Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Etihad Airways reducing flights to Thailand.

Seems Etihad airways are reducing the number of flights to both Bangkok and Phuket from Abu Dhabi.

Bangkok is going to 2 daily from 3 daily and phuket is going from 1 daily to 4 weekly.

Abu Dhabi – Bangkok 03MAY20 – 24JUN20 Reduce from 3 to 2 daily, EY406/405 cancelled (Except 31MAY20 – 06JUN20, EY402/401).

Abu Dhabi – Phuket 05MAY20 – 25JUN20 Reduce from 7 weekly to 4 weekly (Day x246; Except variations for the week of 31MAY20).

I have flown with etihad to Thailand on a number of occasions. The first time being 2008 and the last 2018. In my opinion they were great to begin with but over time they have reduced there level of service onboard.

Pherphas its maintenance season for there aircraft or low bookings to thailand in general that as caused the reduction in flights.

10 hours ago, Brown1950 said:

Usual low season reductions in capacity.

Could be. But in the past they had 4 daily flights to BKK and reduced it to 3. They scrapped the mid morning flight.

Middle eastern travelers to thailand is down almost 5% in 2019 to thailand.  European travellers is up 0.6% but russian and eastern European countries account for the increase in that. UK travellers were up surprisingly.

3 hours ago, tombon said:

Could be. But in the past they had 4 daily flights to BKK and reduced it to 3. They scrapped the mid morning flight.

Middle eastern travelers to thailand is down almost 5% in 2019 to thailand.  European travellers is up 0.6% but russian and eastern European countries account for the increase in that. UK travellers were up surprisingly.

Hi,

There may be a decline because of the virus spreading, in small numbers, to Thailand. The virus has potential to cause a serious recession worldwide if it is not contained.

1 hour ago, wacmedia said:

Hi,

There may be a decline because of the virus spreading, in small numbers, to Thailand. The virus has potential to cause a serious recession worldwide if it is not contained.

Yep and let's not forget there is a lot more chinese travelling abroad these days compared to when SARS broke out.

On 1/29/2020 at 12:39 PM, tombon said:

Yep and let's not forget there is a lot more chinese travelling abroad these days compared to when SARS broke out.

Hi,

I remember most the Chinese had masks on when I was passing through  Don Mueang at the time. Neither I, or other falang had any. 

Etihad Airways in the second half of February 2020 plans operational aircraft change for Abu Dhabi – Bangkok service, as the airline schedules Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner aircraft on EY402/407, instead of 787-9. From Abu Dhabi, the 787-10 is scheduled from 16FEB20 to 29FEB20.

The airline operates 3 daily flights on this route.

EY402 AUH2145 – 0645+1BKK 781 D
EY407 BKK0155 – 0555AUH 781 D

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

Just wondering but would a better title for the topic be "Every airline reducing flights to Thailand".? Seems to me that you would be hard put to find a company that isnt cutting back almost every international service to anywhere. 

17 hours ago, teelack said:

Just wondering but would a better title for the topic be "Every airline reducing flights to Thailand".? Seems to me that you would be hard put to find a company that isnt cutting back almost every international service to anywhere. 

The topic started before the mass worldwide outbreak of covid-19. The point of the topic was to highlight a airline that cut flights to Thailand due to less demand on that route.

A new topic should be started in reference to airlines cancelling flights to thailand due to covid-19.