Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:18 PM, marleyboy said:

Im booked with Thai for September......cant see me going then....hope so of course! 

Can't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to Marleyboy, without getting into another Covid thread, I think the Airlines are looking to resume operations in whatever form as soon as they can. Also, worth bearing in mind that an Airline can change a route, reinstate a service and deploy crews at fairly short notice.

On 5/9/2020 at 1:46 AM, Butch said:

Thanks Brown1950, I see EVA are still running a LHR-TPE service as well. Hopefully in time Thai will reinstate the other service.

Eva is showing Bangkok-Taipei flights from 1 June on.  Still no transit through TPE and severe restrictions on entry.  Obviously subject to change.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Butch said:

Can't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to Marleyboy, without getting into another Covid thread, I think the Airlines are looking to resume operations in whatever form as soon as they can. Also, worth bearing in mind that an Airline can change a route, reinstate a service and deploy crews at fairly short notice.

I certainly "hope!" it will fly...........Im more concerned with any "restrictions", about covid free certificates etc....the 2 weeks quarantine /isolation doesnt bother me that much...

Fingers crossed...........but Im not optimistic!

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Brown1950 said:

Latest update

Thai Airways have amended flights :-

Bangkok-London Heathrow  eff 01AUG  1 daily 777-300ER

Have they said which flight, afternoon or evening?.

I booked Thai from London Heathrow, for September..It was the mid-day flight..

I booked it early March...originally it was meant to be on an A380...In march though..I had an e-mail from them saying it was a flight change..so would now be a 777..

Im booked to go on September 12..........................very much doubt that will be happening though!!

14 hours ago, Brown1950 said:

My understanding for August the flights will be TG911/TG910  12.30 ex LHR

Thanks Brown, appreciate the updates fella.

Marleyboy, I still think your trip will go ahead, Sept is a good way off and although a lot will be changing, hopefully you'll get a holiday.

I think that on the busy routes the Airlines are being quite dynamic in their approach. I'm not expert and merely speculating, but I would imagine that a daily direct from LHR-BKK is going to be busy most of the year and a fairly lucrative route, so if needed changes can possibly be made at relatively short notice. Just my opinion though might well be wrong on that.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Butch said:

Thanks Brown, appreciate the updates fella.

Marleyboy, I still think your trip will go ahead, Sept is a good way off and although a lot will be changing, hopefully you'll get a holiday.

I think that on the busy routes the Airlines are being quite dynamic in their approach. I'm not expert and merely speculating, but I would imagine that a daily direct from LHR-BKK is going to be busy most of the year and a fairly lucrative route, so if needed changes can possibly be made at relatively short notice. Just my opinion though might well be wrong on that.

A few weeks ago...I thought the September trip would be "impossible"!.......However, I am getting a "tiny"! bit more optimistic every day!  "Hopefully", the U.K. is finally getting a tad better day by day...covid-wise that is, I mean less deaths etc..........

Who knows! As you say...it is a fair time away yet!  What is the "saying"?  24 hours is a long time in politics?!!

Who knows! My fingers arms and legs are crossed!

• Upvote 1

You've got good reason to be optimistic.

I don't want to hijack Brown1050's thread, and maybe he can give a bit of insight as I understand he is in the trade, but June / July seem to be the months on everyone's lips at the moment. August / Sept are a long time away, and an awful lot can happen in that time. As I said earlier, Airlines are in the business of making money, and if it means that a lucrative route such as LHR-BKK becomes active , then from a commercial standpoint it makes sense to adjust plans as needed.

Again, sorry Brown1950 for a bit of a hijack mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Thai Airways TG916 has come into London 3 times in the past week. The latest one was about 10 minutes ago.

Then TG917 has gone to Bangkok, 2 times so far but likely the 3rd one tonight as they turn the plane around. They are A350 planes.

Is Bangkok Airport still closed to all except Thai's?

Yes. The flights you mention are repatriation flights bringing Thai nationals back home. Latest reports are that the authorities do not expect normal international flights to resume until end-September and then limited to countries who are deemed to have controlled Covid.

42 minutes ago, tallguy said:

Yes. The flights you mention are repatriation flights bringing Thai nationals back home. Latest reports are that the authorities do not expect normal international flights to resume until end-September and then limited to countries who are deemed to have controlled Covid.

Our down under friends are likely at the head of the queue.

1 hour ago, midlifecrisis said:

Our down under friends are likely at the head of the queue.

Except they might not want to come out to play until next year.?

I think the Aussies are only looking at flights to and from New Zealand at the moment. (Happy for anyone to fill in any gaps or correct any errors).

6 hours ago, richardm said:

Is Bangkok Airport still closed to all except Thai's?

As far as I know, althouh those with permanent residency, Thai family or work permits are allowed too.They have to get some permit from the Thai Embassy and some medical certification and maybe some insurance and will have 2 weeks of quarantine at their own expense.... pretty onerous.

I was fortunate to fly on the TG A350 when it was briefly on the LHR route a couple of years ago, IMHO it's a lovely aircraft.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...