Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Retirement extension for the apocalypse

Retirement extension of my in country non-immigrant O due by 28 April so decided to go today as the best of the various suboptimal alternatives.

You queue outside the building to get a number.  It is covered and there are a couple of fans.  Arrived about 9:30 and it took about an hour to get in the door.  They let perhaps ten in at a time.  Guy takes your temperature before letting you in and you get a number.  Good news is that it is not completely jammed inside.

They were processing the number before mine when I got in.  Young guy checking the documents at counter 8.  I had a photo which he attached to the TM.7.  Apparently, a copy of the house book and a couple of utility bills were sufficient for proof of address.  The income letter which I got from Bangkok Bank was in order.  He did ask if I had proof of my pension.  Printed it off last week but forgot to bring it.  He said he would call if the boss wanted it.  

No mention of insurance.  There is a notice about insurance for O-As.

Given the green receipt card and told to come back tomorrow afternoon.  

Overall, they're doing pretty well under the circumstances.

Wore a mask to be a good neighbor.

Outside, there was a separate canopy to the right with a big sign for document precheck.  Did not go through it.  There was a small sign on the table for "90 day".

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Picked up the passport with a new extension just after 3pm.  They had a table under an awning just to the right of the street entrance so quite quick and easy to keep my distance.

I should add that yesterday, I also submitted a copy of my bank book for proof of income.

Now, just hoping I didn't draw the short straw standing in line yesterday.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, nkped said:

Now, just hoping I didn't draw the short straw standing in line yesterday

I have found myself counting from events where I put myself at risk.... every day is a plus if I wake up without a fever!

I think my trip to immigration March 10th is no longer an issue... that would have been ironic as it was for a Re-Entry Permit I ended up not needing.

I still have concerns over an Expats Club meeting and a visit to the dentists ..what a way to live life!

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Two weeks on from the mass gaggle at immigration and I seem to be okay.  Well, I knew the odds were in my favor.

I went when I did on the theory that the situation wasn't going to improve.  There are times I would prefer not to be right.

7 hours ago, nkped said:

the situation wasn't going to improve.

Understatement of the year!