Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Any idea what dish this is?

9 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

Fuck knows ..... "Guay tieow pak mai sai nam dok" ...??

I entered "Fuck knows" in the google translator and got "เพศสัมพันธ์รู้" as the translation. ?

That helps though. Thanks.

Edited by 4wheels
  • Downvote 1
7 hours ago, 4wheels said:

I entered "Fuck knows" in the google translator and got "เพศสัมพันธ์รู้" as the translation. ?

That helps though. Thanks.

I couldn't work out if there was pork belly or noodles in it either ..... but no fuck though ... (pumpkin)

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Upvote 1

Looks good. Probably leftovers from the day before, all stir fried like you would do with 'bubble and squeak'. I have often had such things in Thai breakfast offerings at hotels, and it generally is the best thing on offer. Certainly better for you than those red dicks next to it.?

• Upvote 4
2 hours ago, yorta2 said:

Looks good. Probably leftovers from the day before, all stir fried like you would do with 'bubble and squeak'. I have often had such things in Thai breakfast offerings at hotels, and it generally is the best thing on offer. Certainly better for you than those red dicks next to it.?

Those red dicks are to appease Brits who have hot dogs and the like for breakfast.?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 5
4 hours ago, 4wheels said:

Those red dicks are to appease Brits who have hot dogs and the like for breakfast.?

Showing a bit of ignorance there, Brits would never have hot dogs for breakfast. If I recall even MM thought it heinous. You get the butterflied and deep fried ones here with an 'American breakfast,' truly disgusting!

Edited by jacko
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

My brother visited last year. Loves German food so Naklua restaurants were going to be a treat. He ordered Nuremburg Sausages with German potato salad. I should steered him to the Brats as i thought the price was a bit low.  "Bill, they are fucking hot dogs!" And not very good ones.  Redemption  came later with 1/2 roast duck,  dumplings ,potato and  Red Cabbage. 499baht.  

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, jacko said:

Showing a bit of ignorance there, Brits would never have hot dogs for breakfast. If I recall even MM thought it heinous. You get the butterflied and deep fried ones here with an 'American breakfast,' truly disgusting!

I need to give credit where credit is due. It was yorta2 who designated them "red dicks",which I find apropos. I still remember my 1st visit to Yurrup (Amsterdam) 40+ years ago and seeing cold cuts on buffet offer. I started looking around for a sub/hoagie roll to put them to use.

18 hours ago, jacko said:

I can guarantee that nothing similar to those is part of any breakfast in America. Possibly a child's breakfast though I don't even remember that.  But then again,I've only had breakfast here for 69 years next week and my memory fades. I wonder who designated those as part of an "American breakfast"? 

36 minutes ago, 4wheels said:

I can guarantee that nothing similar to those is part of any breakfast in America. Possibly a child's breakfast though I don't even remember that.  But then again,I've only had breakfast here for 69 years next week and my memory fades. I wonder who designated those as part of an "American breakfast"? 

Patties or links at Denny's after a night in a bar.....!Heaven knows where they got this idea from in Asia!

On 5/27/2020 at 11:35 AM, la8rat said:

It seems breakfast is not one of your talents. Eather stay in bed and avoid it, or follow the breakfast rules adhered to by the civilised world. 

1. Breakfast to be conducted at a low volume. Shouting "HEY BURT WHAT THE FRICKIN FRICK IS THIS? " in the buffet queue is unacceptable. 

2. There may well be people around with hangovers. They will certainly stick to rule 1. Unless confronted by a confused loud person who. Instead of getting on with breakfast in a quite orderly manner, is now holding everyone up to take buffet pictures. Then you may hear a quiet. "Twat" being aimed in your direction. Take the hint and stop fucking about. 

3. If in doubt stick to tea/coffee and toast. If the toaster looks like it might be a technical challenge for you, quietly admit you are a breakfast novice an skip the toast. Maybe you can come back later and have a practice when everyone else has finished. 

4. If your other half is visually offensive or prone to talking.. Don't take her to breakfast! 

5. At breakfast do not talk to, acknowledge the presence of, or dare to look into the eyes of, a smoker until they are on their fifth cigarette .......And even then do not put a runny egg in your mouth if you suspect that they are going to cough up a mouthfull of phlem and swallow it back ....

• Haha 3
  • 1 month later...
On 5/28/2020 at 6:31 AM, 4wheels said:

I recall this being discussed on Pattaya Talk years ago. It may have been EvilP who said that "American Breakfast" was the term used for the breakfast served to American GIs way back when. The hot dogs probably came about because when a pork breakfast sausage was described to the Thais, this was the only think they could think, had experience with, or had available.

46 minutes ago, BeerBelly said:

The hot dogs probably came about because when a pork breakfast sausage was described to the Thais, this was the only think they could think, had experience with, or had available.

Or maybe they were shown a can of sausages or even "compo" sausages ...

1 hour ago, BeerBelly said:

I recall this being discussed on Pattaya Talk years ago. It may have been EvilP who said that "American Breakfast" was the term used for the breakfast served to American GIs way back when. The hot dogs probably came about because when a pork breakfast sausage was described to the Thais, this was the only think they could think, had experience with, or had available.

That was my theory.  Americans eat sausage for breakfast, both configurations.  A hot dog is a sausage, more or less true.  Something got lost in translation.

My first thought on the original question was some sort of Mexican scramble.