Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

EVA just cancelled my wifes flight to Thailand from London. Impossible to contact them to try and rearrange it as they will not answer calls or texts.

As a passenger and long time Member I am appalled by their lack of customer care.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, beerboy said:

EVA just cancelled my wifes flight to Thailand from London. Impossible to contact them to try and rearrange it as they will not answer calls or texts.

As a passenger and long time Member I am appalled by their lack of customer care.

They are absolute wankers. They also cancelled mine, so I rebooked with Thai. They still run 2 planes a day and the fares while not cheap, are reasonable.

check this out, you're not alone

They don't answer their phones, and when you do get a ring it cuts off during the disclaimer message. Here's a couple of email addresses I had after I put in a compliant a couple of years ago, whether they work or not is anyone's guess as I've tried them today but to no avail. I feel like jumping on a train, going to the Office in Euston Rd grabbing hold of the Office Manager and smashing his fucking head in with a telephone so he knows what one looks like.

anyway:

csuk@evaair.com

or

eservice@mh1.evaair.com

I've scrawled a couple of cunt-o-grams to them, plus I intend to stick some stuff up on Trustpilot and Tripadvisor eventually. Never again, they can stick their premium economy product up their arse.

*edit in, I still had to use the online facility to cancel my already cancelled flight, so I should get a refund. My PE ticket cost me £870 ish, my Thai ticket cost me £585. As a tip, if rebooking with Thai, do it a week ahead or their prices go through the roof. You can also "hold" a reservation for 24h, and it remains the same regardless of any price changes.

Edited by Butch
  • Upvote 1

Had to cancel my already cancelled ticket via their website, not sure if I get my seat booking fee back automatically, or if I need to contact them seperately.

Managed to book with Thai for Friday flight. My Economy Plus ticket with EVA had cost £1175 return, forced to pay £1145 for Thai Economy single.

Expoliting ..........

Loyalty to EVA is now out of the window.

The reservation for my trip to the US with EVA is early June so still a ways from a decision point.  It could be worse.  I had briefly considered splurging and going business class with Korean.

2 hours ago, nkped said:

The reservation for my trip to the US with EVA is early June so still a ways from a decision point.  It could be worse.  I had briefly considered splurging and going business class with Korean.

A J Class ticket might stand a better chance of a refund... I will get nothing back mine in Economy (Saver H I think). But to be honest, lost purchases on flights etc are likely the least of our worries as financial markets collapse and many corporations go bankrupt.

2 hours ago, jacko said:

A J Class ticket might stand a better chance of a refund... I will get nothing back mine in Economy (Saver H I think). But to be honest, lost purchases on flights etc are likely the least of our worries as financial markets collapse and many corporations go bankrupt.

I didn't look that closely for amounts but my EVA reservation allowed changes and cancellations with a penalty.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I had to cancel my flights with EVA because of the Covid-19 problem. EVA have an on-line system to enable such applications. I duly applied on 17 March, and the screen said the money would be refunded back to the original credit card within 7 working days. 

It has not happened. When I check on their website, it says my refund is "in process". I realise that they must be exceptionally busy, but I'm wondering if any other BMs have experience of getting an EVA refund in recent weeks?

4 hours ago, Bazle said:

I had to cancel my flights with EVA because of the Covid-19 problem. EVA have an on-line system to enable such applications. I duly applied on 17 March, and the screen said the money would be refunded back to the original credit card within 7 working days. 

It has not happened. When I check on their website, it says my refund is "in process". I realise that they must be exceptionally busy, but I'm wondering if any other BMs have experience of getting an EVA refund in recent weeks?

I processed mine on the same day!

They told me in an email yesterday that it will take between 4 weeks for the money to be refunded due to high volumes of demand.

If you use this form linked below (feedback form) and in the box at the bottom, copy / paste your refund details with the reference number etc which you would have got by email when you applied, they'll tell you how it's going:

Here's my reply:

"Please kindly note that we have received your refund application for electronic ticket number 69524xxxxxx85 and have already started the refund process.

Please kindly allow up to 4 weeks for the refund to be registered into your bank account.

Kind regards,

Bhavini

EVA Air UK

you might get a bit of a touchy reply, telling you it's for feedback concerning a flight experience only but they will forward it to the relevant office.

https://booking.evaair.com/flyeva/EVA/B2C/feedback.aspx

This is the email the reply above came from:

csuk@evaair.com

Edited by Butch
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, Butch said:

I processed mine on the same day!

They told me in an email yesterday that it will take between 4 weeks for the money to be refunded due to high volumes of demand.

That's great, Butch. Thanks. Precisely what I needed to know. ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Bazle said:

No worries mate. I'll let you know when mine is refunded, with any luck they should be around the same time.

I'm just fucked off that EVA didn't have an email address anywhere on their site, and the London office wouldn't answer their phones, so I had to do a bit of hunting around to get any kind of response (the feedback form goes direct to CS in Taiwan)

4 hours ago, Bazle said:

I didn't book with EVA, but im having the exact same thing happen to me right now with Turkish Airlines!! Have all the emails confiming refunds back to the payment card, but nothing in my account right now. These emails are all from 10 days ago and no money yet...………………………...

There is a massive backlog. Imagine every pax these Airlines carry in the UK alone from around 1oth March (or earlier depending upon their destination) applying for a refund, it's going to run into the tens of thousands.

EVA for example, one 777 outward a day, that's 300+ pax a day who may have cancelled their trips from early March through to say, the middle of May, and my trip was scheduled for May as well, so I imagine it is a bit of a headache.

Anybody currently holding a ticket(s) on any airline including nationally owned should consider getting a refund if possible.  Things could still get much worse than they currently are.  Money in your account is preferable....can always buy another ticket.

Edited by BigusDicus
  • Like 1
On 3/30/2020 at 8:00 PM, Bazle said:

Bazle,

My refund came through today, it was the cost minus the £165 cancellation fee, paid into my account. I applied the same day you did.

hopefully yours will come through soon as well mate.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
45 minutes ago, Butch said:

Bazle,

My refund came through today, it was the cost minus the £165 cancellation fee, paid into my account. I applied the same day you did.

hopefully yours will come through soon as well mate.

Many thanks for that, Butch.

You caused me to check. On the EVA website it says: "Refund Status1 Apr. 2020:Refund completed!(it should appear on your statement in 1-2 billing cycles)".

I then looked, on-line, at my bank credit card, and it hasn't appeared. ☹️

I'm not sure what EVA mean by "billing cycles". I need to monitor this closely.

52 minutes ago, Bazle said:

You caused me to check. On the EVA website it says: "Refund Status1 Apr. 2020:Refund completed!(it should appear on your statement in 1-2 billing cycles)".

Mine went back to my debit card, a billing cycle for a CC is between 20 and 45 days, but in my email it also said the payment date is 2 months from date of issue (which was the 1st April as well).

It might be that you need to give it 24 hours for it to appear on a CC statement. If it has been refunded, then it might be currently "in the system" , so it has been refunded but not "registered" per se. I had this with a partial parking refund to my CC last week.

• Thanks 1
On 3/16/2020 at 11:31 AM, beerboy said:

I had a bad experience with EVA in January 2019 and started a thread about it. To be fair I got my money back from them pretty easily but it put me off their airline so much I haven't flown with them since and unless I had absolutely no choice I doubt I ever would again. Thai Airways only these days. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Siam Sam said:

I had a bad experience with EVA in January 2019 and started a thread about it. To be fair I got my money back from them pretty easily but it put me off their airline so much I haven't flown with them since and unless I had absolutely no choice I doubt I ever would again. Thai Airways only these days. 

I'm finding myself agreeing with you. Thai for me from now on. I'm even considering BA over EVA at the moment. I just had my refund from them but trying to call the UK office is impossible, they don't provide an email address so it is down to applying online for the refund and hoping it gets done. Terrible.

Shame they don't have a PE but I'd rather fly econ on a reliable airline to be honest. Are you a member of the FF? if so how do you find it?.

21 hours ago, Butch said:

I'm finding myself agreeing with you. Thai for me from now on. I'm even considering BA over EVA at the moment. I just had my refund from them but trying to call the UK office is impossible, they don't provide an email address so it is down to applying online for the refund and hoping it gets done. Terrible.

Shame they don't have a PE but I'd rather fly econ on a reliable airline to be honest. Are you a member of the FF? if so how do you find it?.

I fly EVA for one reason, it gets me to Asia from the US west coast around mid day Bangkok time. Everything else from here is late night. EVA doesn't thrill me. It does get me there on schedule.

Edited by midlifecrisis

EVA won't credit my miles back I think, I can't really decipher the T&C's, but I only used a few thousand miles to defer the cost by £50 or so. The refund was for the total amount I paid minus the cancellation fee. I also paid to pre book my seat, I'm getting that refunded apparently but it was in a separate email.

On 4/3/2020 at 11:09 AM, Bazle said:

Just checked my credit card account on-line again. The refund got credited on 3 April. Deep joy!! 

And well done EVA!

• Upvote 3