Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Anyone know this guy? Terrible for good Farang.

Too many of this types around, I don't really care what his excuse is. Living in Thailand .... no I take that back... living makes me wary of putting my phone down and leaving it. Sadly it becomes automatic sometimes and I was in Bali at a hotel at breakfast and a local woman came over to chat, real friendly, who knew the couple I was with, automatically I picked my phone up and put it in my pocket. This offended her....people who know Bali and their Hotel staff will understand, they are often exemplary. 

And yesterday, in a Thai hotel coffee shop, I watched an elderly falang man, sneakily collecting up little bags of sugar off a few different tables and slipping them into his bag, I felt both sorry for him and angry at him. Angry because I don't want to be grouped into this type of behaviour. 

Edited by jacko
4 hours ago, Butch said:

for those of us without FB, can someone please post the story?.

Try this link to Thai Visa Butch.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1143914-video-farang’s-aren’t-all-good-elderly-foreigner-caught-brazenly-stealing-mobile-phone-in-pattaya/#comments

On 1/18/2020 at 4:08 AM, jacko said:

Too many of this types around, I don't really care what his excuse is. Living in Thailand .... no I take that back... living makes me wary of putting my phone down and leaving it. Sadly it becomes automatic sometimes and I was in Bali at a hotel at breakfast and a local woman came over to chat, real friendly, who knew the couple I was with, automatically I picked my phone up and put it in my pocket. This offended her....people who know Bali and their Hotel staff will understand, they are often exemplary. 

And yesterday, in a Thai hotel coffee shop, I watched an elderly falang man, sneakily collecting up little bags of sugar off a few different tables and slipping them into his bag, I felt both sorry for him and angry at him. Angry because I don't want to be grouped into this type of behaviour. 

Blimey, try living in London. I've got a smart phone but I don't even leave home with it. I've got a 12 year old Nokia C2 that I put the Sim card in when I go out. I don't even leave that on the table if I'm in a pub and go up to the bar or out to the khazi. 

It's now quite common for rascals to ride along on mopeds in busy thoroughfares and snatch them out of your hand, they'll even ride up on the pavement. And they're the number two target of choice for muggers after cash, handbags and wallets.

But I do sometimes help myself to HP sauce or ketchup in my local Wetherspoons.