Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Bank letter for proof of income at immigration

I'm coming up for renewal of the retirement extension next month and it is the first year I can't use an embassy affidavit.  So I headed for the Bangkok Bank office at Soi 7.  I figured things are as likely to get more restrictive in town than less.

They knew exactly what I was asking for.  No surprise, you need your passport and bank book.  It took about 30 minutes and 700 baht.  I got a letter showing dates, USD received, and baht credited.  They attached the computerized transaction records for each deposit.

I should note I have a direct deposit account for my government annuity.  The only entries in the bank book are for the monthly deposits and transfers out to my other account.

I'll let you know how at goes at immigration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks!

I love the honesty of your report...On Thaivisa all you hear is "I did mine in 5 minutes today, what are you all complaining about" when they don't include travel time, preparation time and bank time. I once posted that it was a physical impossibility to do mine legally when I lived up North due to bank opening time, travel time and application closing time at the IO.....A Moderator said that it was a "sob story"..

I look forward to hearing the success of today's visit...

EDIT: The Bangkok Bank on 2nd rd opposite soi 6 opens at 08:30 ...

Edited by Bullfrog
More Info..
  • Like 1

I was quite impressed.  I waited until 11am.  I park at Central and take the baht bus as I have no confidence in my ability to park a Toyota Hilux in the bank's rather small car park.

• Upvote 1
On 3/24/2020 at 2:33 PM, nkped said:

I was quite impressed.  I waited until 11am.  I park at Central and take the baht bus as I have no confidence in my ability to park a Toyota Hilux in the bank's rather small car park.

You may have chosen a good day!!

Today I used the ATM at Big C Pattaya Tai. It didn't give me money but I received an SMS to say that it had deducted the money from my account.I went to the Bangkok Bank downstairs and it was bloody chaos because of the ATM problems and because of fear of banks closing down on Thursday. 

With the ATM problems apparantly happening across Pattaya and maybe further I would guess that ALL Bangkok Banks were chaotic today...!!!

1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

You may have chosen a good day!!

Today I used the ATM at Big C Pattaya Tai. It didn't give me money but I received an SMS to say that it had deducted the money from my account.I went to the Bangkok Bank downstairs and it was bloody chaos because of the ATM problems and because of fear of banks closing down on Thursday. 

With the ATM problems apparantly happening across Pattaya and maybe further I would guess that ALL Bangkok Banks were chaotic today...!!!

Earlier today I had one Bangkok Bank ATM give me a communication error message when I tried to withdraw some cash. Went to another BB ATM and withdrew the money just fine.

Suspect the network was just overloaded from all the panicked people trying to get cash. Sad really all the rumors floating around and people panicking as a result. Too bad their govt is mostly to blame for the rumor mills with the way they're handling this emergency announcement.

BTW, mine wasn't a panic withdrawal, just the normal, every couple of days replenish my pocket cash withdrawal.

Yesterday, the Bangkok Bank ATM at the Soi 7 office went tilt.  Thirty minutes later at Central, my card worked in another bank's ATM.

8 hours ago, nkped said:

Yesterday, the Bangkok Bank ATM at the Soi 7 office went tilt.  Thirty minutes later at Central, my card worked in another bank's ATM.

Yep, luckily I was one of the first in the queue, I was also lucky because ordinarily I don't carry my passport with me but yesterday I grabbed it just in case I was stopped for some "lockdown police checks" (no idea why I thought there would be - just spur of the moment thing). They initially asked for my bank book but I never carry it with me when I'm popping to the shops so in the end I did paperwork for the money to be credited back into my account. All in all 90 minute job!

Regarding covid - they had seats with signs on to keep gaps but then people were instead just milling around close to eachother. It was chaotic there.....!!

EDIT = Whilst waiting for the bank to open I went for a spicy pad krapow so when I got to the bank I was coughing, sneezing with a runny nose and sweating ...!!!

Edited by Bullfrog
9 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

I was unable to make an on-line payment in the morning and the phone lines were all busy, so something wrong on their network. later in the day it worked. 

• Thanks 1