Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

After a welcome respite over the New Year it looks like the roadworks have returned with a vengance.

Coming into town from Jomtien there was no entrance on to Pratumnak from Thappraya road, looked like they were putting in new drains there so that could take a while.

Near the underpasd a large section of road on the Pattaya bound lane of Third Road was also blocked off but that looked like it could be just resurfacing. (I could be wrong though.)

Edited by tallguy
Added detail re 3rd Road section of roadworks.

Bloody right they have... got stuck trying to get through the 3rd/ Klang junction the other day, what a mess. Last night, in an effort to avoid that area, came down North Rd and got stuck on Beach Rd north of Hard Rock, the drainage project has advanced to that area now. It's all a royal pain in the ass and there seems to be no way around it!

This is what the intersection of Pattaya Klang and 3rd Road looked like late afternoon a few days ago:

IMG_0369.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

And the same intersection today at about 6.00 p.m.

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Tuesday afternoon:

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

And Friday:

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

Looking down Klang towards Beach Road:

IMG_0439.jpg

At about 4.30 p.m., parts of Beach Road were gridlocked.  I got off the baht bus at the intersection of Klang and Beach Road because trafic was at a standstill.  By the time I had walked to Central Festival, traffic still hadn't moved.

Evil

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the update EP, I got stuck on the 3rd/Klang mess this week, I think it was Tuesday afternoon.... I also got delayed on Beach Rd in-front of Hardrock Wednesday PM due to the drainage project creeping North. I was actually trying to avoid the 3rd/Klang junction. I was doing the avoidance again yesterday going via Arunothai and Bongkhot, but sadly hitting a bit more mess when I got to 3rd. I appreciate the feedback on that junction. I wish there was a map of where all the shit is! But it seems to move around at pace.

Heard that come May/June, cable burying and drainage work will take over Walking St, I can only imagine......

5 hours ago, jacko said:

I wish there was a map of where all the shit is! But it seems to move around at pace.

While Google Maps doesn't show areas under construction, it does a pretty good job of showing where traffic is moving slow.

image.png

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

While Google Maps doesn't show areas under construction, it does a pretty good job of showing where traffic is moving slow.

Haha, the whole area should be red.

On 1/18/2020 at 9:36 AM, midlifecrisis said:

PP Body Massage. An Oasis in the center of all that chaos!

Definately need to visit once in November.

I would not bother, better alternatives.