Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Hungry Hippo.....

This has become a fairly well known eatery in the Bua Khao area catering to the demographic... , part of the cheap and cheerful group with silly names, along perhaps with Cheap Charlies and The Chunky Monkey (my barfine)...... 

It is one I have tried a number of times and been quite content by the important factors, food, price and service. I am particularly keen that one can have a beer with dinner (tea to real men from up North) at a reasonable price.. Many Bangkok coffee shops charge more than Baccarat for one!

So the place may deserve comment... one comment, I see it is up for sale (bahtsold I believe). Owner wanting to head home for health reasons is openly cited, rent 80,000 p.c.m, established, key money paid (how often is that expected?).

I hope it survives in it's present format. 

Edited by jacko

I am quite happy to eat in these lower end farang restaurants. Good value for a decent meal. One thing that I have noticed and would comment on as follows. There seems to be a real under class of farangs in Pattaya. They can been seen crowding the places where large bottles sell for 70 baht and consist of guys and no girls. I understand that for some eking out the pension could be tough. Places such as Cheap Charlie and Hippo and Monkey give these people a good nourishing meal for the price of a beer and I cant help think that for some its a life saver. 

• Downvote 1
10 hours ago, jacko said:

So the place may deserve comment... one comment, I see it is up for sale (bahtsold I believe). Owner wanting to head home for health reasons is openly cited, rent 80,000 p.c.m, established, key money paid (how often is that expected?).

You missed off the 8.5mn baht asking price.?