Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Condos built 2016-2020 that are well reviewed?

Hi, 

I'm doing Pattaya about 6-8 months per year and I don't feel the need to live in the busy center any longer. Previously I have enjoyed the condos around Avenue (Centara, Urban etc.). 

My next sentence perhaps is up for ridicule but I'll say it anyway: I'm looking to come down to 12-14k per month from the current 18-20k I've spent. 

What are some condo names that you have heard of - that are not too many years old - that you could recommend? 

I have quite a few friends who seem happy in The View Talays located on Thrappaya near the Threppasit junction, the ones on the seaside of the road with access towards the Beach. View Talay 5 and nearby buildings. Baht bus, proximity to Jomtiem and the airport bus is cited. 

Older than you specified though. 

Edited by jacko

You certainly have a wide choice of condos in your price range of 12 to 14 thousand a month. A couple things to look at is that if the electric bill comes directly from the government.  Then look at the monthly maintenance fees. They vary widely. Anywhere from 10 baht per square meter per month up to 50 baht per square meter per month. You may say that the landlord takes care of that but you can bet it is added to your rent. As for myself, I'm somewhat sensitive to noise and would avoid any complex that is beside a busy road. Is the complex well maintained? The swimming pool should be pristine. That seems to be the first area that is neglected.

• Like 1

Thank you guys, spot on. 

I just wanted to see if there where any "oh, I heard great about this complex" ideas. 

Currently staying at "Grand Avenue". New built (new years, 2019) and has a great pool with adjacent 2 x saunas. The rooms have a feeling of "new" as well (of course). 

However, I feel for example Pratumnak would be just fine for me. But there's like 20+ complexes and I dont know where to start...

Anyways, just thinking out loud. 

2 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Thank you guys, spot on. 

I just wanted to see if there where any "oh, I heard great about this complex" ideas. 

Currently staying at "Grand Avenue". New built (new years, 2019) and has a great pool with adjacent 2 x saunas. The rooms have a feeling of "new" as well (of course). 

However, I feel for example Pratumnak would be just fine for me. But there's like 20+ complexes and I dont know where to start...

Anyways, just thinking out loud. 

Lots of roadworks around Pratumnak at the moment. Being going on for the best part of 2 years now. Supposed to end within the next month or so, but who knows?

I lived in The Cliff in the Cosy Beach area for 4 1\2 years, which was fine but I wouldn't recommend it to a new renter. 

If you fancy Pratumnak the best thing to do is spend a few days around there when you are in town. Loads of different options available in the area.

My visa costs will be going up 10-20x because of the insurance rule , have an o-a.   Im moving to Pratumnak or Jomtien in April so also interested in suggestions. I pay 20,000 a month at Northpoint . Looks as i might be able to pay 10-15k in Pratumnak  I swim every other day so as Gary says a well maintained pool is essential. 

Sailingbill, I have read a few posts suggesting that guys on o-a with a retirement extension should start again, enter on a tourist visa and convert to an o, then get a retirement on that! 

• Upvote 2

Thanks Biggles, thats the plan.I have a friend in Bangkok who is an agent. I'll just let him deal with it but will still cost me. The virus has me worried about leaving and not getting back in with changes happening so fast . Was planning on meeting with friends in Angeles last week but bailed.   A real shame ,the O-A, only $200usd , useful for 2 years, no money in a Thai bank and even though he is a friend , no agents.

If you don't need in town and can live past Sukhumvit you can get a small house for less than 10k and have either your own pool or simply choose from the best pool in the area and pay to use that - or not, just use for free.

If in town, outside Stalag Nirun and associated bottom end stuff, then you are going to find it hard to look past VT1 as the cheapest option. A place there annually can come in under 100k.

Funny you should mention that. I only go to WS and Diana with friends visiting from the US.  Woke this morning to the Thai girl cleaning my condo . Was thinking if i do throw in with her a house may be the way to go. I have a small bike and only go to Villa or Foodland . I live directly on the beach now but probably havn't touch the sand in several months.

• 8 months later...
On 3/8/2020 at 7:30 AM, jacko said:

I have quite a few friends who seem happy in The View Talays located on Thrappaya near the Threppasit junction, the ones on the seaside of the road with access towards the Beach. View Talay 5 and nearby buildings. Baht bus, proximity to Jomtiem and the airport bus is cited. 

Older than you specified though. 

I’m a  fan of View Talay 5 as well. I’ve stayed there twice, including an 8 month stint that ended just six weeks ago. The pre-covid pricing was well beyond my means, but maybe with the covid mess.... I’m not sure how to best keep a watch for prices - I’ve seen a couple websites with listings but they were agencies advertising condos so prices didn’t seem any different than before the pandemic. Anyone have ideas of good sources for condo prices? I’ve seen bahtsold mentioned and will take a look.

11 hours ago, tps said:

I’m a  fan of View Talay 5 as well. I’ve stayed there twice, including an 8 month stint that ended just six weeks ago. The pre-covid pricing was well beyond my means, but maybe with the covid mess.... I’m not sure how to best keep a watch for prices - I’ve seen a couple websites with listings but they were agencies advertising condos so prices didn’t seem any different than before the pandemic. Anyone have ideas of good sources for condo prices? I’ve seen bahtsold mentioned and will take a look.

Two pals there both have extra studio  units they usually rent out, and as far as I know are sitting empty. They usually get very lucrative renters over high season and especially the peak period. Not this year.