Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I see people have upvoted or something posts hey like.  I do not seem to have that ability.  I tried Chrome and Safari.  Thanks for any tips.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Shooter said:

I see people have upvoted or something posts hey like.  I do not seem to have that ability.  I tried Chrome and Safari.  Thanks for any tips.

mouse over the heart right over there ----------------------------------->>>

Thanks for the quick reply.  Problem is - I have no heart.  LOL.  No seriously there isn't anything there.  I see stuff after others have liked or whatever but in your reply to me now there is a blank area.  No heart.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
On 12/30/2019 at 5:16 AM, Shooter said:

Thanks for the quick reply.  Problem is - I have no heart.  LOL.  No seriously there isn't anything there.  I see stuff after others have liked or whatever but in your reply to me now there is a blank area.  No heart.

An occasional girlfriend I just dumped said that....

3 hours ago, BigusDicus said:

An occasional girlfriend I just dumped said that....

I would click like to this - or LOL.  But nothing there.  ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Shooter said:

I would click like to this - or LOL.  But nothing there.  ?

I was hoping Admin would be able to help... I suspected it was something to do with the group you are in, which currently shows up as 'Upgrade' . Nothing I can do I am afraid. Are you perhaps running an Adblocker?

I don't think I run any special adblocker.  I don't see many ads here but maybe it's in some setting on my end.  There are the ads at the top of the page I can see.  Don't know.  haven't had this issue elsewhere so who knows?  Is Upgrade a unique group?  I was always told I was special.  Even going to school I got to ride in a shorter bus.  ?

• Haha 1

I don't think I run any special adblocker.  I don't see many ads here but maybe it's in some setting on my end.  There are the ads at the top of the page I can see.  Don't know.  haven't had this issue elsewhere so who knows?  Is Upgrade a unique group?  I was always told I was special.  Even going to school I got to ride in a shorter bus.  ?

Upgrade was a temporary holding area for newer members and if I remember rightly one was automatically moved into it awaiting promotion from Admin. That is why I suspected it may have a few lesser privileges. I hope @frostfire will have an opportunity to take a look. 

Well... it turns out your jest was on point. 

You have... erm.. had... no heart. And by heart I mean group. Fixing it now. Should be fixed by the time you read this... assuming the 3 or 4 tons of new years celebration juice still running thru my system doesn't throw an extra ass in where the heart should be. :D

• Like 1

I HAVE A HEART.

(insert video of Steve Martin in the Jerk jumping up and down when the new phone book arrives).  ?

4 hours ago, Shooter said:

I HAVE A HEART.

(insert video of Steve Martin in the Jerk jumping up and down when the new phone book arrives).  ?

Glad thats fixed... now I just have to fix the underlying problem. That upgrade group is people that are supposed to be moving from Member to Participant. But for some reason their permissions are not the same as Member. Ill see if I can fix that today at least. 

2 hours ago, frostfire said:

Glad thats fixed... now I just have to fix the underlying problem. That upgrade group is people that are supposed to be moving from Member to Participant. But for some reason their permissions are not the same as Member. Ill see if I can fix that today at least. 

Busy NYD morning for ya!

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, cunneyes said:

I have no heart to send likes
Please help ?

56 minutes ago, Broughton said:

Same same 

Strange, as I have just liked both posts!

I suspect it is because you are both in the 'upgrade' group...... @frostfire needs to perform that function. 

@frostfire and @jacko I believe the limitations on the Upgrade group go back more than a decade to the days when some individuals, a few  previously banned, would join Pattaya Talk for the sole purpose of voting up a certain member's posts at the maximum number of votes allowed per day.  They would also vote down the posts of members they didn't like, especially the opponents of one hungry little fellow.

Martin wanted to limit the ability of new members to give reputation votes until they proved they weren't just trolls trying to manipulate the reputation system.  The main reason, though, for the Upgrade group was to block commercial spammers who would start dozens of threads if allowed to post immediately after joining.

Evil

• Upvote 1