Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Doha duty free prices etc

Usually transit in Dubai or Abu Dhabi pick a few packs off cigs or bacci to ease the ticket cost once back in Uk many moons since I went via Doha any idea on prices and what they will sell me etc 

Also I struggled to get a beer without going into a restaurant in the Terminal anything changed ?

• Upvote 1

I always used to get tobacco in Bangkok, I don't think there is much difference in the prices , just a factor of usually having more time and less tired. 

Always had the Thai baht to pay with too so no risk on  rip off with currency. 

Edited by jacko
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The price in January at bangkok airport for 400 L&Bs (Lambert and butler) was 1400 baht or around that price. But beware you can only bring 1 carton of 200 back to the uk.

The cigs was for my father (late xmas gift) he did say that they wasnt as good at the uk or the middle eastern equivalent.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, tombon said:

The price in January at bangkok airport for 400 L&Bs (Lambert and butler) was 1400 baht or around that price. But beware you can only bring 1 carton of 200 back to the uk.

The cigs was for my father (late xmas gift) he did say that they wasnt as good at the uk or the middle eastern equivalent.

I've compared prices online (or as much as is possible online) as regards Baccy from Bahrain Muscat Dubai Abu Dhabi and Doha (very limited info there)

Very similar across the board. Box of 10 x 50g Golden Virginia in Muscat worked out using Clarity card at £39.85 when hit my statement yesterday. Ludicrously cheap at £3.98 each compared to average £23 a pouch in the UK.....its no wonder many take their chances and thats not all I had rest assured

Rothmans (not the King Size ones) I normally get using mileage but if you buy the twin pack from airport its £11.25 per carton 200 cigs

Prices at Suvarnabhumbi were about 25% higher so not too bad considering the exchange rates we currently get

Edited to add just had quick look how much Benson and Hedges were in Muscat and they're £13.80

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Rawhide2 said:

I've compared prices online (or as much as is possible online) as regards Baccy from Bahrain Muscat Dubai Abu Dhabi and Doha (very limited info there)

Very similar across the board. Box of 10 x 50g Golden Virginia in Muscat worked out using Clarity card at £39.85 when hit my statement yesterday. Ludicrously cheap at £3.98 each compared to average £23 a pouch in the UK.....its no wonder many take their chances and thats not all I had rest assured

Rothmans (not the King Size ones) I normally get using mileage but if you buy the twin pack from airport its £11.25 per carton 200 cigs

Prices at Suvarnabhumbi were about 25% higher so not too bad considering the exchange rates we currently get

Edited to add just had quick look how much Benson and Hedges were in Muscat and they're £13.80

Middle east is cheaper and probably better quality product. But as someone said it is easier to buy them in bkk as any left over baht can be used.

I have also noticed when I have bought them in AUH the staff at the check out warn that you can only take one back to the uk. Let's hope they dont pass that electronic information to the UK boarder force.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, tombon said:

Middle east is cheaper and probably better quality product. But as someone said it is easier to buy them in bkk as any left over baht can be used.

I have also noticed when I have bought them in AUH the staff at the check out warn that you can only take one back to the uk. Let's hope they dont pass that electronic information to the UK boarder force.

No....the boarding card scan is VAT related. Stand on me UK Border force have a 101 things more important to intercept and deal with than an extra carton of cigs

More to the point even if the boarding card scan was forwarded to Border force (it isnt) than they are no further forward. A name but no face to match it to automatically

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Thanks 1