Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Thai Airways MAN -BKK looking likely!!!

7 hours ago, tombon said:

There is a free drop off and pick up point at MAN that involves a 10 minute bus journey to the terminals.

I am thinking of booking a train myself but the cost of a taxi to and from the train station plus the added journey time isn't worth the £20 saving.

there is a free drop off point but no free pickup at Manchester airport  picking up in a drop off area is subject to a £100 penalty as for the free drop off thats where we are allowed to park up the bus service is dire and run very infrequently and who want to stand there in the rain /cold just to save£3 

10 hours ago, martini9946 said:

Manchester airport drop off charges are as follows £3 for 5 mins £4 for ten mins and £25 if you go over ten mins   pick up in short stay £4.50 for 30 mins  £6.50 one hour  trust me im a taxi driver ...5555

So that gets added to a taxi fare, £3? I used to get the Emirate's Limo service so has it hit them? Last time I flew from Manchester I booked a hotel to have a lazy morning and proper breakfast and the day before the train dropped me and I am dragging my suitcase miles round security fences as I was unsure where to get the shuttle bus. The car rental is miles away now. and even the train station, in reality, is a moderate haul to the terminals, especially T3. .  Bangkok seems a much easier airport! 

Long haul is getting tough as I age. 

Edited by jacko

When you compare this set up to LHR, it seems that LHR big wigs are missing a trick here. Free drop off / pick up points (albeit for a few mins and it is heavily patrolled) the car parks run at £4.20 for half an hour, and £7.50 for an hour. not cheap but cheaper than £25 for over 10 mins :yikes:

Sign of the times maybe over visitor numbers overall but last 5-6 return tickets on Oman have been heaving. Choco block .....yesterday Bangkok Muscat was around 75% full only and Muscat London only 85% at best. Both sectors had the most stunning cabin crew, they weren't Thais or Filipino but absolutely gorgeous and very polite with it.

Very surprised indeed after I have moaned consistently about the hounds on that routing previously

4 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

Sign of the times maybe over visitor numbers overall but last 5-6 return tickets on Oman have been heaving. Choco block .....yesterday Bangkok Muscat was around 75% full only and Muscat London only 85% at best. Both sectors had the most stunning cabin crew, they weren't Thais or Filipino but absolutely gorgeous and very polite with it.

Very surprised indeed after I have moaned consistently about the hounds on that routing previously

They might well be Omani girls or perhaps Emiratis. Some of them carry an outrageous beauty about them, especially if they herald from Muscat area. There are also one or maybe two Indian tribes which have been given Omani status and carry the benefits of being an Omani, such as those from areas of Baluchistan in Pakistan, but I'm not sure on how it works. I have seen Baluchi girls in Oman before and they can take your breath away with how they look.

Next time you go Rawhide, just ask them mate.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Butch said:

They might well be Omani girls or perhaps Emiratis. Some of them carry an outrageous beauty about them, especially if they herald from Muscat area. There are also one or maybe two Indian tribes which have been given Omani status and carry the benefits of being an Omani, such as those from areas of Baluchistan in Pakistan, but I'm not sure on how it works. I have seen Baluchi girls in Oman before and they can take your breath away with how they look.

Next time you go Rawhide, just ask them mate. They were ALL beautiful but two were utterly startling

Yes I should have done but normally they have flag badges with their names on it but yesterday just had their names. They were all lovely but 2 were utterly startling in looks

On 12/1/2019 at 12:41 PM, tombon said:

There is a free drop off and pick up point at MAN that involves a 10 minute bus journey to the terminals.

I am thinking of booking a train myself but the cost of a taxi to and from the train station plus the added journey time isn't worth the £20 saving.

I am a Manchester Airport based Private hire driver and There is NO free pick up point anywhere at Manchester Airport you have to use the pay short stay car parks at each terminal  also the  free drop off area bus runs very infrequent and you have to wait in the open in all weathers   .... 

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, urmy48 said:

No mention of a Thai Air service
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/trips-and-breaks/new-destinations-you-can-fly-17449347

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Oh great,  ones for consideration! Sylhet, Bangladesh and Dhaka, Bangladesh on Biman!

Sadly lacking on long haul there, Jet 2 are certainly rolling them out. 

Edited by jacko