Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

I was looking at accommodation in the LK area for next August and one place really stood out

Maggie May's guest house........a mere 4,000bt a night.  

There are only 4 pics all of the bar, none of the rooms. For that price they would have to throw in the girl in the first photo at ni extra cost.

32 minutes ago, yorta2 said:

More than I would pay, but that's me....

Location, location and location...:rolleyes:

Just had a look on booking.com at various dates and all come in at 2000 baht per night. FFS you can get decent hotels for around 1/2 the price let alone a small guesthouse at the wrong end of Soi Pothole.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, RhinoTusk said:

That must be a typo.  I know they used to have the lowest prices in town for a pint of Guinness :gulp

I looked at it twice before I started the thread.

The 4 000 is the price on the front page, that's for a room that sleeps 4. But none are available. But you can get a room that sleeps 2 for 2,000.  For a guesthouse without even a swimming pool.

I wonder if anyone actual rents at this price. I wouldn't. 

How many Maggie Mays are there? I had.look on Google and there seems to be at least 2 of them - one in Jomtien and one (says it is a Gentlemen's Club and Bar), and the other an average 'hotel'. There may be more. Of the 2 I looked at, neither was on Soi Chaiyaphun.

2 hours ago, yorta2 said:

How many Maggie Mays are there? I had.look on Google and there seems to be at least 2 of them - one in Jomtien and one (says it is a Gentlemen's Club and Bar), and the other an average 'hotel'. There may be more. Of the 2 I looked at, neither was on Soi Chaiyaphun.

Well there certainly is one there, on the left with your back to 3rd and close to that end. And my attention was drawn to it as I rode past on Sunday, as I saw the phrase Gentleman's Club has been added to it. When did that happen?

1 hour ago, jacko said:

Well there certainly is one there, on the left with your back to 3rd and close to that end. And my attention was drawn to it as I rode past on Sunday, as I saw the phrase Gentleman's Club has been added to it. When did that happen?

It has been a GC for just over a year. I went in a couple of times just after that. There wasn't much happening and the line-up was unimpressive. Haven't seen any reason to go back since.

1 hour ago, tallguy said:

It has been a GC for just over a year. I went in a couple of times just after that. There wasn't much happening and the line-up was unimpressive. Haven't seen any reason to go back since.

I just knew you could inform me on this!:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, RhinoTusk said:

Has there ever been a ‘Gentlemen’s Club’ in Thailand with an impressive lineup?  I avoid places that have this designation.

Well judging by the company you and your camera keep I expect high standards!

For the rest of us, there are Pattaya GCs and MPs. :D

• Haha 2

Best accommodation ive stayed at in lk area is crystal suits above crystal agogo. 

Looking at about 1000 per night for the front facing balcony rooms. Second floor is best as the sign blocks most of the baclony on 1 floor. Its a bit noisy for a few hours at night but i love the place.

IMG_20181122_165244_419.jpg

IMG_20181122_165244_418.jpg

IMG-20181122-WA0006.jpeg

• Upvote 1

My last 3 trips I've stayed at Zen Rooms  LK Metro - The rooms above Destiny GGB.... On my most recent trip I paid 725 Baht per night for a room with balcony overlooking the Soi.

I visited the GC several times in August. The guesthouse/bar is a seperate establishment next door if my memory hasn't let me down.

MrEgg,  that's what surprised me about the price,  it's not a flash place to stay.

• 11 months later...
On 12/15/2019 at 11:58 PM, awesum4 said:

I looked at it twice before I started the thread.

The 4 000 is the price on the front page, that's for a room that sleeps 4. But none are available. But you can get a room that sleeps 2 for 2,000.  For a guesthouse without even a swimming pool.

I wonder if anyone actual rents at this price. I wouldn't. 

...when the company pays, I ll always go for the largest room for my per diem...and many times the higher price rooms were already booked, so there are plenty of people out there willing to pay.  I’m glad that majority of the availability in town is in the 1k-2k range as that is my preferred budget when paying out of pocket. 

On 12/17/2019 at 7:50 AM, la8rat said:

Best accommodation ive stayed at in lk area is crystal suits above crystal agogo. 

Looking at about 1000 per night for the front facing balcony rooms. Second floor is best as the sign blocks most of the baclony on 1 floor. Its a bit noisy for a few hours at night but i love the place.

IMG_20181122_165244_419.jpg

IMG_20181122_165244_418.jpg

IMG-20181122-WA0006.jpeg

btw, how were you able to book?  I sent them emails inquiring about booking and never once did they reply back.