Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Nirun condo for sale.  4th Floor. Pattaya

On 4/1/2020 at 6:48 PM, tombon said:

I am also sure anyone that is planning on buying property will do there due diligence on the place and find out the price of units that are currently on the market.

Why would you expect that at all . we after all looking at some blokes who Marry bar girls 30 and 40 years younger than they and even with the number of horror stories that abound on this forum, it still happens . there are, from personal knowledge, far more unsuccessful marriages than successful and some loved up Farang with a young bird whispering in his ear will buy her almost anything , except most of the younger and more marketable girls would not want to live there. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A cheap place to stay occasionally for those normally out of town, who like a night out and unable to drive home.

3 hours ago, jacko said:

A cheap place to stay occasionally for those normally out of town, who like a night out and unable to drive home.

But they would need transport to get to Nirun. Not a place to walk to after dark.

3 hours ago, Bazle said:

But they would need transport to get to Nirun. Not a place to walk to after dark.

I've lived in the area of Nirun for over 10 years. Never once felt the least bit threatened walking from and back to my home at any hour of the night.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
16 hours ago, Bazle said:

I never felt scared or worried walking back to Nirun in my 8+ years of living there.  Getting transport to get back to Nirun is almost never a problem as there are thousands of taxis always waiting to serve you almost anywhere in Pattaya. 

I have lived near Soi Arunothai for 15+ years.  We walk there a lot and have never had any personal safety issues.  We often eat at Nirun restaurants. The only real danger is that it is a narrow, two way road with very poorly surfaced edges. Easy to trip or get collected by traffic.Just get a motor bike taxi home at night

On 6/30/2020 at 4:40 AM, jacko said:

On 6/30/2020 at 7:08 AM, Bazle said:

Totally agree with both these two posts from Jacko and Bazle...

I'd like to ask all the posters below how many times they walked at night from the Arunothai/Sukhumvit junction (that starts at the 7/11 and food place) to Nirun??

I don't like walking it during the day, sod doing it at night!!. Probably one on the worst roads in Pattaya for aggressive soi dogs ....during the day!!!. Of course it has improved since they cleared out one wooded area but prior to that ( during which you lived there) that road ..during the day ...not only had aggressive soi dogs but snakes and rats ..I guess I have seen an average of 2 live snakes a month there ( maybe the same one twice of course) but many more flattened on the road.

If you are saying walk in the safe area you will be safe but if you walk in a scary area you will be scared then I totally agree with you. Walking passed the school up soi 9 to New Plaza is a breeze!!

On 6/30/2020 at 9:59 AM, forcebwithu said:

I've lived in the area of Nirun for over 10 years. Never once felt the least bit threatened walking from and back to my home at any hour of the night.

11 hours ago, how24111 said:

I never felt scared or worried walking back to Nirun in my 8+ years of living there.  Getting transport to get back to Nirun is almost never a problem as there are thousands of taxis always waiting to serve you almost anywhere in Pattaya. 

46 minutes ago, biggles said:

I have lived near Soi Arunothai for 15+ years.  We walk there a lot and have never had any personal safety issues.  We often eat at Nirun restaurants. The only real danger is that it is a narrow, two way road with very poorly surfaced edges. Easy to trip or get collected by traffic.Just get a motor bike taxi home at night

57 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Totally agree with both these two posts from Jacko and Bazle...

I'd like to ask all the posters below how many times they walked at night from the Arunothai/Sukhumvit junction (that starts at the 7/11 and food place) to Nirun??

I don't like walking it during the day, sod doing it at night!!. Probably one on the worst roads in Pattaya for aggressive soi dogs ....during the day!!!. Of course it has improved since they cleared out one wooded area but prior to that ( during which you lived there) that road ..during the day ...not only had aggressive soi dogs but snakes and rats ..I guess I have seen an average of 2 live snakes a month there ( maybe the same one twice of course) but many more flattened on the road.

If you are saying walk in the safe area you will be safe but if you walk in a scary area you will be scared then I totally agree with you. Walking passed the school up soi 9 to New Plaza is a breeze!!

Not sure what you mean by the Arunothai/Sukhumvit junction as Arunothai doesn't intersect with Sukhumvit.

As for dogs, there are a few along the stretch of buildings opposite the GC's along "Soi Love Inn". They do act aggressive, but nothing more than barking in my experience. I'm not the best one to offer an opinion on the dogs though as I don't fear them. In fact I'll often times stop, and if they care to approach, I'll wait and let them have a sniff. 

38 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Not sure what you mean by the Arunothai/Sukhumvit junction as Arunothai doesn't intersect with Sukhumvit.

OK, I zoomed in on the map and and you are technically correct - but not by much. The junction with Suk is Pattaya soi 46 which goes straight and Arunothai starts after a few metres.

1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

OK, I zoomed in on the map and and you are technically correct - but not by much. The junction with Suk is Pattaya soi 46 which goes straight and Arunothai starts after a few metres.

I thought that might be the intersection you were referring to, but the mention of the 7/11 on the corner threw me as it's a Family Mart. And that section of Arunothai has a couple of packs of dogs hanging around.

As an aside, those staying in the Nirun area wouldn't have occasion to walk that section to central Pattaya unless they wanted to take the long way to where they're going.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I thought that might be the intersection you were referring to, but the mention of the 7/11 on the corner threw me as it's a Family Mart. And that section of Arunothai has a couple of packs of dogs hanging around.

As an aside, those staying in the Nirun area wouldn't have occasion to walk that section to central Pattaya unless they wanted to take the long way to where they're going.

Exactly. which fits in with my final comment in the initial post.

On 6/30/2020 at 7:08 AM, Bazle said:

Never had a problem to get to get a M/C Taxi homeward and it is not far. During the Covid lockdown it was dark and dodgy everywhere.

Edited by jacko

Why on earth would anyone want to walk from Nirun to Sukhumvit? You would just get a MC taxi, there us a rank right outside! 

Or you could just walk up Soi 9 or 11 to Suk, done that many times for exercise when I lived there

5 hours ago, biggles said:

Why on earth would anyone want to walk from Nirun to Sukhumvit? You would just get a MC taxi, there us a rank right outside! 

Or you could just walk up Soi 9 or 11 to Suk, done that many times for exercise when I lived there

Oh...so you are questioning another person's lifestyle...Shouldn't you be on ThaiVisa??

Being that buying or rent a motorbike costs very little and motorbike taxis cost even Less,  walking is certainly a personal choice but I would never consider it a problem.  Not like in New York city where a taxi will cost you a small fortune. 

• 3 months later...