Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Well that’s me not flying now

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

China is helping many countries to stand on their feet and I commend that.  It is emerging as a super nuclear power that can defend herself from bully countries of the world  While the West is bu

Strange perspective, I wonder if those in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Tibet etc are in full agreement? Perhaps the Uighur have input too. As for China not letting it's own people suffer, well they are not

Saudi Arabia.  

Is this what you're referring to?

The State of Qatar has imposed a temporary ban on arrivals from 14 countries as a precautionary measure to prevent the spread of the coronavirus (Covid-19).

The ban prohibits travellers from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, India, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria and Thailand.

According to the government, the decision will affect all individuals with residence or work permit, as well as visitors seeking visas on arrival.

If so, it looks as though they are only going to ban travelers from Thailand from entering the country. They may still allow passengers from Thailand to transit through the airport. 

• Upvote 1

From another source:

The temporary ban will also be applicable on people coming from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria and Thailand.

"This decision comes as a preventive measure due to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) worldwide," Qatar government said in a statement dated March 8.

According to the statement, the temporary suspension of entry would affect all individuals intending to enter from these countries, including visas upon arrival, those with residence or work permit, and temporary visitors.

Qatar Airways had announced temporary suspension of flights to and from Italy, one of the countries worst affected by the coronavirus outbreak.

Earlier in the day, sources said Qatar Airways has stopped flights from India.

However, an airline spokesperson clarified that passengers from India cannot take the flight if their final destination is Doha but would be allowed to take connecting flights, without stepping out of the Doha airport.

If that's the case,it's likely that they will allow travellers from the other banned countries to to take connecting flights. Worth checking with the airline......

• Upvote 1

At the moment you're ok in transit with Qatar but cant leave the airport not that you would anyway

I dont think its going to be long though now that Thailand are billing the airlines for all associated costs of corona brought into the Country. Suspect they'll abort completely

From yesterday

". Air operators shall be responsible for the expenses incurred relating to the isolation, quarantine, confinement for observation, and immunisation of the persons on board, including the expenses for the care, hospitalisation and prevention and control of international communicable diseases. "

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks all for the input guys ....

As I see it I can still transit etc but it’s a constant changing situation , sure as hell don’t want to be quarantined in Thailand or Doha ,awaitingTravel up my ticket seller to return my email regarding a refund or a voucher for later use ?

The International airlines are currently putting massive pressure on Govts not to ban flights I read today. The situation is fluid as we all know, hopefully transiting will still be ok, but the next 2 weeks will be crucial wrt International travel.

Also, given how well Thai Airlines are doing at the moment, I think banning flights or locking down BKK is not going to be a wise decision.

3 hours ago, Butch said:

The International airlines are currently putting massive pressure on Govts not to ban flights I read today. The situation is fluid as we all know, hopefully transiting will still be ok, but the next 2 weeks will be crucial wrt International travel.

Also, given how well Thai Airlines are doing at the moment, I think banning flights or locking down BKK is not going to be a wise decision.

One point that was made today on the news. Many airlines and cruise lines are not refunding fares unless the fare was a refundable fare. If the airline cancels flights, they are liable for all of it.

Edited by midlifecrisis
2 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

One point that was made today on the news. Many airlines and cruise lines are not refunding fares unless the fare was a refundable fare. If the airline cancels flights, they are liable for all of it.

I have received 3 emails from airlines in the last 24 hours all claiming they will re-book flights at no cost  (free changes) at this time, no mention of refunds though..... and nothing from the airline I have a flight booked with this month. 

Booked my annual trip to the US on EVA in June, still almost three months out.  Having the flight cancelled would be a hassle, but being taken captive by the state of Washington when I transit Seattle would be a lot worse.

Edited by nkped
1 hour ago, nkped said:

Booked my annual trip to the US on EVA in June, still almost three months out.  Having the flight cancelled would be a hassle, but being taken captive by the state of Washington when I transit Seattle would be a lot worse.

I would think that the CC you purchased it with would credit you the price if the flight was cancelled.

1 hour ago, nkped said:

We aren't concerned that you will infect us in Washington state but you should be concerrned that we might infect you. I live 2.5 hours south. I don't plan to go up there in the near future.

All kidding aside. I think things will have peaked before June. For now, I'm avoiding unnecessary crowds. I am ordering groceries online, that sort of thing.

5 hours ago, MrMango said:

I would think that the CC you purchased it with would credit you the price if the flight was cancelled.

Getting a refund is not  particularly my concern.

7 hours ago, nkped said:

Hi,

Let's hope things have settled down by then. If not, the economy will be a sad state, worldwide.

I'm booked for the end of May and keeping my fingers crossed at the moment.... Checked my booking yesterday and the seat allocation maps for my flights on QR are showing loads of unallocated seats.

4 hours ago, TheFiend said:

I'm booked for the end of May and keeping my fingers crossed at the moment.... Checked my booking yesterday and the seat allocation maps for my flights on QR are showing loads of unallocated seats.

I'm meant (and booked) to be flying to LOS on 20 April for a 4 week stay in Patts. As I see it, there are 3 hurdles to overcome, and I think the chances of doing all 3 are less than 50:50. The three are:

* Thai regulations on visitors;

* UK regulations on travelling; and

* travel insurance.

11 hours ago, midlifecrisis said:

We aren't concerned that you will infect us in Washington state but you should be concerrned that we might infect you. I live 2.5 hours south. I don't plan to go up there in the near future.

All kidding aside. I think things will have peaked before June. For now, I'm avoiding unnecessary crowds. I am ordering groceries online, that sort of thing.

Do not eat anything raw.  Cook everything.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BigusDicus said:

Do not eat anything raw.  Cook everything.

I am being very very careful but you made me think that through. The only raw things I eat are apples and oranges and occasionaly packaged carrot sticks. I will thoroughly wash the fruit first. I will cook the carrots. After that I will find other sources of fruit, likely canned!

34 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

I am being very very careful but you made me think that through. The only raw things I eat are apples and oranges and occasionaly packaged carrot sticks. I will thoroughly wash the fruit first. I will cook the carrots. After that I will find other sources of fruit, likely canned!

I love fresh green salads.  We had our last one Sunday.  No more for a while...

• Upvote 1

Had an email off QR today.... we will be able to rebook flights or receive a travel voucher free of charge up until 3 days before we fly....

Hope we don't have to resort to changing our plans.

One lad I work with was due to go on a cruise next month..... he's already cancelled!!!

20 hours ago, jacko said:

I have received 3 emails from airlines in the last 24 hours all claiming they will re-book flights at no cost  (free changes) at this time, no mention of refunds though..... and nothing from the airline I have a flight booked with this month. 

Be very careful of these - the "entrepreneurs" are out there - see

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/alert/coronavirus-scam-costs-victims-over-800k-in-one-month

If the scammers are at it in the UK, they'll be at it everywhere

1 hour ago, lounge_lizard said:

Be very careful of these - the "entrepreneurs" are out there - see

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/alert/coronavirus-scam-costs-victims-over-800k-in-one-month

If the scammers are at it in the UK, they'll be at it everywhere

I got a strange  SMS message to my phone with a link offering Coronavirus insurance, which I deleted. Who the hell is giving out my phone number? 

• Thanks 1
  • TheFiend locked this topic
  • TheFiend unlocked and locked this topic
  • TheFiend unlocked and locked this topic