MAN. 

Landing slots are in short supply at LHR. There used to be more choice for 'the shuttle', I think British Midland were once in contention. BA seem to keep it tied up, probably to force people onto their LHR flights too. I noticed Singapore offer a Flybe to CDG for the days they do not operate MAN. If I recall they do offer to London City too. 

16 hours ago, jacko said:

Yes it does, but the bastards at Manchester won't let you get dropped off in a car for free, anywhere near now!

Really ??  (I dont doubt you)

Even T4 at Heathrow has free drop off location clearly marked used it earlier this year

3 hours ago, jacko said:

Landing slots are in short supply at LHR.

They simply dont exist. Oman hold the record when the last pair of slots went for $75 million think it was 2016 from Kenya airways

When Jet collapsed it made a problem for Etihad who had leased them slots. Etihad took them back but a lot of flights were ghost flights to keep their ownership intact as obviously very lucrative should they be resold subsequently. Am not sure if Etihad are now operating them normally again they may well be

Edited by Rawhide2
10 hours ago, jacko said:

Landing slots are in short supply at LHR. There used to be more choice for 'the shuttle', I think British Midland were once in contention. BA seem to keep it tied up, probably to force people onto their LHR flights too. I noticed Singapore offer a Flybe to CDG for the days they do not operate MAN. If I recall they do offer to London City too. 

I have seen some connection flights to Brussels, Vienna, Copenhagen and one more European airport from MAN that forward you onto a thai flight.

The flights seem to be a more expensive and the return flights leave BKK after midnight and land after 10am. So not the best of times.

8 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Even T4 at Heathrow has free drop off location clearly marked used it earlier this year

They introduced charges recently same as liverpool,you get 5 to 10 minutes for £3 then £10 then £20 if you stay  up to 30 minutes or something like that,I know that because my niece picked me up once from Liverpool she arrived early cost me £20.

I now fly into Manchester from Amsterdam and can get a direct train to Flint and that's five miles from my sister's place.

If anybody is interested you can book train tickets online via an app called the Trainline, set up an account and the earlier you book the cheaper the ticket is.

It's paperless travel now my flight and train ticket are on my phone and the fast track is downloaded to Google drive.

11 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Stansted charges for drop off as well, the tossers.

I'm also surprised there aren't direct services to MAN from BKK, or indeed the other major airports apart from LHR. BKK is a global route, and the ideal stop off for onward flights to increasingly popular Vietnam, Philippines and elsewhere.

Fingers crossed it comes off, I've heard they'll be using a 737- MAX though ??

3 hours ago, yselmike said:

They introduced charges recently same as liverpool,you get 5 to 10 minutes for £3 then £10 then £20 if you stay  up to 30 minutes or something like that,I know that because my niece picked me up once from Liverpool she arrived early cost me £20.

I now fly into Manchester from Amsterdam and can get a direct train to Flint and that's five miles from my sister's place.

If anybody is interested you can book train tickets online via an app called the Trainline, set up an account and the earlier you book the cheaper the ticket is.

It's paperless travel now my flight and train ticket are on my phone and the fast track is downloaded to Google drive.

Manchester airport drop off charges are as follows £3 for 5 mins £4 for ten mins and £25 if you go over ten mins   pick up in short stay £4.50 for 30 mins  £6.50 one hour  trust me im a taxi driver ...5555

• Like 1

There is a free drop off and pick up point at MAN that involves a 10 minute bus journey to the terminals.

I am thinking of booking a train myself but the cost of a taxi to and from the train station plus the added journey time isn't worth the £20 saving.