Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

60 day visa.........30 day extension in Pattaya?

Good afternoon all.......

Im going to Pattaya for 80 odd days in September this year.

I will get a 60 day visa in the U.K.

I understand , you can go to immigration in Jomtien, Soi 5? to get another 30 days extension?

My question is! WHEN! can I apply for the 30 day extension? I mean anytime? or after 30 days? 40 days ? etc etc.( I mean of course! after 30 days or 40 days or whatever when Im in Thailand!)

Thanks in anticipation.

Go after about 55 days. Any earlier and they have been known to turn people away telling them to come back nearer the expiry date. Remember that they're closed at weekends, and therefore Friday and mondays are busy. If you turn up after 11 and before 1 (I think) you'll have along wait as they're allowing time to finish the morning's session,  and have lunch.

You'll need other paperwork, but your hotel should be able to provide all you need.

• Like 1

Yes in the last week is recommended. 

Give yourself time, there is a slight chance they will ask, if they do not have, a TM30 record for you. 

A TM30 is usually submitted for you by your hotel .... where will you be staying?

Other than that, the fee is 1900 baht, you need to fill in a TM7 Form. I would expect the usual copies to be required of Main Passport Page, Visa, Entry (Permisssion of Stay) Stamp and TM6  Entry Card and a passport picture of yourself. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jacko said:

Yes in the last week is recommended. 

Give yourself time, there is a slight chance they will ask, if they do not have, a TM30 record for you. 

A TM30 is usually submitted for you by your hotel .... where will you be staying?

Other than that, the fee is 1900 baht, you need to fill in a TM7 Form. I would expect the usual copies to be required of Main Passport Page, Visa, Entry (Permisssion of Stay) Stamp and TM6  Entry Card and a passport picture of yourself. 

I will be staying in a house? Would that make any difference as opposed to a hotel, do you know?

As for the forms (TM7 and TM6)        I assume they can be had from the immigration office ? I will bring some passport photos with me form the U.K.!

The last time I stayed over 60 days was back in the 80s!  Back then, it was possible to get a 90 day "double entry", visa from the U.K.  Back then, I used to spend the winter in Koh Samui.........to use the visa, I just used to travel down to the Thai/Malaysian border...walk through into Malaysia and then walk back into Thailand! I wish it was still that easy!

Thanks very much for the information. Im "sure" Ive read somewhere...its best to get to the immigration office "early" in the morning?

i was thinking....if its going to be a "pain" to get a 30 day extension...to just get a cheap flight to ..say....Malaysia. Laos, etc..stay there a day or two, then come back and get a 30 day visa on arrival in BKK?

A bit of a faff..I know!

39 minutes ago, marleyboy said:

I will be staying in a house? Would that make any difference as opposed to a hotel, do you know?

As for the forms (TM7 and TM6)        I assume they can be had from the immigration office ? I will bring some passport photos with me form the U.K.!

The last time I stayed over 60 days was back in the 80s!  Back then, it was possible to get a 90 day "double entry", visa from the U.K.  Back then, I used to spend the winter in Koh Samui.........to use the visa, I just used to travel down to the Thai/Malaysian border...walk through into Malaysia and then walk back into Thailand! I wish it was still that easy!

Thanks very much for the information. Im "sure" Ive read somewhere...its best to get to the immigration office "early" in the morning?

I found this and other forms online. I link a pdf for TM7 and the main site after.

Perhaps jacko or another long stayer can check to see if this is correct.

http://www.immigrationbangkok.com/files/visa_forms/tm7.pdf

https://immigrationbangkok.com/thailand-immigration-forms/

• Like 1
9 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

Perhaps jacko or another long stayer can check to see if this is correct.

They can also be found on the Thai Visa Forum and printed off.

10 hours ago, marleyboy said:

i was thinking....if its going to be a "pain" to get a 30 day extension...to just get a cheap flight to ..say....Malaysia. Laos, etc..stay there a day or two, then come back and get a 30 day visa on arrival in BKK?

A bit of a faff..I know!

It is another option but Extensions of Tourist Visa and Visa Exempt Entries are usually straightforward in Jomtiem, and if you are in Pattaya or Jomtiem area it is an easy place to find. Just a government office and a bit irritating. 

Edited by jacko
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
10 hours ago, marleyboy said:

Yes it does,  the house owner is supposed to submit a TM30 to report they have a foreigner staying there, often it is overlooked. I cannot predict if immigration will check for the TM30, it is a bit hit and miss. Last I knew, tourists extensions were being asked.

You can certainly get a TM7 at immigration readily, the TM6 is the one given out on the plane. 

Double entry tourist visas are a thing of the past, replaced with METV, the requirements for these are off putting.

Personally I don't do that, all the old Expats queue up waiting for the doors to open so I felt the wait was long so early,I often swanned up about 9.30, but avoided Mondays and Fridays and days after holidays when you would expect it to be busy. BUT, apparently a new queuing system has been introduced  and a tent awning arrangement in the car park. I have yet to experience this and it may have changed things. I need a re-entry permit and am mulling over if I will go there or do it at the airport. 

See comments in quote box.

Edited by jacko

Hi,

I applied to the Thai Consulate at Liverpool.

They issued me with a Non-Imm Category O Single Entry Visa, valid for 90 days 

I applied by post, but had to collect in person from Liverpool.

The cost was £60 + £10 handling charge, £70 total.

As I am here for 108 days, at Jontien, they would only give 7 days.

So I had to do a Border run to Cambodia, and got 30 days " on arrival".

Try your nearest UK Consulate, for the above Visa.

Edited by thechairman18
Cost of view added
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, thechairman18 said:

Hi,

I applied to the Thai Consulate at Liverpool.

They issued me with a Non-Imm Category O Single Entry Visa, valid for 90 days 

I applied by post, but had to collect in person from Liverpool.

The cost was £60 + £10 handling charge, £70 total.

As I am here for 108 days, at Jontien, they would only give 7 days.

So I had to do a Border run to Cambodia, and got 30 days " on arrival".

Try your nearest UK Consulate, for the above Visa.

Many thanks for that.

Hmmn! When I got my 60 day visa, from the Cardiff offive in January...they told me the longest visa I could get was 60 days........Ive just looked on their website....it appears you can now get a 90 day one?!

I will have to phone them tomorrow!

1 hour ago, marleyboy said:

Many thanks for that.

Hmmn! When I got my 60 day visa, from the Cardiff offive in January...they told me the longest visa I could get was 60 days........Ive just looked on their website....it appears you can now get a 90 day one?!

I will have to phone them tomorrow!

A Non-Imm-O Visa allows for a 90 day stay, which cannot be extended unless you have a Thai dependent, or apply for a long term extension (- 1 year). 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, jacko said:

A Non-Imm-O Visa allows for a 90 day stay, which cannot be extended unless you have a Thai dependent, or apply for a long term extension (- 1 year). 

I will be in Thailand for a total of 82 days...so I "assume" the 0-Visa should be fine?

I went onto the thai-visa forum...Im not so "worried"! now...it looks like, I can look into the option of a non imm O-visa for 90 days...failing that, get a 60 day visa, then apply for a 30 day extension in Jomtien (I could book an hotel for the time I actually make the application?...........seeing as it may well be "easier" with the T 30 forms etc?      or! failing that......just do a days visa run to cambodia!?

For whatever reason! I "thought"! that if one was to do a "land crossing"..that only a week or two weeks would be added ..apparently its 30 days........so problem solved!    hopefully!

Apparently though, only 2 land crossings are permitted each year....which is all Id need.......Ideally though, a trip to the immigration office in Jomtien is the preferred option!

A days trip on the minibus to Cambodia, is ? OK! Though a trip to the immigration office is more comfortable!

14 hours ago, marleyboy said:

I will be in Thailand for a total of 82 days...so I "assume" the 0-Visa should be fine?

I went onto the thai-visa forum...Im not so "worried"! now...it looks like, I can look into the option of a non imm O-visa for 90 days...failing that, get a 60 day visa, then apply for a 30 day extension in Jomtien (I could book an hotel for the time I actually make the application?...........seeing as it may well be "easier" with the T 30 forms etc?      or! failing that......just do a days visa run to cambodia!?

For whatever reason! I "thought"! that if one was to do a "land crossing"..that only a week or two weeks would be added ..apparently its 30 days........so problem solved!    hopefully!

Apparently though, only 2 land crossings are permitted each year....which is all Id need.......Ideally though, a trip to the immigration office in Jomtien is the preferred option!

A days trip on the minibus to Cambodia, is ? OK! Though a trip to the immigration office is more comfortable!

Yes although I have no experience of doing this.... Thailand Visas are obtained on-line in the UK from The Embassy or I believe from Consulates by mail or collection. 

Also (which I failed to mention) a booking into a hotel for a few days can get the TM30 report done and hence get the Tourist Visa Extension done, I believe there are no questions asked wrt 'where have you been staying since you landed up until now'..... 

Correct that 2 land crossing Visa Exempts are allowed per calendar year and 30 days are given for each, it is a long time since the 15 day limit was changed. 

I did quite a few of those Cambodian Visa runs, in my early Thailand days I did use Triple Entry Tourist Visas and Multiple Non-Imm-Os, neither of which is available from the UK nowadays. There are still Visa run outfits that do a day run to the Cambodian Border and back from Pattaya. 

I was at immigration a few days ago to get a Re-Entry permit, it is always a busy looking place but in effect I was dealt with in 20 minutes or so. 

Edited by jacko
  • Like 1

Thanks for that Jacko..

I think I may well get a 60 day visa, then go to the Immigration office in Jomtien, to apply for the 30 day renewal.  I will book a hotel for a few days ..about a week or so before the visa expires...then go to the Jomtien office!

Im sure, back in the 80s, when I used to spend most of the winters in Thailand...I used to get a double entry 90 day visa...which Im sure just meant you had to leave after 90 days, go to a land crossing (I was in Samui..so I went to Malaysia)....

Ah the good old days!

I got my 30 day extension to my 60 day visa at Jomtiem yesterday.

Arrived at 11am and there was a bit of a queue and the normal chaos inside.

There is an agent called Graham (Thai) who sits at the wooden table on the left of the building before the entrance.

I gave him my passport, TM6  and TM30 from my hotel. He gets the photos and photocopies.

He sorted everything out for 2000 baht (plus the 1900) extension fee and I collected my passport 2 hours later.

Not cheap but I couldn't be arsed with the normal rigmarole in getting my extension.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, marleyboy said:

Thanks for that Jacko..

I think I may well get a 60 day visa, then go to the Immigration office in Jomtien, to apply for the 30 day renewal.  I will book a hotel for a few days ..about a week or so before the visa expires...then go to the Jomtien office!

You would just be as well using an Visa Agent instead of booking a hotel.

I know the Visa Agent at the Queen Vic is 3000 baht (includes the 1900 baht visa fee) they do the paperwork, and you then go down to the immigration office with a motorcycle driver, who leads you to a desk where your photo is taken (to prove you applied in person). He then takes you back to Pattaya, and you pick up your passport the next day.

Doing it this way, a TM30 has never been mentioned.

• Like 1